New strap for my Hanhart 417

A place to discuss vintage watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

New strap for my Hanhart 417

Post by River Rat » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:42 am

Been thinking of getting a bund type strap like Steve McQueen had on his. Saw this one that looked similar to it. So, ordered one from Joseph Bonnie a company in France their customer service was great. It has the vintage style with stitching that some strap makers skip and not thick leather that was never used in the 1960's so thought this would be more original and a dissent well-made buckle.
Well, made and fits the watch great. Almost look like the original straps in Konrads book.

abuemily
Name: Michael

Re: New strap for my Hanhart 417

Post by abuemily » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:11 pm

Looks great, Mike. Always loved the Bund straps.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:24 pm

I’m not usually a Bund fan, but this one looks great. The leather has a perfect vintage look without looking like it’s going to fall apart.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:34 pm

looking good, Mike! :thumbsup:

here's the McQueen Hanhart pic

_img.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:51 pm

This photo cooler

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:51 am

I am old but I remember the last movie Steve McQueen made was in San Diego when I saw it just out of navy boot camp it was Tom Horn who was a lawman, detective, gun for hire in the Wild West he was hung for a murder at the end of the movie not a bad movie. Who else is old enough to have seen a Steve McQueen movie at the movie theater when he was still making movies. He had these Indian good luck charms he held in his hand when he got hung and when he dropped in the gallows those charms dropped on the gallows wooden floor, they used a water activated gallows. Clip of the movie some to this day say the original Tom Horn was innocent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEup61jsTq8

AranaWhite
Name: Cameron

Post by AranaWhite » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:00 pm

River Rat wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:42 am
Been thinking of getting a bund type strap like Steve McQueen had on his. Saw this one that looked similar to it. So, ordered one from Joseph Bonnie a company in France their customer service was great. It has the vintage style with stitching that some strap makers skip and not thick leather that was never used in the 1960's so thought this would be more original and a dissent well-made buckle.
Well, made and fits the watch great. Almost look like the original straps in Konrads book.
That strap looks very well made. It sure has the vintage feel down, it could be mistaken as authentic; especially saddled with that 417. These coin edge bezels were off-putting to me not too long ago, seeing this original adds to my shifting perspective; that's a great piece, Mr. Rat. He was cool too, a man's man for sure. That was a great pick on the strap, well done Sir., and thanks for the clip, I don't know what's streaming, but I know our library orders the older gems.