New GS Eagle LE

Discussion of Seiko watches
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

New GS Eagle LE

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Grand Seiko just released a new watch, the SBGE263 Eagle. This new watch features a brown spiral-pattern dial with a two-tone inner bezel corresponding to the GMT complication. It's powered, naturally, by a 9R66 spring drive GMT movement, so exceptional accuracy is guaranteed. The bezel is a darker brown ceramic, while the 40.5mm case is stainless steel. As you'd expect from this case, it's still water resistant to 200 meters, so it'll be a great choice not just for world travelers (relatively rare at the moment) but also for people who want to wear it in a marine environment.

This US-exclusive is a very limited edition of just 110 pieces and it's priced at $6,700 USD.

The SBGE263 is not only a new model tied into the 60th Anniversary (formerly an overwhelmingly blue collection, so brown is an interesting departure), but also the introduction of the GS9 Grand Seiko fan club in the United States.

Here's a link to our pre-order page if you want one.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Re: New GS Eagle LE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 pm

What is the design philosophy / advantage of having the rehaut not divide equally? On the Eagle above the lower rehaut the gold glass below the equator.
Thanks

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Really cool looking.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:38 am

rockmastermike wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 pm
What is the design philosophy / advantage of having the rehaut not divide equally? On the Eagle above the lower rehaut the gold glass below the equator.
Thanks
My Alpina is kind of like this. They call it a “business timer” so the “day” section starts at 9 AM and runs through 5 PM. It is helpful when traveling overseas and you want to quickly check if you can call a colleague at home with a question.
0F472A9F-1180-4B5A-9213-B21D06A1AA42.jpeg
I think in this Seiko’s case, however, they just didn’t want the rehaut color split to distract from the 3 and 9 marker :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:52 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:38 am

My Alpina is kind of like this. They call it a “business timer” so the “day” section starts at 9 AM and runs through 5 PM. It is helpful when traveling overseas and you want to quickly check if you can call a colleague at home with a question.

I think in this Seiko’s case, however, they just didn’t want the rehaut color split to distract from the 3 and 9 marker :shrug:
Business timer on the Alpina is a great idea

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:57 am

Nice looking GS...

TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am

rockmastermike wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 pm
Thanks
My guess is that it's aesthetic. This initially debuted a model with a bifurcated day/night GMT bezel, and this would have prevented bisecting numerals on the ceramic. With this chapter ring, this is much less pronounced though, so I'm not sure if this is true or if the design basically was sufficiently popular to get brought to models where the reasoning is no longer present.