Saab front end rebuild

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Saab front end rebuild

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:44 pm

demer03 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:16 am
I’m still mystified about what happened to Saab. I loved the two I had.
We were lucky to have owned 4 of them. I really liked all of them. Heck I am still keeping my eye out for another just in case something else comes up with this one. :mrgreen:
Ryeguy wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:52 am
I think it was just the same thing that happens to many small companies that get bought by large corporations.

Their identity starts to get diluted (remember the Saab branded SUV’s toward the end?), they lose some market share, and the corporate parent closes the business when they fail to meet their revenue targets.

It is hard to predict an “alternate history”, but I like to think Saab would still be around as a quirky independent brand purchased mostly by VT college professors if GM hadn’t bought them.

I survived the worst car accident I’ve ever been in (hit by a loaded car carrier) while in a Saab, so they’ll always have an appreciation from me.
I think I was told years ago GM actually purchased Saab to get some patents from them. But I am not sure if that was true. I do like that thru all the years of the 9-5 model the platform did not change much. The only changes were to make it more reliable. Which is a good thing imo instead of reinventing the wheel every 3-4 years.
hobbit712 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 am
Very cool stuff T. Way beyond my skill level. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Steve!
Bob1035 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:50 am
Awesome work T!
Thanks brother!
93 Turbo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:36 am
Great skills Terry.

On a different note, my wife got a new Merc C300 with AMG accents (Brakes, suspension & body stuff) last year. Still recon our last 93t was a better ride on the freeway than her new Merc.
So when we went car shopping recently had a hard time because she kept comparing the new cars to the Saab and Genesis. Heck for such and old car the Saab's still are a great riding/handing car!

Take care bother and I hope retirement is good to you. :salute: