Anyone get the S10?

Get your nerd on.
ikkoku
Stink Eye Extraordinaire

Anyone get the S10?

Post by ikkoku » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 am

Specs look pretty good. Price however....

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: Anyone get the S10?

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:24 am

Nah I'm over Samsung. Too bloated with garbage and that bixby button is dreadful and not remappable yet again from what I hear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Anyone get the S10?

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:38 am

ericf4 wrote:Nah I'm over Samsung. Too bloated with garbage and that bixby button is dreadful and not remappable yet again from what I hear.

I heard it was remappable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 am

Bixby button is remappable to other functions. Samsung pushed out an update last year to be able to turn it off on all devices

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 am

tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:Nah I'm over Samsung. Too bloated with garbage and that bixby button is dreadful and not remappable yet again from what I hear.

I heard it was remappable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Weird I read it wasnt

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:07 am

Panerai7 wrote:Bixby button is remappable to other functions. Samsung pushed out an update last year to be able to turn it off on all devices
Turning it off isn't the same as being able to launch the camera etc. Can you now do that?

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:25 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:07 am
Panerai7 wrote:Bixby button is remappable to other functions. Samsung pushed out an update last year to be able to turn it off on all devices
Turning it off isn't the same as being able to launch the camera etc. Can you now do that?

Yes, it's remapabble. And the camera shortcut is already mapped to Power button double-tap.
The in-screen finger print is brilliant on top of face detect.
I'm excited, should be here by March 8. Samsung is throwing in wireless ear buds.

Reverse charge is cool, you can charge other devices including wireless ear buds, smart watches, other phones.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:08 am

i was a samsung fan. just wish they would ditch all the bloat etc....they make great devices for sure...Using pixel 3xl now and now sure id deviate as the experience has been fantastic so far

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 am

I am less than happy with the on screen burn-in on my Note8 (you can clearly see the keyboard on a white background). I'll be looking elsewhere in the future

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:35 am

four20 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 am
I am less than happy with the on screen burn-in on my Note8 (you can clearly see the keyboard on a white background). I'll be looking elsewhere in the futureImage

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
Similar thing happened to my Galaxy from the weather widget on the home screen. As Eric mentioned, the bloat also annoyed me - the phone came with so much crap pre-installed that was a pain to remove. Using a Google Pixel now and am very pleased.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:39 am

the idea of reverse charge is a gimmick....i can never see a situation where a person would willfully sacrifice what precious battery they have to charge someone elses phone....I will say that IM happy to see samsung starting to loosen up on a few items to allow people to customize their OS skin. TouchWiz sort of ruined me forever....looks like their new One skin is far better.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:47 pm

I like it. Apparently the new update that comes with it is a massive upgrade in ease of use. I guess the S9 got the same update. My wife has an S9 and so far she doesn’t like the change.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:39 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:39 am
the idea of reverse charge is a gimmick....i can never see a situation where a person would willfully sacrifice what precious battery they have to charge someone elses phone....I will say that IM happy to see samsung starting to loosen up on a few items to allow people to customize their OS skin. TouchWiz sort of ruined me forever....looks like their new One skin is far better.
Well, it's convenient to recharge dead wireless headphones. By the way they're great looking can't wait to get mine. All in-ear unlike apple that looks like regular headphones with sticks coming out of ears and someone just cut the wires.
Also sometimes you need to help someone out with some juice. For instance on one of our trips to Europe my girl's phone died because she used it a lot. She had to call her dad so he can pick us up at the airport at the right terminal. Well her phone was dead and she didn't remember the number by heart. I didn't have the number. Outlets are different over there, so we ran around looking for USB charge station to get some juice to charge her phone up so she could call her dad. Of course most of them were occupied. Anyway would be nice to let her charge up her phone a little. Especially with 10+ the battery is 4100mah