Tudor Fake or Real Check?

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
namor
Name: Seth

Tudor Fake or Real Check?

Post by namor » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:46 am

I'm offered this Tudor 9411 Sub at a "too good to be true" price. Anyone able to see any evidence of genuineness and/or phoniness? (Shown on a bracelet, but offered as head-only to me).
tudor1.jpeg
tudor2.jpeg
tudor3.jpeg
tudor4.jpeg
tudor5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Tudor Fake or Real Check?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:48 am

Pics are shit but the crown guards are polished down heavily, yet the lug holes (the first thin to get wavy) look pristine.

namor

Post by namor » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:17 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:48 am
Pics are shit but the crown guards are polished down heavily, yet the lug holes (the first thin to get wavy) look pristine.
I noticed this too - but thought its had a hard life, maybe explaining the pricing...
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 am

Honestly it looks legit to me- but I’m afraid to say that because they may have found a way to make them look more real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:31 am

Not enough of an expert to judge, but no head on dial shot makes me nervous. It also appears that the dial may have suffered some water damage.

You may want to try the vintage forum on TRF. Some of the guys there can be a bit uptight, but they know their stuff.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:52 am

I am no help, but to me it seems odd that they took the case back off yet do not show a shot a the movement.
- Todd

CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

Post by CarloDWC » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't know anything about Tudor but those lugs look wrong. I never seen anything shaped like that and they are also in too good condition compared to the rest of the watch.

Maybe they have been worked out and reshaped... :shrug:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:24 pm

CarloDWC wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:16 pm
I don't know anything about Tudor but those lugs look wrong. I never seen anything shaped like that and they are also in too good condition compared to the rest of the watch.

Maybe they have been worked out and reshaped... :shrug:

I agree. Some parts look like melted butter and other look NOS. Either it's a legit watch that's had a ton of laser wielding/lapping done in a couple spots or it's a new case that's been intentionally distressed in some obvious spots. I'd vote the latter unless a super expert disagrees.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:56 pm

i would totally pass on it. to many weird things about it. the case looks like it was polished to point it turned into butter. maybe it is not an og case since the chamfers crown guards are missing. endlinks numbers are not correct imo. i think it is missing a few numbers. bezel pip is wrong. dial condition doesn't look anything like the dial. it should look flooded. the case should have some deterioration on it due to the water issue.

namor

Post by namor » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:54 pm

The wiser heads of DWC prevail, and I’m going to pass. It was blinded by the prospect of getting another snowflake at a decent price. When one thing is fake, there’s usually more lurking.

ZiporaTilda
Name: Batilda Zipora

Post by ZiporaTilda » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:40 pm

It's quite difficult to tell whether its a real or a fake over a jpeg.
I always prefer to feel some thing with my hands for me to tell whether it's afake or not.

stonehead887
Name: Jeremy

Post by stonehead887 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:43 pm

ZiporaTilda wrote:It's quite difficult to tell whether its a real or a fake over a jpeg.
I always prefer to feel some thing with my hands for me to tell whether it's afake or not.
Like boobies....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk