Mayor of Kingstown

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Mayor of Kingstown

Post by jimyritz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am

Anyone watching, not bad....

dnslater
Name: Nick

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

Post by dnslater » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Have not started it yet, but looking forward to it. Producer is Taylor Sheridan who co-created Yellowstone.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Lol Yellowstone is comically bad, imo

Still watch it, but I view it as a comedy - so bad :(
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:39 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm

I view it more as an implausible guilty pleasure. One reviewer wrote that it's like two separate stories. The first is a bunch of average folks living in the bunkhouse, yukking it up and learning to be cowboys. The second is about a family that's under constant threat from outsiders and kills people from time to time. Like I said in another thread, it's like Dallas but with more violence and moved to Montana/Wyoming. The acting and scenery are really good.

I've generally found Taylor Sheriden's stuff to be uneven. I loved Wind River and Hell or High Water. I thought Sicario was pretty good, but couldn't stand Sicario II. Mayor of Kingstown hasn't gotten great reviews, but I haven't watched an episode yet, so I won't judge.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:39 am
deepcdvr wrote:

I view it more as an implausible guilty pleasure. One reviewer wrote that it's like two separate stories. The first is a bunch of average folks living in the bunkhouse, yukking it up and learning to be cowboys. The second is about a family that's under constant threat from outsiders and kills people from time to time. Like I said in another thread, it's like Dallas but with more violence and moved to Montana/Wyoming. The acting and scenery are really good.

I've generally found Taylor Sheriden's stuff to be uneven. I loved Wind River and Hell or High Water. I thought Sicario was pretty good, but couldn't stand Sicario II. Mayor of Kingstown hasn't gotten great reviews, but I haven't watched an episode yet, so I won't judge.
Jeff, this is a totally stupid comment, but Sheridan can ride a horse. :grin:
Last edited by BlueSky on Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 am

BlueSky wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 am
JBZ wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:

Jeff, totally stupid comment, but Sheridan can ride a horse. :grin:
Yeah, I noticed he plays the expert horse rider/wrangler that was driving Jimmy down to TX. He got his start in acting before he moved on to writing/directing.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:49 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 am
BlueSky wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 am
JBZ wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:

Jeff, totally stupid comment, but Sheridan can ride a horse. :grin:
Yeah, I noticed he plays the expert horse rider/wrangler that was driving Jimmy down to TX. He got his start in acting before he moved on to writing/directing.
Saw an interview with Jefferson White (Jimmy) the other day. Pretty sharp guy. I couldn't act my ass out of a wet sack and it's neat to see these guys, especially playing a character like Jimmy, up close.