The Terminal List

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

The Terminal List

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:23 am

Anyone in on the Amazon series? Since I read the first book years ago I just knew it would be on the screen at some point. Watched the first two last night and think they’ve done a pretty good job with it so far.
- Todd

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: The Terminal List

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am

I’ve heard a lot about this over the past year with Jack Carr being on some of the podcast I listen to. I’m a slow TV watcher as we just finished the last season of Ozark the other night. Reacher is next, then Terminal List.

I have seen a lot of reviews and articles on it and they are not good, but it seems to be for political reasons… talking about it being full of senseless gun violence and a right wing conspiracy story… ugh. So it’s hard to believe the reviews.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:40 am

BBK357 wrote: I have seen a lot of reviews and articles on it and they are not good, but it seems to be for political reasons… talking about it being full of senseless gun violence and a right wing conspiracy story… ugh. So it’s hard to believe the reviews.
It’s definitely not for everyone, the books even more so (at least based on what I’ve seen of the show so far).

PS: Chris Pratt wears a Resco Blackfrog Gen 2 in the series.
- Todd

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:43 am

Yes I saw someone on USN post the actual watch he used in the movie, very cool.

I’m not too concerned about the reviewers, I’m a pretty shallow movie/show guy as if it has anything spy related or full of action I’m usually on board.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:30 am

We’re 3 in and will most likely do a couple more this weekend. First episode’s a little hard to follow (probably just me) but comes together in the 2nd.

Haven’t read the books, but I’m a fan of Jack Carr.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:06 pm

As a huge fan of the books, the show is just okay. Maybe just expectations were just too high.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

Finished it today. I’d give it a 6.5 out of 10.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:33 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am
I’ve heard a lot about this over the past year with Jack Carr being on some of the podcast I listen to. I’m a slow TV watcher as we just finished the last season of Ozark the other night. Reacher is next, then Terminal List.
How was Ozark? I tried to get into it and it just seemed like the sort of show where shitty thing after shitty thing happens and that’s the story.

I liked Reacher a lot. Good stupid fun with an entertaining mystery aspect.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:51 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
How was Ozark? I tried to get into it and it just seemed like the sort of show where shitty thing after shitty thing happens and that’s the story.

It was good, glad I watched it. Some episodes I could have skipped but the last season tied it all together.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:58 pm

BBK357 wrote:

Reacher is next...
:cheers:

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Reacher was a good time. Currently watching the Old Man (good as well) and Terminal List is next. Lefty isn’t sure she can buy Andy Dwyer as an action hero …
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:44 pm

demer03 wrote:Reacher was a good time. Currently watching the Old Man (good as well) and Terminal List is next. Lefty isn’t sure she can buy Andy Dwyer as an action hero …
Watching “The Old Man” too. Very entertaining and sucks you in. “Terminal List” I’m 2 episodes into and while it’s entertaining it isn’t as engaging as I’d have expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:55 pm

Chocodove wrote:
BBK357 wrote: I have seen a lot of reviews and articles on it and they are not good, but it seems to be for political reasons… talking about it being full of senseless gun violence and a right wing conspiracy story… ugh. So it’s hard to believe the reviews.
It’s definitely not for everyone, the books even more so (at least based on what I’ve seen of the show so far).

Did Resco ever make a watch that beeps?
David St. Hubbins

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:27 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Not that I am aware of.
- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 am

Chocodove wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Not that I am aware of.
That was rhetorical. His beeps like a G.
David St. Hubbins

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:38 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Not that I am aware of.
:lol:
- Todd

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:58 am

Before starting The Terminal List, I'll finish watching The Boys; currently in the middle of Season 2.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 pm

The Boys is the best. Probably triggering AF for some people here though :nutkick:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 pm

dukerules wrote:The Boys is the best. Probably triggering AF for some people here though :nutkick:
What does that mean? I’ve never watched it- super hero shows don’t appeal to me really. I did see an article about how they ran out of fake cum on the set… and I’m like WTF is this about? Is it super crude or something?
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:28 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Not that I am aware of.
Are you serious? I hope not… Jack Carr kept saying that he went through great lengths to make it life-like. A Resco beeping reminds me of lasers on Bonds watch and the fake screen on Arnold’s Seiko in commando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 pm
The Boys is the best. Probably triggering AF for some people here though :nutkick:
It's true. A subset of people seem to love to beat off to the "nazi behind every corner" narrative. :thumbsup:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:16 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 pm
dukerules wrote:The Boys is the best. Probably triggering AF for some people here though :nutkick:
What does that mean? I’ve never watched it- super hero shows don’t appeal to me really. I did see an article about how they ran out of fake cum on the set… and I’m like WTF is this about? Is it super crude or something?
Yeah, it is like the anti-super hero TV show.

The premise is the super hero’s team (think “Justice League”) are really just a group of super flawed individuals who commit horrible acts while saving people.

I thought it was cleverly written and really turns the genre upside down. Lots of gore and crude language though. Definitely not for he faint of heart.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:34 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 pm
Yeah, it is like the anti-super hero TV show.

The premise is the super hero’s team (think “Justice League”) are really just a group of super flawed individuals who commit horrible acts while saving people.

I thought it was cleverly written and really turns the genre upside down. Lots of gore and crude language though. Definitely not for he faint of heart.
Thanks for the description. Not sure if it’s my thing, maybe I’ll try it out at some point.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:58 pm

I thought it was a term used in boat building

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:22 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:33 pm
BBK357 wrote:

Ozark was good enough. There really isn't a person in the show worth routing for, and they are all "bad" people to a certain extent. The town in the series is based on where I actually grew up, even though most of the filming was done in GA.