Incoming Doxa Pro

Discussion of Doxa watches.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Posts: 14542
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am
Name: Derek
Location: NC

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by ezcheese » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:22 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:03 pm
mattcantwin wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:00 am
The version I should have kept.

Image
Wow :shock:
:1:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 9023
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Chocodove » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm

Yeah, I miss mine (went to Brice).

Image
- Todd

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm
Yeah, I miss mine (went to Brice).

Image
This place is a bit incestuous

To be fair, though, we should start a “six degrees of separation” thread for Brice ;)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 28914
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir
Location: Ohio

Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by BBK357 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:31 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm
Yeah, I miss mine (went to Brice).

Image
This place is a bit incestuous

To be fair, though, we should start a “six degrees of separation” thread for Brice ;)
Not sure where mine went. But I think I paid $1800… maybe a little more when I preordered the limited of 500. Now they are like 3k or something? Crazy. But yes the black dial and all white hands are so nice.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 9023
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Chocodove » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:22 am

BBK357 wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm
Yeah, I miss mine (went to Brice).

Image
This place is a bit incestuous

To be fair, though, we should start a “six degrees of separation” thread for Brice ;)
Not sure where mine went. But I think I paid $1800… maybe a little more when I preordered the limited of 500. Now they are like 3k or something? Crazy. But yes the black dial and all white hands are so nice.
Yeah they were $2k preorder and I gave mine away for like $1500. Silly in hindsight.
- Todd

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 4503
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Old guy
Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Henryj » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:25 am

I was a huge dumbass and sold my DWL 1200.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 9023
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Chocodove » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:31 am

Since we’re talking about Doxas, this is one I’d rebuy in an instant of it ever popped up. Always loved the 5000t.

Image
- Todd

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 9475
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by aikiman44 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:21 am

I believe all Aqualung versions were for the US and in feet.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 am

aikiman44 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:21 am
I believe all Aqualung versions were for the US and in feet.
Correct. Aqualung was a US only deal through US Divers.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:48 pm

I deal with aqualung as a function of my job; not a fan it their current management.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
Wario406
Posts: 5300
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:27 am
Name: Mike
Location: I can see mountains

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Wario406 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:23 am

deepcdvr wrote:
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
Image
Mine is in Feet…
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:25 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:23 am
deepcdvr wrote:
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
Image
Mine is in Feet…
Yours is a 300 T ;)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
Wario406
Posts: 5300
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:27 am
Name: Mike
Location: I can see mountains

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Wario406 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:29 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:25 pm
Wario406 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:23 am
deepcdvr wrote:
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
Image
Mine is in Feet…
Yours is a 300 T ;)
it is.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm

demer03 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Wait, you said “ I believe all modern are FT” - I can’t find any 300 COSC, except the couple on this page. Even the Doxa website shows them in meters… all the review videos I’ve seen have the meters version.. I’m still confused :scratch:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm
demer03 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Wait, you said “ I believe all modern are FT” - I can’t find any 300 COSC, except the couple on this page. Even the Doxa website shows them in meters… all the review videos I’ve seen have the meters version.. I’m still confused :scratch:
Sorry, I should have clarified. The modern 50th series that Rick Marei released with the doxa name on the crown was done in Ft.

Current Jenny run new 300s with the fish crown are in metres like the vintage European 1967s.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 13267
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:17 pm

demer03 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm
demer03 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Wait, you said “ I believe all modern are FT” - I can’t find any 300 COSC, except the couple on this page. Even the Doxa website shows them in meters… all the review videos I’ve seen have the meters version.. I’m still confused :scratch:
Sorry, I should have clarified. The modern 50th series that Rick Marei released with the doxa name on the crown was done in Ft.

Current Jenny run new 300s with the fish crown are in metres like the vintage European 1967s.
Ha! I’m not crazy! I will say, since you mentioned the crown, that I’m not a fan of the orange fish. It doesn’t look bad on the wrist, but stil… :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:17 pm
demer03 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm
demer03 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Wait, you said “ I believe all modern are FT” - I can’t find any 300 COSC, except the couple on this page. Even the Doxa website shows them in meters… all the review videos I’ve seen have the meters version.. I’m still confused :scratch:
Sorry, I should have clarified. The modern 50th series that Rick Marei released with the doxa name on the crown was done in Ft.

Current Jenny run new 300s with the fish crown are in metres like the vintage European 1967s.
Ha! I’m not crazy! I will say, since you mentioned the crown, that I’m not a fan of the orange fish. It doesn’t look bad on the wrist, but stil… :cheers:
Agreed. Ricks version was perfect, as far as the head goes. Bracelets are still too clunky and ham-fisted compared to vintage beads of rice, but that’s true of a lot of modern watches.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Posts: 14542
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am
Name: Derek
Location: NC

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by ezcheese » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:38 am

demer03 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:17 pm
demer03 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm
demer03 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
mattcantwin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 am
Cool watch, miss mine.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:


Image
Hmmm that’s strange - I thought all the 300’s came with deco table in meters, not feet… :scratch:
I believe all modern are FT. In vintage, US market was feet and European was Metres. My non aqualung 300 Sharkhunter was a European model.

Image
Wait, you said “ I believe all modern are FT” - I can’t find any 300 COSC, except the couple on this page. Even the Doxa website shows them in meters… all the review videos I’ve seen have the meters version.. I’m still confused :scratch:
Sorry, I should have clarified. The modern 50th series that Rick Marei released with the doxa name on the crown was done in Ft.

Current Jenny run new 300s with the fish crown are in metres like the vintage European 1967s.
Ha! I’m not crazy! I will say, since you mentioned the crown, that I’m not a fan of the orange fish. It doesn’t look bad on the wrist, but stil… :cheers:
Agreed. Ricks version was perfect, as far as the head goes. Bracelets are still too clunky and ham-fisted compared to vintage beads of rice, but that’s true of a lot of modern watches.
The doxa whore has spoken!!!!!! hehe
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:08 am

^^lol^^
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Posts: 14542
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am
Name: Derek
Location: NC

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by ezcheese » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 am

Here's what is likely a stupid question on the 300 sub but I'll ask anyway:
BRACELET/STRAP
Stainless steel bracelet "separate Beads of Rice" style, attached by screws to ensure a secure fit, folding clasp with dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


FKM rubber strap, folding clasp with ratcheting dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


Lug width 20.00 mm
What do they mean by attached by screws? Do these not have traditional spring bars?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 19737
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Moke
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by demer03 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:52 am

ezcheese wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 am
Here's what is likely a stupid question on the 300 sub but I'll ask anyway:
BRACELET/STRAP
Stainless steel bracelet "separate Beads of Rice" style, attached by screws to ensure a secure fit, folding clasp with dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


FKM rubber strap, folding clasp with ratcheting dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


Lug width 20.00 mm
What do they mean by attached by screws? Do these not have traditional spring bars?
The removable links are held by screws, not press fit pins.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Image

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Posts: 14542
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am
Name: Derek
Location: NC

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by ezcheese » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:03 am

demer03 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:52 am
ezcheese wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 am
Here's what is likely a stupid question on the 300 sub but I'll ask anyway:
BRACELET/STRAP
Stainless steel bracelet "separate Beads of Rice" style, attached by screws to ensure a secure fit, folding clasp with dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


FKM rubber strap, folding clasp with ratcheting dive suit extension, exclusive DOXA fish logo.


Lug width 20.00 mm
What do they mean by attached by screws? Do these not have traditional spring bars?
The removable links are held by screws, not press fit pins.
ooooooh duh! sorry, I've been out of the game so long it didn't occur to me they were referring to the links on the BOR :doh:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 4503
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Old guy
Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio

Re: Incoming Doxa Pro

Post by Henryj » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:33 pm

Paul,

Now you've had it for a while, what's your take on the 300?
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests