Rolex OP White Dial

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Rolex OP White Dial

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:05 am

So yesterday I stopped my my AD and they had this 2019 white dial OP, a discontinued (why??!) model I love and should have gotten new then.

It’s 39 which usually is small for my taste but it wears so darn well. The white dial Is just perfect. I’m a big fan. That’s a classic to pass on to next generations.

With it being discontinued and the still present Rolex bubble, they aren’t cheap. 9.5-12.5k it seems in recent times. This one from the AD with their warranty is 11.5k ImageImage I think I can negotiate it down a bit but still… was hoping more like 9-9.5 Image

Contemplating this purchase and thought I’d share the pics here.
Anyone here has one?
What are your thoughts?
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: Rolex OP White Dial

Post by Chocodove » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:40 am

Love that watch and prefer it over any of the new OP’s in any size. I think RMM owned one a while back?

Regardless, agree that 9-9.5k would be the limit I’d pay if I were in the market. No idea if that is realistic or not, though.
- Todd

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:42 am

we learn nothing winning, we only learn from mistakes - selling mine was a huge mistake. I have rarely bonded with a watch like I did with this. Rarely does a watch encapsulate me as a person as this one.

I have regrets in this game, however it's not over-stating to say that after selling mine, I realized how this shook my foundation and made me question not only what am I doing in this hobby but made me question what am I doing as a human being.

what we all want is to leave this world a better place than we found it, and now I'm not so sure I am still on that path anymore.

I hate to post pictures because it forces me to face the worst of me, face my decisions, face that I'm not who I used to by. But I'm I going to in hopes that you will, please, for the love of all that is holy, learn from my mistakes

And may God forgive me and have mercy on me for the errors of my ways

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:04 am

rockmastermike wrote:we learn nothing winning, we only learn from mistakes - selling mine was a huge mistake. I have rarely bonded with a watch like I did with this. Rarely does a watch encapsulate me as a person as this one.

I have regrets in this game, however it's not over-stating to say that after selling mine, I realized how this shook my foundation and made me question not only what am I doing in this hobby but made me question what am I doing as a human being.

what we all want is to leave this world a better place than we found it, and now I'm not so sure I am still on that path anymore.

I hate to post pictures because it forces me to face the worst of me, face my decisions, face that I'm not who I used to by. But I'm I going to in hopes that you will, please, for the love of all that is holy, learn from my mistakes

Brice - beautiful watch! You should get it!

RMM - some deep thoughts right there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:26 am

I love it. Still for me an OP would need to be under $10K. I don’t see the value above that price point.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:22 am

I remember these sitting unsold for $5-5.5k. Oh how I wish I’d made better choices.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:35 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:40 am
Love that watch and prefer it over any of the new OP’s in any size. I think RMM owned one a while back?

Regardless, agree that 9-9.5k would be the limit I’d pay if I were in the market. No idea if that is realistic or not, though.
I know, right ? I get it, the market is the market but mentally I have a hard time getting over the 10K bar on this. Just got a new sib for less than that.
I love this model better than the modern fondly color ones too. If it was not discontinued it'd likely be 8-8.5 I imagine

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:36 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:22 am
I remember these sitting unsold for $5-5.5k. Oh how I wish I’d made better choices.
I don't remember of these white one sold for 5 but they were much lower :( I know io hesitated on it and should not have

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

hoppyjr wrote:
I don't remember of these white one sold for 5 but they were much lower :( I know io hesitated on it and should not have

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

hoppyjr wrote:
I don't remember of these white one sold for 5 but they were much lower :( I know io hesitated on it and should not have... clearly :crybaby:

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:39 pm

I’m also considering an OP- the 41 with the silver dial and gold indices. Wouldn’t pass down to anyone, but I keep coming back to it.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:40 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:26 am
I love it. Still for me an OP would need to be under $10K. I don’t see the value above that price point.
I too have that mental barrier, the 10k limit, regardless of market and discontinued status, I was hoping it'd be priced at 10, low 10's maybe being an AD and I could negotiate down to low 9's maybe

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:42 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:39 pm
I’m also considering an OP- the 41 with the silver dial and gold indices. Wouldn’t pass down to anyone, but I keep coming back to it.
I actually tried that one recently and it is stunning. the 41 OP wears pretty large, nice on the wrist.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:44 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:42 am
we learn nothing winning, we only learn from mistakes - selling mine was a huge mistake. I have rarely bonded with a watch like I did with this. Rarely does a watch encapsulate me as a person as this one.

:shock: holy smokes, Mike... you're a poet, that some deep thoughts, :grin: and awesome shots.
I feel like I shouldn't pass on it but it is bit high and needs a polish job

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:11 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:44 pm

:shock: holy smokes, Mike... you're a poet, that some deep thoughts, :grin: and awesome shots.
I feel like I shouldn't pass on it but it is bit high and needs a polish job
that's smart.....my post lacks context that I bought mine when prices were still sane :thumbsup:

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:43 pm

I was lucky enough to get a Wimbledon dial dj on jubilee from my ad. Plain bezel (not fluted).

It is freaking awesome.

As much as I love this white dial, what makes the watch good to great is the jubilee. I would hold out for that.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:20 am

I've always loved that white dial OP, but I honestly don't know if I could bring myself to pay the premium. I'm holding out for the current silver OP41, though of course it may never happen.

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:25 am

Brice,
Is that a Rolex CPO or whatever the new program is called? Or just new old stock the AD is marking up?

I'd personally have a tough time paying over MSRP, but its discontinued, so I get why you're torn. Beautiful watch for sure!

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:33 am

This was one that got away for me. Wanted one and then prices got nuts. 11.5 is waaay too much. To put it in perspective that’s a new Speedy and new Seamaster with change to spare. And the OP isn’t better than either of those watches imo.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:30 pm

Bob1035 wrote:Brice,
Is that a Rolex CPO or whatever the new program is called? Or just new old stock the AD is marking up?

I'd personally have a tough time paying over MSRP, but its discontinued, so I get why you're torn. Beautiful watch for sure!
It is a used watch.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:15 pm

Although it’s not a Rolex - it’s threads like this that make me question selling my white Monta Nobel… Image
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Hey Brice I just saw this I thought you or anyone else on this thread might want to take a look (I don’t know anything about the seller):

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=917597
Regards,

Mark

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:29 pm

MDF wrote:Hey Brice I just saw this I thought you or anyone else on this thread might want to take a look (I don’t know anything about the seller):

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=917597
I’d own one of these around $5000-6500, but 9k he can GTFOH.

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:28 pm

That’s how much they should be but not sure if that will happen unfortunately.
Regards,

Mark

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:35 pm

9 month old thread bumped by spammer.
But worth it to see these white beauts again.
Mike, love that Monta!
Greg