Another COMSUBIN Version

A place to discuss vintage watches.
namor
Name: Seth

Another COMSUBIN Version

Post by namor » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:31 am

There have been several different Comsubin logo'd watches made recently, but on the vintage side they seem limited to the DPW variety of Breitling quartz Colt rebrands. These are almost never actual issue watches, but rather are branded that way and provide a royalty to the unit. As it turns out, there were also a small number of all steel, sterile Breitling divers, with automatic movements, made in the '90s. I came across one that is essentially NOS, and couldn't resist.
11com.jpg
As you can see, it has no maker logo at all, just the Comsubin insignia at 12 and "COMSUBIN" at 6. The caseback is similarly sterile on the outside. On the inside, it reveals the Swiss built case and movement are "Breitling".
12com.jpg
Its about 38mm, sapphire crystal, steel unidirectional 60 click bezel with aluminum insert, black PVD coated, with screw down guarded crown. Despite its age, the trit hands and dial plots glow well through the light. Its keeping excellent time, about -5 secs a day vs NIST. Its really solid and well made. It was probably a full sized 200M diver when they first came out, although its a little small by today's standards. It wears well, and I can't think of another 38mm diver that delivers this much value. I was never a Comsubin diver, and I usually don't like to wear a logo if I didn't earn it, but this is such a nice watch I have to make an exception!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Re: Another COMSUBIN Version

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:03 am

Nice find!
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Damn - that is friggin awesome!!!
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:25 pm

Very cool Seth, congrats!

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:38 pm

killer! I think I bought another version of this from steve a few years ago. cool watches

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:26 am

That is excellent!