Can’t See Images While Abroad

Get your nerd on.
abuemily
Name: Michael

Post by abuemily » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 am

Here’s a poser for some of you more technically minded: I’ve been out of the U.S. since June, traveling back and forth from Turkey to the Magic Kingdom. Ever since I got out here I haven’t been able to see some (maybe a bit more than half) of images posted on the forum; WRUW, new watches, etc.. It doesn’t matter if I use a browser or Tapatalk. Either the post will be blank (except for text), or I will only see the word “image,” or that funky split gray icon that represents an image. This happen to anyone else while traveling, or anyone have a similar experience?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Can’t See Images While Abroad

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am

Safe travels.

It shouldn’t matter if you became a broad, everything should work the same. I hope everything heals well!

abuemily

Post by abuemily » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 am

Ed, I knew I could count on you for a seasoned, rational reason for all this. I mean, how can I buy some of your shit if I can’t see the photos? Oh wait, they aren’t up long enough anyway. :o

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

abuemily wrote:Ed, I knew I could count on you for a seasoned, rational reason for all this. I mean, how can I buy some of your shit if I can’t see the photos? Oh wait, they aren’t up long enough anyway. :o
All true my friend. :grin:

Seriously though, it’s likely that some of the images are hosted rather than uploaded to Tapatalk, so you’re seeing one type or the other. Likely the hosted images aren’t showing. I get this too at times, but more often when at work where I suspect their filters/firewall block certain stuff.

abuemily

Post by abuemily » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am

That would make sense. Annoying as f**k however.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
Safe travels.

It shouldn’t matter if you became a broad, everything should work the same. I hope everything heals well!
I clicked on this thread just to say this. Not disappointed to see it already said. :lol:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 am

I know that in the corner of the Empty Quarter I was in, it was most likely heavy handed, inept Internet filtering and blockage.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”