New Submariner announcement Sept 1st?

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: New Submariner announcement Sept 1st?

Post by Chocodove » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Couple of thoughts on these after wearing it non-stop the past 24 hours or so.

- I thought the maxi/new case looked nearly identical in photos. In the metal it’s much more obvious. The new lugs rule IMO, though I’m a guy that actually likes the maxi case as well.

- Biggest change to me is actually the bracelet. That 1mm makes a world of difference and the watch just hugs the wrist now. It wears better than the maxi case for me, less floppy.

- I was worried about the clasp being even wider across, but it’s a non issue for me. It’s a beefy piece of hardware for sure, though. I’ve never owned a 126600 but I imagine it’s very similar to the clasp to that.

- It could be just me, but the dial is a beautiful deep, inky gloss black that seems a little different than the previous. It could be my imagination and the overall profile playing tricks on me when I look at it, but it just looks different. I’d love to see a side by side in person one day.

- Bezel seems slightly wider and dial markers ever so slightly smaller. I like that.

I’m impressed overall, but I’m also a guy that usually likes boring and the Sub has been my all time favorite watch since I was a kid. All the little things add up to an excellent next generation watch IMO. For those waiting, it’s worth it.

- Todd

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm

It’s not just you. The dial is definitely darker inky black gloss.it’s like absence of color. It’s actually breathtaking when you see it for the first time live.
Rolex nailed it in every way, period.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Panerai7 wrote:It’s not just you. The dial is definitely darker inky black gloss.it’s like absence of color. It’s actually breathtaking when you see it for the first time live.

Nice to know I’m not crazy :thumbsup:
- Todd

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:19 am

Panerai7 wrote:It’s not just you. The dial is definitely darker inky black gloss.it’s like absence of color. It’s actually breathtaking when you see it for the first time live.

Just read that apparently there is AR coating under the crystal. Probably has a lot to do with it. It’s about time they did.
- Todd

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:46 am

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:19 am

Just read that apparently there is AR coating under the crystal. Probably has a lot to do with it. It’s about time they did.
That’s gotta be it as well. I noticed how much easier it is to photograph new Sub without twisting my hand away from reflections :) It’s long overdue for sure.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Sweet! They look great.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:26 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:17 am
The Subs look better and I'm glad that Rolex finally acknowledge that the green on green LV was butt ugly. Now maybe the Rolex fanbois will figure it out that a dull ugly green ceramic bezel juxtaposed with a lush green dial sucks.
Welcome back my friend! Where have you been?

And yes to everything you said above 👍
Hey Art. I've been around a bit but I'm mostly spending all my time/money on home improvement projects. Also, any new watch that I'd want is either too big or too expensive for me.

It's nice that there's finally a new sub that doesn't look goofy. I still prefer five digit, but this is a big step forward from the maxi case. I suspect the 41mm size would be too large for me, but I'm glad that everyone else can now finally admit that the maxi case can charitably be described as "awkward looking."

MarcoRizer
Name: MarcoRizer

Post by MarcoRizer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 am

Woner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am

Lol I bet they can spray paint the bezel blue as well
I leave mods to SKX
Back in April, Rolex announced that it would be postponing its new watch ... the September 1 to 4 dates may simply be a way for Rolex to loop-in its retailer ... New Rolex Watch Release Date for 2020 - Green Submariner Hulk.

TIMUR
Name: Tim

Post by TIMUR » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:22 am

Don’t think anybody mentioned this yet...new sub includes a half link.
Imho, huge to get the fit dialed in just right

Wider clasp is the tits

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 am

TIMUR wrote:Don’t think anybody mentioned this yet...new sub includes a half link.

Wider clasp is the tits
The older ceramic sub also came with a half link. :thumbsup:
:htfu:

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:35 am

Half link is nice, but Glidelock is key for me. The upsize of it doesn't really bother me (though I will admit it is kinda big). I find it balances things out extremely well.
- Todd

TIMUR

Post by TIMUR » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:11 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 am
TIMUR wrote:Don’t think anybody mentioned this yet...new sub includes a half link.

Wider clasp is the tits
No shit?. I was finger-banging a new sub yesterday — my dealer told me the half link is new for the 41. Of course I took it for gospel...Timmy here can be retarded sometimes. Captain Obvious is I

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 pm

TIMUR wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 am

Wider clasp is the tits
No shit?. I was finger-banging a new sub yesterday — my dealer told me the half link is new for the 41. Of course I took it for gospel...Timmy here can be retarded sometimes. Captain Obvious is I
I don’t recall my SubC having one either Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 pm

Here is the half link on my new sub41 though I don’t really have a need with this clasp
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

TIMUR

Post by TIMUR » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:17 pm

show off :)

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:30 pm

- I thought the maxi/new case looked nearly identical in photos. In the metal it’s much more obvious. The new lugs rule IMO, though I’m a guy that actually likes the maxi case as well.

- Biggest change to me is actually the bracelet. That 1mm makes a world of difference and the watch just hugs the wrist now. It wears better than the maxi case for me, less floppy.

- I was worried about the clasp being even wider across, but it’s a non issue for me. It’s a beefy piece of hardware for sure, though. I’ve never owned a 126600 but I imagine it’s very similar to the clasp to that.

- It could be just me, but the dial is a beautiful deep, inky gloss black that seems a little different than the previous. It could be my imagination and the overall profile playing tricks on me when I look at it, but it just looks different. I’d love to see a side by side in person one day.

- Bezel seems slightly wider and dial markers ever so slightly smaller. I like that.

I’m impressed overall, but I’m also a guy that usually likes boring and the Sub has been my all time favorite watch since I was a kid. All the little things add up to an excellent next generation watch IMO. For those waiting, it’s worth it.

It’s a great watch in every way and the dial is incredible - I don’t know any dial that compares to the modern sub

That said, and I’ve had two of the SubC’s, i still prefer the old school 5 digit models.. the new ones are just too blingy for me - but I’m not a real WIS, so...
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:10 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

It’s a great watch in every way and the dial is incredible - I don’t know any dial that compares to the modern sub

That said, and I’ve had two of the SubC’s, i still prefer the old school 5 digit models.. the new ones are just too blingy for me - but I’m not a real WIS, so...
It’s got a little bling with the ceramic bezel, but the proportions of the newest (41) Sub remind me of cross between the 5-digit models and the maxi case models. It’s very nice. You wouldn’t think the extra 1mm would make a difference but overall it’s just wonderful.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Looks fantastic!
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:50 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

It’s got a little bling with the ceramic bezel, but the proportions of the newest (41) Sub remind me of cross between the 5-digit models and the maxi case models. It’s very nice. You wouldn’t think the extra 1mm would make a difference but overall it’s just wonderful.

Wait a second...
:htfu:

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:23 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:10 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Congrats Eddy
So good, best Sub ever :cheers:

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:34 am

StepanyanMirkhavoyan wrote:Rolex is Rolex
it ruled a lot and will
Hell of a first post....

How about an intro?

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:25 am

StepanyanMirkhavoyan wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 am
Rolex is Rolex
it ruled a lot and will
rolex rules. Omega drools.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:25 am

lisagen wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:25 am
StepanyanMirkhavoyan wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 am
Rolex is Rolex
it ruled a anavar cycle lot and will
rolex rules. Omega drools.
Suck it spammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:54 am

And this spammer has a website that sells vaginal tightening gel… Smh.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:16 am

SoCal C4S wrote:And this spammer has a website that sells vaginal tightening gel… Smh.
Bookmarked!