amckiwi wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:43 pm
90F7F1F9-AAE3-408F-A676-E0B0772D3E98.jpeg
:think: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Re: Any regrets from Cord Cutters?

Post by Mr_Pacman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:02 pm

I have a netflix account and an antenna on the back of my TV that gets me 6 local channels, although I can't remember the last time I watched any of the local channels.

The only time my wife and I watch TV is when we are working out in the basement each night. However, I recently discovered podcasts, so I've been listening to those vs watching the tv. I could probably cancel Netflix and not even miss it, but it's nice to have access to a kids movie for the family to watch together on a weekend.

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Long time Directv that finally cut it after the NFL season. I already had appletvs on each tv.

I had a local guy come out and put antenna outside where the dish was and have locals via antenna if needed.

I have tried YouTube and Hulu so far. We had the Hulu (non-live)/Disney +/ESPN+ bundled.

It probably makes the most sense to continue on the Hulu live + bundle. I am not that crazy about Hulu interface or picture.
It is an adjustment and I don’t think my wife has yet to watch tv unless I turn/tune it on.

I am paying much less than before and it is refreshing having options. However, I think cost as risen and spectrum internet/tv bundle might be better now.

The perfect setup for me would be if ESPN could be gotten stand alone.

ESPN streaming
Locals via antenna
Hulu (non-live) for on demand

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:03 pm

gamecock111 wrote:Long time Directv that finally cut it after the NFL season. I already had appletvs on each tv.

I had a local guy come out and put antenna outside where the dish was and have locals via antenna if needed.

I have tried YouTube and Hulu so far. We had the Hulu (non-live)/Disney +/ESPN+ bundled.

It probably makes the most sense to continue on the Hulu live + bundle. I am not that crazy about Hulu interface or picture.
It is an adjustment and I don’t think my wife has yet to watch tv unless I turn/tune it on.

I am paying much less than before and it is refreshing having options. However, I think cost as risen and spectrum internet/tv bundle might be better now.

ESPN streaming
Locals via antenna
If you’re a Verizon cell customer check out the package they have available to unlimited plan subscribers. I get Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Discovery+ included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:14 pm

Captdave wrote:
gamecock111 wrote:Long time Directv that finally cut it after the NFL season. I already had appletvs on each tv.

ESPN streaming
Locals via antenna
If you’re a Verizon cell customer check out the package they have available to unlimited plan subscribers. I get Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Discovery+ included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are At&T, they throw in HBO Max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Between Amazon prime and Netflix, I'm completely happy. Considering I rarely watch any TV, I'm thinking Netflix needs to go!
Stephen

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm

flyskate wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:51 pm
Between Amazon prime and Netflix, I'm completely happy. Considering I rarely watch any TV, I'm thinking Netflix needs to go!
I have both and rarely watch either. What little time I do spend watching TV, it's usually YouTube :shrug:

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Wife was/is a tv watcher, but was 100000% behind cutting the cord. We have had Apple TV’s since day 1, and have the following subscriptions to cover all bases:

Netflix
Amazon Prime
HBO Max
Disney + (bought 3-year intro package)
Hulu (included with Sprint/Military plan)
Peacock

And a few others that she uses shared logins with friends.

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Finally cutting the cord, including the cord for Internet. Ordered T-Mobile 5g Home Internet to replace Comcast Internet and TV, which is at the end of its contract. It won't have gig speed, but should be fast enough. I have Mint Mobile cell service, which uses the T-Mobile network, and I get upwards of 180 mbps on my 5g phone. Would've preferred the faster speeds of Verizon 5g Internet, but it wasn't available at my address. T-Mobile offers a discounted price on YouTube TV and over the weekend, I bought the Black Friday special on basic Hulu, 99 cents a month for 12 months. The whole deal should save me $50 a month and I won't have to endure any more Comcast outages
No, it's not Tourettes.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 pm

ChuckW wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:43 pm
Finally cutting the cord, including the cord for Internet. Ordered T-Mobile 5g Home Internet to replace Comcast Internet and TV, which is at the end of its contract. It won't have gig speed, but should be fast enough. I have Mint Mobile cell service, which uses the T-Mobile network, and I get upwards of 180 mbps on my 5g phone. Would've preferred the faster speeds of Verizon 5g Internet, but it wasn't available at my address. T-Mobile offers a discounted price on YouTube TV and over the weekend, I bought the Black Friday special on basic Hulu, 99 cents a month for 12 months. The whole deal should save me $50 a month and I won't have to endure any more Comcast outages
Chuck...I dislike Comcast as much as anyone. I'd be curious to see how well your new setup works. I just got my bill lowered and it actually bumped me up a tier to 600 mbps (just got the gateway and haven't swapped yet). We're running a PC, tablet, phones and do 4K streaming a lot. Just on the cautious side of changing, especially for the PC and streaming.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:41 pm

I've been spending more time on Pluto TV (free w/ad's on Roku) than just about anything else right now. They have a really cool 70's channel that has been airing The Warrior's, and the The Asylum channel that plays horrible 90's-00's B movies.

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:24 pm

BlueSky wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 pm
ChuckW wrote:
Chuck...I dislike Comcast as much as anyone. I'd be curious to see how well your new setup works. I just got my bill lowered and it actually bumped me up a tier to 600 mbps (just got the gateway and haven't swapped yet). We're running a PC, tablet, phones and do 4K streaming a lot. Just on the cautious side of changing, especially for the PC and streaming.
I got the T-Mobile 5g gateway and after a few days, I canceled my Comcast service. I've been getting speeds in the 150-250 mbps range, which is perfectly fine for my usage. I'm pretty sure that the Verizon 5g would have been faster had it been available. I got a couple of the newer Chromecast streaming devices w/ voice command, which have been on sale, to replace the rather aged Roku 3s. I find the interface of Youtube TV to be less fulled featured than Comcast's, but considering the savings, I'm OK with it.
No, it's not Tourettes.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:41 am

ChuckW wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:24 pm
BlueSky wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 pm
ChuckW wrote:
I got the T-Mobile 5g gateway and after a few days, I canceled my Comcast service. I've been getting speeds in the 150-250 mbps range, which is perfectly fine for my usage. I'm pretty sure that the Verizon 5g would have been faster had it been available. I got a couple of the newer Chromecast streaming devices w/ voice command, which have been on sale, to replace the rather aged Roku 3s. I find the interface of Youtube TV to be less fulled featured than Comcast's, but considering the savings, I'm OK with it.
Good deal...If not for my wife, I could expunge most of these BS channels we're paying for with Comcast. After the holidays, I'm going to explore some options. Seems there's always a catch though.