Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Posts: 6149
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:06 am
Name: Peter
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by Terpits » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:10 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Then there is the Luminor Chrono Monopulsante GMT Blu Notte with its
44mm matte black ceramic case, blue sandwich dial, and Caliber P.2004.


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692559


As well as Luminor Chrono with 44mm stainless steel cases, cool black,
bkue, and white sandwich dials, and P.9200 caliber movement too.


Image


Image


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692560


Then the Luminor Chrono Luna Rossa will have a 44mm stainless steel case,
neat blue dials, sporty straps,  P.9200 movement, and more.


Image


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692561

Wow. A lot of these Panerais are fire. I wish I have bigger wrists.
:rimshot:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 11015
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JBZ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:26 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29505
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by matt.wu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm

JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
:htfu:

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 14814
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by dukerules » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 pm

Nothing from Rolex or Tudor really moves me this year. Maybe that BB panda chronograph, but I’m not even sure about that. I do wish I had bought that 39mm explorer I had my eye on a couple of years ago.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 11015
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JBZ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
Well, sure, but you can’t change fonts for the date on a mechanical watch. I honestly don’t get the aversion to a date magnifier. It’s practical and unobtrusive. I can tell the date instantly with a quick glance.

But I know a lot of folks don’t like it.
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29505
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by matt.wu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm

JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
Well, sure, but you can’t change fonts for the date on a mechanical watch. I honestly don’t get the aversion to a date magnifier. It’s practical and unobtrusive. I can tell the date instantly with a quick glance.

But I know a lot of folks don’t like it.
To me, the corollary is ... bigger date font a la Lange, GO, Blancpain, etc...

YOU’RE WRONG, JEFF!
:htfu:

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 11364
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by logan2z » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm

JBZ wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
Well, sure, but you can’t change fonts for the date on a mechanical watch. I honestly don’t get the aversion to a date magnifier. It’s practical and unobtrusive. I can tell the date instantly with a quick glance.

But I know a lot of folks don’t like it.
Some are worse than others. I think the one on the AP ROO isn't too bad - it doesn't protrude from the surface of the crystal.

Image

Image

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6333
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by dnslater » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Regarding Panerai, is it weird to have that fancy mechanism to protect the crown and prevent water intrusion and then just have a couple of unprotected pushers sticking out there?

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 11015
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JBZ » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:39 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
Well, sure, but you can’t change fonts for the date on a mechanical watch. I honestly don’t get the aversion to a date magnifier. It’s practical and unobtrusive. I can tell the date instantly with a quick glance.

But I know a lot of folks don’t like it.
To me, the corollary is ... bigger date font a la Lange, GO, Blancpain, etc...

YOU’RE WRONG, JEFF!
You sound like my wife.

The other odd thing to me is that if you prefer a watch with a date and no magnifier, you have far more options to choose from than if you want one. The only reason (IMHO) people make a big deal out of it one way or the other is that the best known luxury watch brand in the world happens to use it for all of their dates, and has for a long time.
Image

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 11015
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JBZ » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:41 am

logan2z wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm
JBZ wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Cyclops magnifiers are universally ugly. A horrible solution to creating a more visible date.
I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you.
Hahaha

Can you imagine if, instead of offering an ability to change font size, Apple offered to sell you a magnifying glass to glue to your phone??
Well, sure, but you can’t change fonts for the date on a mechanical watch. I honestly don’t get the aversion to a date magnifier. It’s practical and unobtrusive. I can tell the date instantly with a quick glance.

But I know a lot of folks don’t like it.
Some are worse than others. I think the one on the AP ROO isn't too bad - it doesn't protrude from the surface of the crystal.

Image

Image
I've always like those. My far more reasonably priced Brooks Brothers chronograph uses the same sort of thing. The magnification isn't that great, though.
Image

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:48 am

Terpits wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:10 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Then there is the Luminor Chrono Monopulsante GMT Blu Notte with its
44mm matte black ceramic case, blue sandwich dial, and Caliber P.2004.


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692559


As well as Luminor Chrono with 44mm stainless steel cases, cool black,
bkue, and white sandwich dials, and P.9200 caliber movement too.


Image


Image


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692560


Then the Luminor Chrono Luna Rossa will have a 44mm stainless steel case,
neat blue dials, sporty straps,  P.9200 movement, and more.


Image


Image


https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7692561

Wow. A lot of these Panerais are fire. I wish I have bigger wrists.
:) Me too Peter, along with deeper pockets also. :grin:

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 am

Adding this new Tangente in...

Which has a 41mm stainless steel case, Midnight, and NOMOS Caliber 6101.


Image


Image


https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/nomos ... ntroducing

Along with new Club Campus models with new Absolute Gray,
and Future Orange dials, 36, or 38mm cases, and much more.

Image


https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/nomos ... ntroducing


Nomos once again for you...


https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/
Last edited by AtomicTom on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17160
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 am

The orange are ugly but the washed out grey are worse.

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6333
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by dnslater » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 am
Adding this new Tangente in...

Which has a 41mm stainless steel case, Midnight, and NOMOS Caliber 6101.

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/
Love the look of these and almost picked up a Tangente recently, but the lug length scares me with that design at 41mm.

These new 41mm Metros that Wu posted probably wear much better.

Image

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 29236
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:08 am

Nomos can’t do lugs
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 2120
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by pbj204 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 am

Image

Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17160
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 am

pbj204 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 am
Image
My daughter would love those.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am

dnslater wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 am
AtomicTom wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 am
Adding this new Tangente in...

Which has a 41mm stainless steel case, Midnight, and NOMOS Caliber 6101.

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/
Love the look of these and almost picked up a Tangente recently, but the lug length scares me with that design at 41mm.

These new 41mm Metros that Wu posted probably wear much better.

Image

Actually didn’t notice that with the lugs at first Nick, but now
am totally seeing what you mean. :o :thumbsup:

Yes, that one you are showing looks a lot more friendly for sure. :)

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am

Adding to Art’s, and Andrew’s IWC news with the Big Pilot Perpetual
Calendar with 46.2mm stainless steel case, blue sunray-brushed dial,
and calibre IWC 52615.


Image

Image

Image


https://monochrome-watches.com/hands-on ... 605-price/


IWC...

https://www.iwc.com/us/en/home.html

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 2585
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by Steve O. » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:06 pm
AtomicTom wrote:Rolex is having a busy Watches & Wonders it looks like everyone. :thumbsup:

And Rolex also guys...

https://www.rolex.com/

Surprisingly I am really digging these two

Image




Image
Me too. Pretty cool.
"I don't know what my expectations are until they're not met." - Chuck Lorre

User avatar
blkgsl
Herro!!!
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 am
Name: blkgsl

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by blkgsl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:24 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:32 am
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 pm
Overall, I think what I’m seeing so far is better than average. Some good looking watches from many brands, and some mind-blowing ones (JLC Reverso Hybris Mechanica)...

Image

The JLC is pretty remarkable. Here's Hodinkee's take on all of the functions. So if you have $1.5MM lying around and can't figure out what to do with it...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/jaege ... ntroducing
Zack?!
lol - pricing aside, the Reverso is not to my taste.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11564
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Did anyone catch this one from IWC also? :)

Its a concept watch called the Big Pilot’s Watch Shock Absorber XPL.
Having a 44mm Ceratanium case (part ceramic & part titanium) with
IWC in-house manufactured 32115 calibre underneath it all.



Image



Image


https://www.ablogtowatch.com/iwc-big-pi ... irst-look/


IWC...

https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/home.html

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 35798
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:11 pm

^ further proof that high-tech can be fugly.

User avatar
Ruggs
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 pm
Name: Andrew
Location: San Francisco

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by Ruggs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 pm

I like the Breitling chronos! Too spendy for me but they look great imo.

aztecknight
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Watch & Wonders 2021 New Releases

Post by aztecknight » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 am
pbj204 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 am
Image
My daughter would love those.
I'm gonna rock that pink one.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BlueSky, logan2z, Majestic-12 [Bot], rockmastermike, Torrid, TSD and 68 guests