Doxa 300 Pro Black Lung on New Doxa Rubber

Discussion of Doxa watches.
RALAustin
Name: Rob

Doxa 300 Pro Black Lung on New Doxa Rubber

Post by RALAustin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:13 am

So, I posted two pics in the WRUW thread, but thought I would post some more pics and give you my thoughts on it after an evening and morning of wear.

First off, I was intrigued with this strap combo when it came out on the carbon Doxa.  I generally like fitted straps and deployants IF the deployant is not too big and bulky (my biggest issue with the Sinn rubber strap set up).   Of course, when Doxa posted them separately for sale, the pricing was crazy ($425 plus shipping) and they were sold out, so I put it out of my mind.   However, I found one on the forums Monday for much less and jumped at it to try it out since I have the 300 Black Lung Pro and Sharkhunter.

Initial impressions are very positive, and this should be a great Fall/Winter combo for the 300s.  

Pros:

I love fitted rubber straps with deployants.  This is a really good all around one in terms of size, look and comfort.Very high quality rubber with some texture on the outside and great texture on the inside.The clasp is big, but it is very light and so far I have not encountered sharp edges, etc...This is a cut to fit strap, but the micro adjust is easy to do even while on the wrist.  I think you need to get lucky a bit because the strap cuts are fairly big, but after making cuts last night when my wrist is generally smaller, it was just a hint loose when all the way tight and this am I was able to go out one click for a bit until my wrist shrank a little, and am now back to a great fit with the extension all the way into the clasp. 
Neutral:
The side flanges are akin to the RubberB on the Deepsea, and create a bit of a cuff feel for this smaller headed watch.  Was a bit apprehensive at first, but the look and feel is growing on me, and it definitely helps with the bowing out from the wrist that was a huge issue for me for prior generations of Doxa rubber straps.     

Cons:

I am not sure if this strap was made for the newer 300t, but when you put it on the watch there is some play between the case and strap if you pull the straps in together (the bottom flange that molds to the case is perhaps for a slightly wider case watch.  The gap goes away completely on the wrist and it sits flush and perfectly, but it is a little disconcerting in terms of being secure for a dive etc...  
Comes with the territory, but I can already tell that the large clasp will be a scratch magnet.

Some pics!