Eva Avila/Great Gig in the Sky

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
BlueSky
Name: David

Eva Avila/Great Gig in the Sky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:58 am

I grew up listening to Clare Torry in the original version and it's spectacular, but check out this gal's vocals in this cover. Nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd9-wiT ... obertKapty

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Eva Avila/Great Gig in the Sky

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:32 am

Were there any actual lyrics? I mean she has solid range, but I’d have preferred she sing a song.

Maybe I don’t get it, but I’ve never been a Pink Floyd fan.

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:59 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:32 am
Were there any actual lyrics? I mean she has solid range, but I’d have preferred she sing a song.

Maybe I don’t get it, but I’ve never been a Pink Floyd fan.
No lyrics...There's an interesting backstory here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIW7xZS ... =TheMudman

I wouldn't say I'm a big PF fan, it's just this hauntingly beautiful song. I don't think any us of knew what to think when the album came out. It was a fun time to grow up, smack dab in the middle of that incredible era.

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:04 am

Love it! I regret not seeing Pink Floyd back in the day. I did mange to see David Gilmour solo in Cincinnati in the early 80's I believe. His band did Money and the sax player did the solo while walking around the stadium. Stood on the chair right in front of us at one point. It was awesome.

I have seen Brit Floyd twice now and will ALWAYS go see them if they are in the area. Pink Floyd is one of my favs. Second only to Led Zeppelin. If you have a chance to see Brit Floyd and are a Pink Floyd fan I highly recommend them!
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:14 am

hobbit712 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:04 am
Love it! I regret not seeing Pink Floyd back in the day. I did mange to see David Gilmour solo in Cincinnati in the early 80's I believe. His band did Money and the sax player did the solo while walking around the stadium. Stood on the chair right in front of us at one point. It was awesome.

I have seen Brit Floyd twice now and will ALWAYS go see them if they are in the area. Pink Floyd is one of my favs. Second only to Led Zeppelin. If you have a chance to see Brit Floyd and are a Pink Floyd fan I highly recommend them!
Of all the concerts, and I mean there were a lot, that I've been to, I didn't ever see them either. Also, a regret. I was very much aware of Brit Floyd, and it looks like Covid, I guess, has pretty much stopped their touring as of now.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 pm

I was lucky to see Floyd numerous times when I was a teenager. I was actually at the shows where Delicate Sound of Thunder was recorded.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:05 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 pm
I was lucky to see Floyd numerous times when I was a teenager. I was actually at the shows where Delicate Sound of Thunder was recorded.
Very jealous.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:46 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Very neat story. I'm sure you've seen some other great shows in that venue, too.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:28 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Cool - I went to the same concert tour. I think it was the "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour. Google says this was '87 - '88 time frame which seems about right.