Doxa...tetchy and secretive?

Discussion of Doxa watches.
snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Doxa...tetchy and secretive?

Post by snootydog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:50 am

So,why are the moderators on the WuS Doxa forum so tetchy. I found this real interesting post about Doxa Asia and at the end of page two i find its been locked. The fella who started the post had already been asked to change its title,i'm surprised the post is still there.http://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/doxa-a ... 60614.html
You Doxa owners know way more about Doxa's than i do,did you guys know of Doxa Asia? First i've heard of it yet its legit,have Doxa been keeping deliberately quiet about it?
I've wanted a Doxa for years and now the time to buying one is getting nearer,i have started reading posts here and in the WuS Doxa forum and it appears that in their WuS forum you cant criticise them for fear of deletion.....i'm not happy with that and as much as i want a Doxa,i'm begining to have second thoughts.
Andy :uj:

Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Re: Doxa...tetchy and secretive?

Post by Rambam » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 am

The moderators at WUS and Doxa as a corporation suck monkeyballs :scream: Non transferable warranties, wtf is that about? Isn`t it the excact same watch still?!
I got no love for Doxa as a corporation, their watches on the other hand :love:
Buy secondhand and give em a big ol :nutkick: :mrgreen:

Silje`s Doxa :love:

Doxa 1000T Pro by Dime a dozen, on Flickr
Honey Badger FTW!!!

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:48 am

I don't hink Doxa is being secretive about the Asian market. Other brands (Ball, Anonimo, etc) even Rolex to some extent w/Tudor have geographic specific markets....I think the Doxa Aquaman was a Doxa Asia product.... :think: You could always send a note to Doxa to inquire....

I stay clear of the heavy handed WUS Forum....Doxa sponsors it and it's their rules....

I like their watches and have found their customer service to be pretty good. They like issues to be dealt with outside of the forum.

I don't like their warranty policy but I go in with my eyes open...Buying pre-owned seems to be the best way or when they issue new product (intro price)...

I don't like everything Doxa does but I do like my Sub1000T Milshark...

Just my 2 cents....

Mike

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa

Post by demer03 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 am

Once again...the forum is NOT DOXA.....

Some of the moderators are questionable, but the company itself makes a good product, and I have never had a customer service issue.

I just ordered this Andy :grin:

Last edited by demer03 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:08 am

Maybe this needs to be a sticky:

Doxa Forum bad
Doxa company, kinda weird at times
Doxa watches great.

(I should temper this with acknowledging that they gave me a watch)
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

snootydog
Jagermaster

Post by snootydog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:16 am

I have no doubt that the watches are great. I've wanted one for so long and decided to sell all three of my Samurai's to put towards one.....it will be a used one but thats not a problem. What is giving me some concern is what appears to be Doxa's attitude to free speech on their sub forum at WuS. If what Demer says is right and its not a Doxa controlled forum,then all well and good. Like i said before,you guys know a lot more about Doxa and their watches than i do. :cheers:

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 am

Andy, most all forums are heavily censored. That's just the way it is. The DOXA forum is no different. A forum run by assholes. DOXA (sub line) is not related to the DOXA ASia market from all I've gathered. If I understand correctly, the Jenny family only resurrected the DOXA name for the sub line. It may be two completely unrelated companies for all we know. It's always been kept very hush hush. That said, why deprive yourself of a grail just because some dickheads have a dickhead forum? I can't stand the TZ Rolex forum, but I'm not about to sell off my SD and GMT. Yea, DOXA WUS is an "official" forum, but screw it, I still like the watches.

Kev.

Post by Kev. » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am

Mike - Congrats on the SR 1200 man! Will this be your first 1200 model? I'd love to have a vintage guy's opinion on the 1200. Looking forward to your thoughts and photos.

Moderation - In my opinion, the best thing Doxa could do for itself is step away from the official forum. The moderation over there is absolutely terrible. I consider myself a very sensible guy and am keenly aware of their heavy handedness when I post, still I've had a few threads deleted. That is one of the reasons I'd rather hang out here. Then again, the mass of the Doxaholics are over there. So, I mostly lurk.

The solution is easy. . . migrate over here and lets have open discussions. The watches rock. The folks who love Doxa are some of the most passionate and waterborne folks on any watch related board. Sadly, the moderation tends to take all the fun out of it.

:smack:

Kev.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Kev,

Not my first 1200, I had a Pro. I sold it because I had a chance to pick up my 300T Pro I have now. To me, the 1200T is the perfect balance, and plays well off the vintage sizes. Here is a picture of that pro next to a vintage sharky I regret selling.

snootydog
Jagermaster

Post by snootydog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Those two look great Mike. Apart from the 5000T, do all the other models have 27mm dials?

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:25 pm

The tight arses (hey, I can speak British!) that mod the Doxa forum are well documented. Don't let that spoil the fact they make a solid and very cool watch. :thumbsup:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:17 pm

snootydog wrote:Those two look great Mike. Apart from the 5000T, do all the other models have 27mm dials?
----------

both the Sub1000 and 1200's have 27MM dials...

mike

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 pm

@ Andy,

The larger sized are the 750 GMT and 5000, that are still new. Dunno about the 800.

The non GMT 750 series is larger, but I feel it is larger than I like. These are strictly preowned now.

Here is a 750 next to a 1000

snootydog
Jagermaster

Post by snootydog » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:06 am

demer03 wrote:Once again...the forum is NOT DOXA.....
Hang on a minute Mike,if the WuS Doxa forum isnt run by Doxa,how can they do this? This is part of a post about the Doxa clones and allegedly this quote is part of a statement by Doxa ......"So please refrain from further promoting DOXA clones on the official DOXA forum as this will force us to remove the posts in order to comply with eventual litigations in the future."

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:59 am

Andy,
There are things that Doxa requires and it is a vehicle for the marketing and promotion of their products, but the only problem I personally have dealt with is a WUS mod. Let me clarify my statement; my experiences with Doxa are not measured by the forum...that clearly sucks. My experience is a top notch product, good customer service, and a really cool design that pushes all my buttons.

The post you are referring to is relating to someone posting about the irrutatinum clone that is out there....I would have a problem with someone posting pictures and discussing my competitors knock offs on my channel of distribution too....

It is not a public forum for the people, by the people. It is a corporate outlet run by a third party group of volunteers.....not the best recipe...

I just wanted to express to you that I believe you should not let it color your view of the watch....you will miss out on a cool thing.

Good luck with the decision, bud....so many watches...so little time.

Mike ( theDoxawhore )

425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

Post by 425ranger » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:32 am

demer03 wrote:Andy,
There are things that Doxa requires and it is a vehicle for the marketing and promotion of their products, but the only problem I personally have dealt with is a WUS mod. Let me clarify my statement; my experiences with Doxa are not measured by the forum...that clearly sucks. My experience is a top notch product, good customer service, and a really cool design that pushes all my buttons.

The post you are referring to is relating to someone posting about the irrutatinum clone that is out there....I would have a problem with someone posting pictures and discussing my competitors knock offs on my channel of distribution too....

It is not a public forum for the people, by the people. It is a corporate outlet run by a third party group of volunteers.....not the best recipe...

I just wanted to express to you that I believe you should not let it color your view of the watch....you will miss out on a cool thing.

Good luck with the decision, bud....so many watches...so little time.

Mike ( theDoxawhore )
+1
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

snootydog
Jagermaster

Post by snootydog » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:10 am

Thats the one i really like Bill,pity they dont make the orange rubber strap for it yet. Still hoping to get a Doxa this side of Xmas,the fund is getting there slowly.