Setting time diver chrono' gmt

Discussion of Omega watches.
poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Setting time diver chrono' gmt

Post by poppydog » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 am

Does anyone know how to do this? The Omega booklet is suitably confusing.

Thanks in adavance :cheers:
Regards

Steve

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: Setting time diver chrono' gmt

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:53 am

Which model?
:htfu:

poppydog
aka Nelldog

Post by poppydog » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:45 am

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:53 am
Which model?
Hey Matt, this one. I think I may have done it, but the booklet says about synchronising the hour hand with the gmt hand, and then setting to local time - not sure what that means, and why. Basically, I pulled the crown all the way out, set the time on the gmt hand, and then because I'm not travelling, set the 12-hour hand to the same time (didn't bother with date as I never do anyway).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Steve

poppydog
aka Nelldog

Post by poppydog » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 am

Should probably mention this is my "retirement watch" - my last one, I imagine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Steve

Jiman
Name: Ji

Post by Jiman » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:55 pm

If it’s anything like my JLC, the crown will still have 3 steps. First click will be to wind it. 2nd click out will be to set the date and/or GMT hand- one direction will change the date and the opposite direction will move the GMT hand. The last click is to set the hour/minute hands.

When I’m not traveling, I normally “hide” the GMT hand behind the hour hand by moving the GMT hand until it’s behind the hour hand, so you can’t see it. Obviously in your case you’d would still see it but you may or may not like that look.

Your GMT set up is also nice because it is a 24hr GMT. Those numbers between the circular indices indicate the hour in military time format so you can tell at a glance if it’s AM or PM.

Very nice looking watch BTW.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:52 pm

It’s probably more like a Rolex GMT. First crown position manually winds (duh), second adjusts main hour hand back and forth, third adjusts time.

What you described (set time first using GMT hand and minute hand) and then adjusting main hour hand is what I would expect.

Liked no quickset date (only set, bidirectionally, by moving the hour hand).
:htfu:

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 pm

matt.wu wrote:It’s probably more like a Rolex GMT. First crown position manually winds (duh), second adjusts main hour hand back and forth, third adjusts time.

What you described (set time first using GMT hand and minute hand) and then adjusting main hour hand is what I would expect.

Liked no quickset date (only set, bidirectionally, by moving the hour hand).
This is correct for this movement. Basically, make gmt hand and minute hand Match what you want it to show. Then, push crown in a notch and set the hour hand / date if you care about the date.

poppydog
aka Nelldog

Post by poppydog » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks everyone, appreciate you each taking the time. I think I've finally got it, after, of course, the school-boy error of not paying attention to the 24-hour cycle: I originally set it at just after noon (the actual time) but had set it at just after midnight :doh: :oops:

I must have either a very pedestrian way of processing things, or super over-analytical :lol:
Regards

Steve