“Vintage” Micro

Discussion of microbrand watches
User avatar
mvyadam
Masshole
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am
Name: Adam
Location: Martha's Vineyard, Ma.

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by mvyadam » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Looking through old pics today and found some of these, some from like 10-15 yrs ago! I remember getting some quartz Orsas on ebay directly from the guy in Canada for like $120 back in maybe 03-04?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4446
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:09 pm

nice run through Adam......
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 8730
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Nice.
I miss my Zinex and, especially, my UTS 3000.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
mvyadam
Masshole
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am
Name: Adam
Location: Martha's Vineyard, Ma.

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by mvyadam » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:38 pm

aikiman44 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm
Nice.
I miss my Zinex and, especially, my UTS 3000.
Agree.....just remembered I traded that Unterwasser to Shane Delaurian for that custom strap for the Zinex... :rolleyes:
Image

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by gonzomantis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:31 pm

mvyadam wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm
Looking through old pics today and found some of these, some from like 10-15 yrs ago! I remember getting some quartz Orsas on ebay directly from the guy in Canada for like $120 back in maybe 03-04?
Image
This is the Orsa I really wanted back then. Heck, I'd still buy one.

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4446
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by justsellbrgs » Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 am

Korsbek FS on WUS.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 46520
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by toxicavenger » Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 am

tmw wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 am
But there was a big falling out with them, and don’t remember what exactly happened. I do remember the 58 click bezel ploprof.

Are they even still around?
I think he is still selling watches. I like some of his pieces and they were of a decent quality. I think we he stated telling customers to pound sand they all took their money and left.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by jtbenson » Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm

i was largely over my micro phase by the time i found dwc, but early on i went through the o7-lm1, the first enzo mechana, the korsbek oceaneer, and all the kobolds and uts models (still have two of each). also still own three aegirs and just picked up my first mkii, so guess i can't really say i'm over the micro phase :lol:
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29474
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by matt.wu » Sat May 02, 2020 7:29 pm

jtbenson wrote:i was largely over my micro phase by the time i found dwc, but early on i went through the o7-lm1, the first enzo mechana, the korsbek oceaneer, and all the kobolds and uts models (still have two of each). also still own three aegirs and just picked up my first mkii, so guess i can't really say i'm over the micro phase :lol:
I like the progression you went through in the short course of this post. :lol:
:htfu:

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3347
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by tmw » Sat May 02, 2020 8:01 pm

jtbenson wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm
i was largely over my micro phase by the time i found dwc, but early on i went through the o7-lm1, the first enzo mechana, the korsbek oceaneer, and all the kobolds and uts models (still have two of each). also still own three aegirs and just picked up my first mkii, so guess i can't really say i'm over the micro phase :lol:
I think this was pretty much the path that many of us took. Maybe a shift here or there but we all have been thru many of these (I still haven’t tried aegir).
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
kempoman
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Borneo Island

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by kempoman » Sat May 02, 2020 9:41 pm

tmw wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:01 pm
jtbenson wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm
i was largely over my micro phase by the time i found dwc, but early on i went through the o7-lm1, the first enzo mechana, the korsbek oceaneer, and all the kobolds and uts models (still have two of each). also still own three aegirs and just picked up my first mkii, so guess i can't really say i'm over the micro phase :lol:
I think this was pretty much the path that many of us took. Maybe a shift here or there but we all have been thru many of these (I still haven’t tried aegir).

Hi Todd, If I remember correct you bought my first generation Dreadnought? You still own the watch, buddy?
Watch collector since 1989

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3347
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by tmw » Sun May 03, 2020 7:36 am

kempoman wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:41 pm
tmw wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:01 pm
jtbenson wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm
i was largely over my micro phase by the time i found dwc, but early on i went through the o7-lm1, the first enzo mechana, the korsbek oceaneer, and all the kobolds and uts models (still have two of each). also still own three aegirs and just picked up my first mkii, so guess i can't really say i'm over the micro phase :lol:
I think this was pretty much the path that many of us took. Maybe a shift here or there but we all have been thru many of these (I still haven’t tried aegir).

Hi Todd, If I remember correct you bought my first generation Dreadnought? You still own the watch, buddy?
Wow. Forgot that piece. Was a good one. Gone a long time ago...don’t remember who I sold it to.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
DEMO
Posts: 5261
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: The Blue Planet

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by DEMO » Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 am

Ahhhhh yes, vintage micros. I have handled or owned so many of them. I actually wish I had a few of them back that have been sold over the years. It was fun to see the history of the micro start up companies in the beginning.

I have waaaaay too many photos in my archive of micros. I'll post some of my favorites.....

Dwatch
Image
Image

Enzo Mechana
Image

Halios Puck
Image
Image

Halios Holotype (Jason's original)
Image

Zinex Trimix
Image
Image

Zinex Nitrox
Image
Image

Zenton V45
Image

Kremke Subzilla
Image

Orsa Sea Angler
Image

Ocean7 LM-7
Image

Korsbek Ocean Explorer
Image

Kenzo Nautilus
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 8730
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by aikiman44 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:51 am

A couple of those being back memories.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 2089
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by pbj204 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:55 am

Here are some of the smaller/micro brands that I've owned. There were many more, but these were all that I could find.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
9:59
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:57 am
Name: Hazzan
Location: Estockholmo Svecia.

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by 9:59 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:07 am

Image

Had some of them, not anymore……..maybee 10-15 left.

All micro´s.

Hans

User avatar
four20
Posts: 3301
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 pm
Name: erik
Location: NE of disorder

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by four20 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:36 pm
justsellbrgs wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 pm
...and should be at top - XW

He’s been gone 9 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totally. Noah was a good dude.

does aegir count? or not old enough?
Never had an Aegir, although I’d still love to.

As to Noah

D1EEF6A8-517F-4078-8B94-C75F262FA0CB.jpeg

This was Erik’s originally. It was the first Caribbean.
You still have that one? I must've been on Skype with Jake for over an hr trying different handsets

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 4420
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by Ryeguy » Fri May 15, 2020 1:17 pm

four20 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:01 pm
Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:36 pm
justsellbrgs wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 pm
...and should be at top - XW

He’s been gone 9 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totally. Noah was a good dude.

does aegir count? or not old enough?
Never had an Aegir, although I’d still love to.

As to Noah

D1EEF6A8-517F-4078-8B94-C75F262FA0CB.jpeg

This was Erik’s originally. It was the first Caribbean.
You still have that one? I must've been on Skype with Jake for over an hr trying different handsets
No, that guy is long gone.

That watch had one of the best crowns in the business with easy engagement and plenty of threads - zero issues. I think it was "Fuller-tech" or something IIRC.

User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by stonehead887 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:37 am

Woah, this Orsa is niiiice. Anyone got one for sale?? Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Selym
Posts: 2568
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Name: Myles
Location: Massive Two Shits

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by Selym » Sun May 17, 2020 8:48 pm

My father found an Orsa field watch on the ground! It was the one with the full-lume dial. It was destroyed, so I found one with a black dial to replace it.

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 2089
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: “Vintage” Micro

Post by pbj204 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:57 am

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Panerai7 and 3 guests