Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:24 pm
TSD wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:09 pm
CarloDWC wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:29 pm
CarloDWC wrote:Interesting. I have had hundreds of Seikos and only one had a bad movement... They normally run nicely and keep time, they are also easy to adjust if one knows what to do.
The accuracy on mine has wandered from -3m/d to +6m/d randomly. My watch guy felt he nailed it down, but two weeks later it blew the hair spring. Maybe that’s what was going on with it all along.

I’ll see what he says now.

I love how it looks and wears - but, it’s run like junk since I got it and I’ve heard others say that the 6R15 movement is a pretty big POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That sucks... if it was mine I would just replace the whole movement with a new one that way you have all new components. :grin: :thumbsup:
That may be next - Tbag recommended the same thing.

Assuming it’s the “C” type balance wheel, our watchmaker said those balances are causing this 6R15 issue. Seiko finally updated that movement because the old balance would get replaced and just fail again. I think the jury’s still out on whether the new 6R35 is more reliable.
argh… And, Im into this watch for ~$500 before repairs. A new movement is gonna be another +$400 plus install. There goes a bunch of fun money.

Out of the (5) new 6r35's I have sent 3 back to Seiko to fix due to movement errors.

Mike, I will send you some info to save you some cash on getting a new movement installed. The NE15 fixes all of these issues.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Re: I want a SARG009...

Post by Wario406 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:48 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:24 pm
TSD wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:09 pm
CarloDWC wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:29 pm
CarloDWC wrote:Interesting. I have had hundreds of Seikos and only one had a bad movement... They normally run nicely and keep time, they are also easy to adjust if one knows what to do.
The accuracy on mine has wandered from -3m/d to +6m/d randomly. My watch guy felt he nailed it down, but two weeks later it blew the hair spring. Maybe that’s what was going on with it all along.

I’ll see what he says now.

I love how it looks and wears - but, it’s run like junk since I got it and I’ve heard others say that the 6R15 movement is a pretty big POS.

That sucks... if it was mine I would just replace the whole movement with a new one that way you have all new components. :grin: :thumbsup:
That may be next - Tbag recommended the same thing.

Assuming it’s the “C” type balance wheel, our watchmaker said those balances are causing this 6R15 issue. Seiko finally updated that movement because the old balance would get replaced and just fail again. I think the jury’s still out on whether the new 6R35 is more reliable.
argh… And, Im into this watch for ~$500 before repairs. A new movement is gonna be another +$400 plus install. There goes a bunch of fun money.

Out of the (5) new 6r35's I have sent 3 back to Seiko to fix due to movement errors.

Mike, I will send you some info to save you some cash on getting a new movement installed. The NE15 fixes all of these issues.
Thanks T-Dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

Wario406

I want a SARG009...

Post by Wario406 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:44 pm

I sent my SARG009 in to mother Seiko-$285 gets me a complete rebuild and new seals. I’ll update as things thing progress.

I’ll have more into it than it’s worth after this - but it’s a sharp and unique sports watch if it can keep time.

Dr. Seuss

Wario406

I want a SARG009...

Post by Wario406 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:12 pm

It’s home from the spa. Momma Seiko sent it back and I’m thinking that it didn’t cost this much new!!!

I really do love this face.

Dr. Seuss

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:19 pm

Nice! Enjoy it dude.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:15 am

I hope it's running great now!

By the way, how long did they have it for? They've had mine for two weeks, and the web site still shows "Your watch/clock is in our repair shop and will be assigned to a technician soon".

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:31 am

Selym wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:15 am
I hope it's running great now!

By the way, how long did they have it for? They've had mine for two weeks, and the web site still shows "Your watch/clock is in our repair shop and will be assigned to a technician soon".
It's running spot on. I think they swapped out the movement.

The timeline was just over two weeks round trip and it was assigned a tech within three days of receipt and repairs completed a couple of days after that. Overall I'm very happy with the entire experience including the price.

Now that it's running the way it should, I need to decide if I'm gonna keep it. It's got the original bracelet, box, and manuals (in Japanese) and is a pretty cool piece.
Dr. Seuss