JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Post your ridiculously priced Rolex finds

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:19 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:53 am
MDF wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm
The question is will the prices ever go down? This is crazy!
And it really doesn't make a difference to most people if a really expensive model loses a certain amount of value. I can't afford a vintage Daytona at $45,000 anymore than I can afford one at $60,000.
I don't think that's true at all. There are many people buying vintage watches that they can't afford, under the assumption that they will make money. People, and not just a few, are dumping part of their 401k into watches.

The demand for a vintage Daytona would drop considerably, if there was a real chance of losing value.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:50 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:19 am
JBZ wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:53 am
MDF wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm
The question is will the prices ever go down? This is crazy!
And it really doesn't make a difference to most people if a really expensive model loses a certain amount of value. I can't afford a vintage Daytona at $45,000 anymore than I can afford one at $60,000.
I don't think that's true at all. There are many people buying vintage watches that they can't afford, under the assumption that they will make money. People, and not just a few, are dumping part of their 401k into watches.

The demand for a vintage Daytona would drop considerably, if there was a real chance of losing value.
I'm sure a good number of people are overextending themselves to buy these things. When I said "most people" I mean those of us who can't afford these watches in the first place and have the good sense not to cash out their 401ks or other retirements funds, or put everything on credit. Maybe I should have said, "sane, middle class people with an actual working brain." :grin:

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:02 am

Ok...
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu: