I like this new Pam Sub

Discussion of Panerai watches.
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

I like this new Pam Sub

Post by aikiman44 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:05 am

But at half the cost.

“Introducing: The Panerai Submersible Verde Militare 42mm (With Live Pics)” via @watchville
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Re: I like this new Pam Sub

Post by logan2z » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:14 am

It is nice looking with the matte green dial. $8700 with an in-house caliber...

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:35 am

I like it a lot but would have to sell off a few to get it and being limited it would be gone by then.
#firstworldproblems

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:47 am

Dig it a lot. Looks good on the green rubber, would look great on a brown or olive leather strap.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Timmer1

Post by Timmer1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:35 pm

I also really like this Submersible but I’m not 100% sold on the movement. When this first came to market the movement was an outsourced caliber they claim was made only for Panerai. There was a lot of back lash from the fans at which Panerai then changed the movement caliber to P.900. From what I understand this movement was created for the Due line which is not a sports watch. The movement is truly the only reason I have not pulled the trigger.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:49 pm

If I didn’t have my 973, I’d get it
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:45 pm

Timmer1 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:35 pm
I also really like this Submersible but I’m not 100% sold on the movement. When this first came to market the movement was an outsourced caliber they claim was made only for Panerai. There was a lot of back lash from the fans at which Panerai then changed the movement caliber to P.900. From what I understand this movement was created for the Due line which is not a sports watch. The movement is truly the only reason I have not pulled the trigger.
Welcome!
Pop on in and introduce yourself.
Greg

Timmer1

Post by Timmer1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:21 pm

DoctorC wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:45 pm
Timmer1 wrote:
Welcome!
Thanks for the greetings, I am obviously new to this forum. I wanted to get into Panerai conversations and this site was rated a good place for PAMs. I have been on Rolex Forum for a few years but am trying to branch out. I have been a huge fan of Panerai but never purchased one yet, but my next watch will be. I have been really eyeing the PAM1056, I want a green dial. I have become big on the history of the brand/model, my current collection is Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono, black Rolex SubC Date, and blue stainless steel Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I save up each year for my “watch fund” and read and watch videos until I can’t wait any longer to buy. Once I find a watch I really like and would buy my obsession takes over and I read everything I can online. Hope my first post did not come off as a jerk.
Last edited by Timmer1 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:27 pm

looks like all the other pams

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Timmer1 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:21 pm
DoctorC wrote:
Timmer1 wrote:
Welcome!
Thanks for the greetings, I am obviously new to this forum. I wanted to get into Panerai conversations and this site was rated a good place for PAMs. I have been on Rolex Forum for a few years but am trying to branch out. I have been a huge fan of Panerai but never purchased one yet, but my next watch will be. I have been really eyeing the PAM1056, I want a green dial. I have become big on the history of the brand/model, my current collection is Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono, black Rolex SubC Date, and blue stainless steel Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I save up each year for my “watch fund” and read and watch videos until I can’t wait any longer to buy. Once I find a watch I really like and would buy my obsession takes over and I read everything I can online. Hope my first post did not come off as a jerk.
Read through this post

https://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/ ... 53&t=73046
Greg

Timmer1

Post by Timmer1 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:56 pm

DoctorC wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:57 pm
Timmer1 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:21 pm
DoctorC wrote:
Timmer1 wrote:
Welcome!
Read through this post

https://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/ ... 53&t=73046
That is a very interesting article and kind of shocking. I am glad you sent the link but man…it leaves me speechless and disappointed. Here is a brand that I like[d] the look and loved the history.