Stupid pet tricks - Seamaster Edition

Discussion of Omega watches.
Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Stupid pet tricks - Seamaster Edition

Post by Henryj » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:44 pm

Some of you know I got a brand new Seamaster Pro as my more or less retirement/exit/etc. watch. I also mentioned the bezel was near useless because it was so tight as to be about impossible to turn. A lot of folks have this complaint about the scalloped edge bezel. So, I took it to the nearest AD and asked their watchmaker to see about freeing up the bezel. “Come back in a week, see what we can do.”

I picked it up today. Sales guy who brought it out from the back tells me the watchmaker says it’s fine and he turns it with no problem. I try it and same problem as before, almost impossible to turn. I get home and try to see what the hell is going on. I’m sitting on the couch and Max comes over and licks my fingers looking for attention.

Here’s Max
IMG_1452.jpeg
I tried the bezel again, with moistened finger tips courtesy of Max, and it turns easily. Took a look at my hands and my old guy fingertips are worn smooth, no finger prints, no traction on the bezel. Go figure. So, if you have a Seamaster Pro and the bezel is hard to turn, get someone to lick your fingertips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Re: Stupid pet tricks - Seamaster Edition

Post by Wario406 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:00 pm

Henryj wrote:Some of you know I got a brand new Seamaster Pro as my more or less retirement/exit/etc. watch. I also mentioned the bezel was near useless because it was so tight as to be about impossible to turn. A lot of folks have this complaint about the scalloped edge bezel. So, I took it to the nearest AD and asked their watchmaker to see about freeing up the bezel. “Come back in a week, see what we can do.”

I picked it up today. Sales guy who brought it out from the back tells me the watchmaker says it’s fine and he turns it with no problem. I try it and same problem as before, almost impossible to turn. I get home and try to see what the hell is going on. I’m sitting on the couch and Max comes over and licks my fingers looking for attention.

Here’s Max
IMG_1452.jpeg
I tried the bezel again, with moistened finger tips courtesy of Max, and it turns easily. Took a look at my hands and my old guy fingertips are worn smooth, no finger prints, no traction on the bezel. Go figure. So, if you have a Seamaster Pro and the bezel is hard to turn, get someone to lick your fingertips.
My 2254.5 was the same way, tight unless I got a little more grip on it by moistening my fingers. But, still pretty tight. I think mine was extra tight because it was used and older, and spinning the bezel ( a lot of times) under running water seemed to help clear some of the gunk out. But, it still never felt “James Bond” nice, and never was even close to being on par with all my other watches with bezels.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss