New Ranger

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:35 pm

raf42 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:05 pm
Ranger bracelet on BB58
Image
BB58 on that looks good to me. Don't think I'd go brush the case sides. And F the naysayers, Ranger looks good too.
Thanks. I was thinking fully brushed bracelet needed brushed case, but noticed my 14060 has fully brushed bracelet and polished sides of watch case.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 30076
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: New Ranger

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:36 pm

I couldn’t make it to the AD before they closed today so gonna try it on tomorrow. I’m sold on some pics and don’t like it on others it’s one to see in person.
I will get the BBPro instead if it doesn’t work for me once I try it on.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5850
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Lake Como

Re: New Ranger

Post by Seppia » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:34 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:05 pm
Ranger bracelet on BB58

Image
Image
Wow that looks great and how it was supposed to be.
I need a ranger bracelet now.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5850
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Lake Como

Re: New Ranger

Post by Seppia » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:26 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:55 pm
Image
Looks really good on you Ed

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7866
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: New Ranger

Post by jswing » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:21 am

Congrats Ed, looks good. I look forward to seeing one in person at some point.

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: New Ranger

Post by unsub073 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 am

Congrat's on the Ranger, and you don't waste any time with strap changes do you?

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 27679
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: New Ranger

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:11 am

Jeep99dad wrote:I couldn’t make it to the AD before they closed today so gonna try it on tomorrow. I’m sold on some pics and don’t like it on others ImageImage it’s one to see in person.
I will get the BBPro instead if it doesn’t work for me once I try it on.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fs- ... 2.1881067/
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 27679
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: New Ranger

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:12 am

hoppyjr wrote:
raf42 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:05 pm
Ranger bracelet on BB58
Image
BB58 on that looks good to me. Don't think I'd go brush the case sides. And F the naysayers, Ranger looks good too.
Thanks. I was thinking fully brushed bracelet needed brushed case, but noticed my 14060 has fully brushed bracelet and polished sides of watch case.
Simple answer- bead blast it all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:46 pm

Image

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7866
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: New Ranger

Post by jswing » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:40 pm

My AD texted me she has one on bracelet for me. I didn't ask for one, she just assumed I'd want it. Probably go see it tomorrow but i really can't buy it right now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk


User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:45 pm

jswing wrote:My AD texted me she has one on bracelet for me. I didn't ask for one, she just assumed I'd want it. Probably go see it tomorrow but i really can't buy it right now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Nice. Do it.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 30076
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

New Ranger

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm

So I went to the AD who received two earlier this well and here are some more bad cell pics (sorry Image)
Image

6.8” wrist.
Image
Image

Cell phone pics in a jewelry store don’t do either one justice. Horrible pics 🫣


This gives a better size perspective then close up cell shots.
It definitely wears larger than 39mm might suggest to some. For those worried it may be small or borderline, it wears well. Larger than a BB58 or pro or one of the latest Raven diver
Image
Image


I left with this
Image
Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 18615
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: New Ranger

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm


I left with this
Image
Image
Congrats, Brice, that looks reeeeeallly good on you

smellody
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm
Name: Christopher

Re: New Ranger

Post by smellody » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:22 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm


I left with this
Image
Image
Congrats, Brice, that looks reeeeeallly good on you
Agree! Can't wait to get one.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 pm

Image

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 18615
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: New Ranger

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 pm
Image
Looks to be a strap monster as they say.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 12329
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: New Ranger

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:30 am

Exciting news Jeff, and seeing all of the different pictures is great because it
gives such a nice feel for how the watch actually is. :) ;) How all Tudor watches
actually are honestly. Which seems like straightforward no holds barred fantastic !
Seriously, Tudor is one of those brands that truly can do no wrong imho. ..Perhaps
the only thing Tudor did wrong was to stop making the Ranger in the first place. :grin:

No matter what, we are fortunate to be able to see this one again, or especially
to have one. :salute:

Can't thank you enough for the report sir !!!

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:14 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 pm
Image
Looks to be a strap monster as they say.
Image

It can be and I needed to try some straps, but I think mine will live on the bracelet. The fully brushed case + bracelet really gives it a tool vibe, and when combined with the printed dial, it’s the spirit of the original Explorer.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17617
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: New Ranger

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 pm

These 3/4 tilted daylight pictures make it look very nice. In the better ones, the dial looks legitimately vintage, IMO.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 37081
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: New Ranger

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:50 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:These 3/4 tilted daylight pictures make it look very nice. In the better ones, the dial looks legitimately vintage, IMO.
It’s very hard to capture this one in photos, but it’s great looking in person.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 30076
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: New Ranger

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:32 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 pm
Image
Looks to be a strap monster as they say.
Image

It can be and I needed to try some straps, but I think mine will live on the bracelet. The fully brushed case + bracelet really gives it a tool vibe, and when combined with the printed dial, it’s the spirit of the original Explorer.
I agree. It’s really at home on the bracelet. The clasp is great too
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests