Delugs?

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Delugs?

Post by ezcheese » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:44 pm

I’ve seen delugs straps mentioned quite a bit lately. Anybody bought their straps? They seem to have a very nice selection in several different styles and materials. How’s the quality?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

r.palace

Re: Delugs?

Post by r.palace » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:21 pm

Good quality for the price. They’re a bit thinner/narrower than I like and look a bit out of place on my watches specifically but that’s their aesthetic.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:26 pm

Yeah it looks like they focus on thinner designs. Hell I’ll have to give them a go. The hard part will be figuring out the style and color. I like that they have a lot that are ready to ship, and that you can select from 3 different lengths. I read that they come from Singapore via DHL.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:08 am

This is the Olive Green Minerva Box Signature Strap. Great color and texture. Very nicely made as well.

https://delugs.com/collections/ready-st ... ture-strap

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:57 pm

Nice! I ordered a dark oak crazy horse today :bananastoner:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 am

I must say, they’re off to a good start - customer service wise.
51CEDF4A-5395-4263-8091-48C280E59B4F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AranaWhite
Name: Cameron

Post by AranaWhite » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:34 pm

So you strapped up Mr. Seiko, what do you think of the Crazy Ho? Couldn’t tell from that solitary photograph. :raised: I how is the buckle with liner, stitching, and grade of leather?
I’ll check check em out this weekend. Their name deluge, as in a flood? When I heard the name I thought, they must be divers straps.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:05 pm

Forgot to circle back to this thread! They're based in Singapore, so they ship to the US via DHL. The projected delivery date was originally supposed to be today, but it actually got delivered yesterday, which was nice.

The "ready stock straps" come in 3 different lengths. I selected the longest length since my wrist is around 7.7 inches.
it's still only just long enough and I would prefer the strap to be longer so that the buckle on the underside of my wrist is more centered. But it's not bad. I am impressed with the quality of this particular strap. The buckle is quite nice and the leather and side stitching is well done.

Here's what the site says about the crazy horse leather:

Crazy Horse leather is what you get when you mix Nubuck and Pueblo into one leather. You get the velvety, soft texture of Nubuck, with the varied look, smooth surface and great patina potential of Pueblo. Crazy Horse leather will accumulate scratches with daily use, with variations in the colour tones as you put the strap through its paces. This is what makes this leather so attractive - these marks will only improve the vintage look of the strap, allowing the beauty of the leather to be the real attraction.

Combined with our Side-Stitch style, this strap is perfect if you want that vintage, casual look to dress down your timepiece. The strap is lined with Zermatt leather to keep give the strap some structure and made in 2.5mm thickness instead of our usual 2.2mm, ensuring a sturdy strap even as you go casual.

I'll add some pics to this post below:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AranaWhite

Post by AranaWhite » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:05 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:05 pm
Forgot to circle back to this thread! They're based in Singapore, so they ship to the US via DHL. The projected delivery date was originally supposed to be today, but it actually got delivered yesterday, which was nice.

The "ready stock straps" come in 3 different lengths. I selected the longest length since my wrist is around 7.7 inches.
it's still only just long enough and I would prefer the strap to be longer so that the buckle on the underside of my wrist is more centered. But it's not bad. I am impressed with the quality of this particular strap. The buckle is quite nice and the leather and side stitching is well done.

Here's what the site says about the crazy horse leather:

Crazy Horse leather is what you get when you mix Nubuck and Pueblo into one leather. You get the velvety, soft texture of Nubuck, with the varied look, smooth surface and great patina potential of Pueblo. Crazy Horse leather will accumulate scratches with daily use, with variations in the colour tones as you put the strap through its paces. This is what makes this leather so attractive - these marks will only improve the vintage look of the strap, allowing the beauty of the leather to be the real attraction.

Combined with our Side-Stitch style, this strap is perfect if you want that vintage, casual look to dress down your timepiece. The strap is lined with Zermatt leather to keep give the strap some structure and made in 2.5mm thickness instead of our usual 2.2mm, ensuring a sturdy strap even as you go casual.

I'll add some pics to this post below:

That looks the part, although it's hard to see the strap for that bangin' piece in the middle. :clap:
What a mess, their straps --yours in blue on a GS ceramic blue, led to the GMT SE ceramic blue hunt, and my day's ruined in the smoke of a pipe dream.
Thanks for the info on buckle placement and length, good stuff. You rock as always!

AranaWhite

Post by AranaWhite » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:13 pm