What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
mellonb1
Name: Brian

Re: What do you drive???

Post by mellonb1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:50 am

JDC222 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:01 am
I picked this up from my neighbour last week, a 2000 Jeep XJ Sport. It’s the 4.0L V6 version, same owner for 21 yrs. The mileage ... 140,000kms (86,000miles). I installed a new muffler, a signal lens, taillight and gave her a good scrub. For 4K ($3100usd), my daughter is happy!

ImageImageImage
Nice Dave. That's a clean one owner.

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:22 pm

Dibs when she’s done.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:10 pm

Great choice
The Hapa

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Dave, I had one of those for years. I’m a big fan of the XJ platform and the straight 6 is a truly bulletproof engine.

The Jeep XJ forum was pretty helpful when I had mine.

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:33 am

Stephen

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:44 am

flyskate wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:33 am
Amazing car, love the color too.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 am

jswing wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:44 am
flyskate wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:33 am
Amazing car, love the color too.
What he said. :cheers:

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Thanks guys, It's the best car I've owned!
Stephen

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:12 pm

93 Turbo wrote:About 3 weeks ago my bro in-law picked up a 1999 996 manual as a project vehicle. Initially he wanted to set it up for the track, but has now changed direction and it's going to be set up as a great car for weekend drives.

He asked if I wanted to go halves on the project, as a track vehicle I declined. Now with his change in direction I'm in.

It's going in for a major service tomorrow, new clutch & fly wheel, IMS, RMS and no doubt a few more things we probably didn't expect but are prepared for...

In time new seats, exhaust, suspension and bushes and some very restrained cosmetic detailing will take place.

The Toyota Hilux in the back ground is my daily drive with over 280K kms on the clock, it's bullet proof and has never let me down.
Nice Porsche.

Is that a bike rack on the Hilux? How do they look up there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:28 pm

JDC222 wrote:I picked this up from my neighbour last week, a 2000 Jeep XJ Sport. It’s the 4.0L V6 version, same owner for 21 yrs. The mileage ... 140,000kms (86,000miles). I installed a new muffler, a signal lens, taillight and gave her a good scrub. For 4K ($3100usd), my daughter is happy!

ImageImageImage
Bullet proof engine and great first vehicle. Your daughter is lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:27 pm

JDC222 wrote:I picked this up from my neighbour last week, a 2000 Jeep XJ Sport. It’s the 4.0L V6 version, same owner for 21 yrs. The mileage ... 140,000kms (86,000miles). I installed a new muffler, a signal lens, taillight and gave her a good scrub. For 4K ($3100usd), my daughter is happy!

ImageImageImage
Nice catch pal!

We found a similar one in red for our oldest daughter back in the day. Great vehicle and will last with proper maintenance.

jaw

Post by jaw » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm

Recent acquisition.
Tesla Model Y, Long Range, Full Self-Driving - F'ing Awesome Smile Inducer.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:50 pm

I'm in transition mode as my Camry will be adopted by my youngest in a couple of months which will take him through high school and college if he keeps up on maintenance. (My oldest adopted or Honda Pilot and mom replaced it with her Highlander.)

Which means dad is in the market again and soon will be back to my 1hr to work and 1hr back home commute. Nothing fancy, just decent mileage and comfortable for at least 2 hours a day.

Test drove Santa Fe, Sorento, Outback, CR-V, Rav-4, etc...that range/segment and will tackle sedans next to see what is available in my price range.

Also have to budget adding to my drive way for a 3rd vehicle, and Spring Break mini vacation....kids suck, lol.....I kid, of course.

Wish me luck

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Check out the Mazda CX-5. The interior is really nice.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Outback’s are great. Or find a gently used Prius- hard to beat the gas mileage.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:27 pm

I'm thinking Tesla model 3 might be my next vehicle. Take a look at those.
The Hapa

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:28 am

We got a new Honda Pilot for my wife, the special edition model with the black wheels. It is plenty big enough to haul family gear and comfortable to drive with great visibility. AWD is nice to have, especially in my neck of the woods.

Honda is offering a “Passport” model again, which is basically a Pilot minus about 18” of length and $3k of cost. If you don’t the extra cargo space, it might be an option to consider.

I think Honda is still offering 0% financing which makes things a bit easier as well.

We piled the miles on our old Pilot (13 years of ownership, 280K miles) with only normal maintenance. Honestly, it was more reliable than my Tacoma.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:26 am

james80 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:12 pm
93 Turbo wrote:About 3 weeks ago my bro in-law picked up a 1999 996 manual as a project vehicle. Initially he wanted to set it up for the track, but has now changed direction and it's going to be set up as a great car for weekend drives.

He asked if I wanted to go halves on the project, as a track vehicle I declined. Now with his change in direction I'm in.

It's going in for a major service tomorrow, new clutch & fly wheel, IMS, RMS and no doubt a few more things we probably didn't expect but are prepared for...

In time new seats, exhaust, suspension and bushes and some very restrained cosmetic detailing will take place.

The Toyota Hilux in the back ground is my daily drive with over 280K kms on the clock, it's bullet proof and has never let me down.
Nice Porsche.

Is that a bike rack on the Hilux? How do they look up there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks James, the racks on my Hilux are for my ocean surf skis. My knees are that bad I can't ride a bike, so I'm now destroying my shoulders paddling...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:02 am

jaw wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm
Recent acquisition.
Tesla Model Y, Long Range, Full Self-Driving - F'ing Awesome Smile Inducer.

I test drove a model 3, and I couldn't stop smiling during the test drive. The acceleration in these things is insane. I ended up going a different route, because my wife really wanted a convertible, but I'll always remember that ride. Congrats!

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:13 am

SoCal C4S wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:23 pm
Outback’s are great. Or find a gently used Prius- hard to beat the gas mileage.
Outbacks are not great. My wife’s rides like shit and rattles like it has 150,000 miles on it. It has 5,000.

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 am

Opinions and experiences vary.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 am

It’s not an opinion that the outback’s interior quality is about what you’d expect from a car one or two generations old, that the CVT transmissions are unreliable, and that every one of their NA engines sucks compared to modern alternatives.

Subaru is incredibly lucky they went all in on AWD because the cars are mediocre at best. If you legitimately think the outback is a good car, you should go drive a bunch of alternatives - the new Acura suv being a good one to start with - they will blow your mind.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:04 am

rockmastermike wrote:I'm in transition mode as my Camry will be adopted by my youngest in a couple of months which will take him through high school and college if he keeps up on maintenance. (My oldest adopted or Honda Pilot and mom replaced it with her Highlander.)

Which means dad is in the market again and soon will be back to my 1hr to work and 1hr back home commute. Nothing fancy, just decent mileage and comfortable for at least 2 hours a day.

Test drove Santa Fe, Sorento, Outback, CR-V, Rav-4, etc...that range/segment and will tackle sedans next to see what is available in my price range.

Also have to budget adding to my drive way for a 3rd vehicle, and Spring Break mini vacation....kids suck, lol.....I kid, of course.

Wish me luck

Check out dealers that do loaner/courtesy vehicles in your area. Ford does them, as does Mercedes and a few others. This is how I got my 2020 Explorer last year. Wasn’t going to go that big, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:04 am
rockmastermike wrote:I'm in transition mode as my Camry will be adopted by my youngest in a couple of months which will take him through high school and college if he keeps up on maintenance. (My oldest adopted or Honda Pilot and mom replaced it with her Highlander.)

Wish me luck

Check out dealers that do loaner/courtesy vehicles in your area. Ford does them, as does Mercedes and a few others. This is how I got my 2020 Explorer last year. Wasn’t going to go that big, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hadn't thought about that, thanks

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:23 am

JP Chestnut wrote:It’s not an opinion that the outback’s interior quality is about what you’d expect from a car one or two generations old, that the CVT transmissions are unreliable, and that every one of their NA engines sucks compared to modern alternatives.

Subaru is incredibly lucky they went all in on AWD because the cars are mediocre at best. If you legitimately think the outback is a good car, you should go drive a bunch of alternatives - the new Acura suv being a good one to start with - they will blow your mind.
We disagree. I’m on my third, a 2021 Touring XT, and it’s wonderful.