New G-Squad

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

New G-Squad

Post by andrema » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 am

Casio has come out with a new line of G-Shocks...G-Squad. I am on the fence on these... :shrug:

https://world.g-shock.com/asia-mea/en/p ... gbd-h1000/

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Re: New G-Squad

Post by jeckyll » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am

I won't wear a watch that needs to be charged every couple of days. The look of them is actually OK, just not what I personally use a g-shock for :)
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 pm

I like the look, but at 63mm and lacking GPS, text display, weather data, etc..., Garmin blows it away. Even Garmin’s basic g-shock copy (the Instinct) has those basic attributes.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 pm

deepcdvr wrote:I like the look, but at 63mm and lacking GPS, text display, weather data, etc..., Garmin blows it away. Even Garmin’s basic g-shock copy (the Instinct) has those basic attributes.

^
What he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 pm

looks like a g - squat!

mechnut
Name: Roger

Post by mechnut » Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 pm
I like the look, but at 63mm and lacking GPS, text display, weather data, etc..., Garmin blows it away. Even Garmin’s basic g-shock copy (the Instinct) has those basic attributes.
jeckyll wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 am
I won't wear a watch that needs to be charged every couple of days. The look of them is actually OK, just not what I personally use a g-shock for :)
I just pre-orderd one for my son (14). His budding watch collection consists of a PADI turtle and two G-Shock Rangeman models. Unlike the Garmin, you don't need to charge it every couple days...it's solar powered; so two options for charging the lithium battery. It has GPS (and the app on your phone will give detailed tracking info), barometric and atmospheric tendency graphs with alarms, thermometer, heart rate tracking, etc. I think the display is fantastic. I had a GPR-B1000 Rangeman with the same display and it was clear and concise. As a fitness tracker, he will like it (and use it) way more than a FitBit (and it's ilk), and it's a fraction of the price of a Fenix (or similar).

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu May 14, 2020 6:02 am

jeckyll wrote:I won't wear a watch that needs to be charged every couple of days. The look of them is actually OK, just not what I personally use a g-shock for :)
I agree. This is why I won’t buy an Apple Watch. I can live with quartz, but recharging is a hard no for me.

CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

Post by CarloDWC » Thu May 14, 2020 8:25 am

Thank you for sharing. I like the looks but not the need of charging often, also why can't they put regular lugs on their watches... :banghead: I could have bought and used some of their models but the proprietary lugs/straps is impossible for me to wear. :rolleyes:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Thu May 14, 2020 5:24 pm

mechnut wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 am
deepcdvr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
I just pre-orderd one for my son (14). His budding watch collection consists of a PADI turtle and two G-Shock Rangeman models. Unlike the Garmin, you don't need to charge it every couple days...it's solar powered; so two options for charging the lithium battery. It has GPS (and the app on your phone will give detailed tracking info), barometric and atmospheric tendency graphs with alarms, thermometer, heart rate tracking, etc. I think the display is fantastic. I had a GPR-B1000 Rangeman with the same display and it was clear and concise. As a fitness tracker, he will like it (and use it) way more than a FitBit (and it's ilk), and it's a fraction of the price of a Fenix (or similar).
Wow hadn’t noticed it had GPS - game changer! Your boy’s gonna love it :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Thu May 14, 2020 5:26 pm

mechnut wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 am
deepcdvr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
How much do these cost?
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

mechnut
Name: Roger

Post by mechnut » Thu May 14, 2020 6:58 pm

The pre-order list price is 399.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk