Re.OfferUp

Get your nerd on.
AZpops
Name: Lance

Re.OfferUp

Post by AZpops » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:05 am

Hey guys,

I'd like to sell a few things on the site OfferUp. I sent them an email a few days ago, and haven't received a reply. It seems to post anything for sale, you have to download their app. I don't use a smartphone, so am I able to download the app to be used on my laptop? Or am I SOL without a smartphone?

Thanks.
Lance

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Re.OfferUp

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:56 am

Okay so I’ve seen the commercials but I’m not familiar with offer up.
I did spend about 10 minutes looking it up and no, you can’t post things from the website for sale and you do need a smartphone to do it, and also have to upload your drivers license to use it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:03 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:56 am
I did spend about 10 minutes looking it up and no, you can’t post things from the website for sale and you do need a smartphone to do it, and also have to upload your drivers license to use it as well.

Thanks, Don. I did a search in YouTube, and found one vid on how to use OfferUp on a PC. But it looks complicated. So yeah, I guess I'm SOL.

Thanks again!
Last edited by AZpops on Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lance

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:25 am

AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I did a search in YouTube, and found one vid on how to use OfferUp on a PC. But it looks complicated. So yeah, I guess I'm SOL.

Thanks again!
Yeah you have to use a mobile emulator and from what I have read that they don’t seem to work well with the site currently.
If you don’t want to or have a need for a smartphone, maybe think about getting an iPad at some point.
You can get them preowned and would only really need a base model with like 128gb of storage, and not only can you download offer up, but other apps and such you may want to use in future. They work at home or anywhere you can get WiFi, there’s no monthly subscription etc.
just something to ponder I guess.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:38 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:25 am
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I did a search in YouTube, and found one vid on how to use OfferUp on a PC. But it looks complicated. So yeah, I guess I'm SOL.

Thanks again!
Yeah you have to use a mobile emulator and from what I have read that they don’t seem to work well with the site currently.
If you don’t want to or have a need for a smartphone, maybe think about getting an iPad at some point.
You can get them preowned and would only really need a base model with like 128gb of storage, and not only can you download offer up, but other apps and such you may want to use in future. They work at home or anywhere you can get WiFi, there’s no monthly subscription etc.

Thanks. I just have a few things I wanted to sell, instead of taking them with me. It would be just another box to store. Appreciate the help/suggestion/s. ... :cheers:
Lance

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:11 am

OfferUp is great but yeah the app is the only way to go.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:31 pm

r.palace wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:11 am
OfferUp is great but yeah the app is the only way to go.
Yeah, from what I've been told, it's a great place to sell stuff. I have a friend who sells a lot of stuff on this site. I plan on hitting him up tomorrow. Ask him if he want's to work with me selling what I have.
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:50 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Don. Still thinking about it, Is this an iPad you're suggesting: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Space-Newe ... 168&sr=8-8

Might be worth it, as I figured how many things I have to sell. Might pay for it's self. I'm so behind with this technology stuff! ... :oops:

Could I use a TAB A tablet (like the one I have)?

However, either way. I would be lost on how to start. Like taking photos, then attaching it to an email, or a post in OfferUp. I am watching a few how to YouTube vids.

In addition, I use Malwarebytes on my both laptops. I installed it on my TAB A, an it keeps failing (?). So I just leave it alone since I don't use it for my emails, banking, etc.. However, I'll need some protection if using for OfferUp, right?

Thanks!
Lance

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 am

AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Don. Still thinking about it, Is this an iPad you're suggesting: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Space-Newe ... 168&sr=8-8

Might be worth it, as I figured how many things I have to sell. Might pay for it's self. I'm so behind with this technology stuff! ... :oops:

However, either way. I would be lost on how to start. Like taking photos, then attaching it to an email, or a post in OfferUp. I am watching a few how to YouTube vids.

In addition, I use Malwarebytes on my both laptops. I installed it on my TAB A, an it keeps failing (?). So I just leave it alone since I don't use it for my emails, banking, etc.. However, I'll need some protection if using for OfferUp, right?

Thanks!
You don’t need antivirus when using OfferUp.

If your tablet takes pictures you’re good with that. The OfferUp interface walks you through the process of posting I.e. - 1st screen is the title, second screen is photos where you choose to take the photo right then and there with your device or you can choose a photo from your “library” of photos you’ve already taken. Third screen is a description of the item, fourth screen is a price. You just follow the steps on the screen and click next until you’ve completed all of them and post the item.
ImageImage

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 am

r.palace wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 am
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks!

If your tablet takes pictures you’re good with that. The OfferUp interface walks you through the process of posting I.e. - 1st screen is the title, second screen is photos where you choose to take the photo right then and there with your device or you can choose a photo from your “library” of photos you’ve already taken. Third screen is a description of the item, fourth screen is a price. You just follow the steps on the screen and click next until you’ve completed all of them and post the item.

Thanks for the detailed advise/instruction! So, email is not involved within the process, ie. buyer/s contacting you with an offer and such? One thing great about the TAB-A is it uses a phone line (Verizon). So no need to be next to my Verizon Hot Spot devise.

Thanks! ... :cheers:
Lance

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:38 am

AZpops wrote:
r.palace wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed advise/instruction! So, email is not involved within the process, ie. buyer/s contacting you with an offer and such? One thing great about the TAB-A is it uses a phone line (Verizon). So no need to be next to my Verizon Hot Spot devise.

You need an email to sign up but the messaging can all be done on the app. Messages may also be sent to your email AND app. You change that setting.
ImageImage

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:14 am

r.palace wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:38 am
AZpops wrote:
r.palace wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks!

You need an email to sign up but the messaging can all be done on the app. Messages may also be sent to your email AND app. You change that setting.

That's great. I can isolate/read my email/s on my laptop, and still be able to respond on my TAB-A.

Thanks again!
Lance

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:30 am

AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks!
If your Tab A works, go for it.
As far an iPad, I would spend a little more and go for something newer.
This should get updates for a few more years, has a fantastic camera and good battery life. Seeing as you won’t be doing much more than taking photos and having a few apps, 64gb should be more than enough.
You get it, set it up, download offer app, take your pics and then use offer up app to do your listings. Everything can be done from the iPad.

Apple iPad (9th Generation): with A13 Bionic chip, 10.2-inch Retina Display, 64GB, Wi-Fi, 12MP front/8MP Back Camera, Touch ID, All-Day Battery Life – Silver https://a.co/d/6DcNkuC

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:38 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:30 am
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks!
If your Tab A works, go for it.
As far an iPad, I would spend a little more and go for something newer.
This should get updates for a few more years, has a fantastic camera and good battery life. Seeing as you won’t be doing much more than taking photos and having a few apps, 64gb should be more than enough.
You get it, set it up, download offer app, take your pics and then use offer up app to do your listings. Everything can be done from the iPad.

Apple iPad (9th Generation): with A13 Bionic chip, 10.2-inch Retina Display, 64GB, Wi-Fi, 12MP front/8MP Back Camera, Touch ID, All-Day Battery Life – Silver https://a.co/d/6DcNkuC

Thanks for the link. Glad I got you guys for the help! ... :cheers:
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 am

Well, tried downloading the ap from my TAB-A. Notes; your devise isn't compatible with this version. Bummers.
Lance