What about the Fitbit?

Where did you get that man purse?
CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

What about the Fitbit?

Post by CarloDWC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct place but I wanted to ask for some suggestion or maybe data from the wise member of the forum... :grin:

My wife mentioned that for her birthday she would like a fitbit or something similar to use when exercising. She is mostly interested in knowing her heart rate and the distance she is walking/running. Does not use a smart phone and would prefer a standalone unit but I admit that I don't know much about these things. I briefly read some data about this and found an interesting unit Garmin Forrunner 35. But I have really no idea if this is good, bad or what. :scratch:

Keeping in mind that all is needed are these basic option like heart rate and distance (GPS) does anyone here have the data on which basic model could be looked up? Any suggestion of an affordable and basic model that is not too large and does not need smart phone access would be very helpful. :grin:

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Re: What about the Fitbit?

Post by TLgdeL » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pm

I have the Charge 3 and wear it daily. I may upgrade to the Charge 4 only because it has built in GPS. I need my phone with me if I want to track a run/walk/bike now. Has all your other basic functions like heartrate, steps, etc. Applewatch definitely has more functions, and better integration but I'm not an Apple guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Image Image

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:24 pm

My wife is a runner and Fitbit wearer for years.
Until recently. she had a model, I’ll have to ask and see which one, and it stopped working with her iPhone- transferring her data. She waited like 6 months and they never patched it.
Then she got another model, same thing. Stopped working with her iPhone again. No customer service and she was frustrated.
If she has an iPhone and wants to transfer data back and forth skip the Fitbit.

She’s now looking at garmin.

I had a tactix bravo and it worked great. Sold it because it was too big.

She’s now looking at a Garmin forerunner I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Got my daughter who’s a marathoner a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ a couple years ago. It’s pretty basic but should do everything that your wife needs and it’s less than $60 on Amazon.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Does fitbit still make the one that is shaped like an egg and vibrates? Asking for a friend.

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Thank you very much for the help guys, I will check these out with her. :thumbsup: :grin:

I wish there was one where one can simply look at the data on the watch itself without having to download etc. Basic and simple... :lol: Will look at bit more.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:13 pm

CarloDWC wrote:Thank you very much for the help guys, I will check these out with her. :thumbsup: :grin:

I wish there was one where one can simply look at the data on the watch itself without having to download etc. Basic and simple... :lol: Will look at bit more.
They still have those. Not sure if model but they have a basic Fitbit and Garmin has one too.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:30 am

The Charge does that. Data on the screen can be adjusted to view steps, heart rate or whatever. If she runs/walks it shows elapsed time, heart rate and distance. Quite a few different settings actually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Image Image

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

Cool, good to know. Totally new field for me... :shrug: