Soundbar vs Satellite speakers

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Re: Soundbar vs Satellite speakers

Post by ncstate1201 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:12 am

59yukon01 wrote:^^^I went big a long time ago in our great room with complete 5.1 surround sound. Makes the walls shake. Image

For a sound bar I'd mount beneath and preferable at eye/hear level. Definitely get one with a wireless subwoofer. You'll regret it if not, and trust me it makes all the difference in watching TV and movies.

I set up a 55" Roku TV in a spare bedroom, then bought just a sound bar. Immediately regretted it, and exchanged it for the model that included the subwoofer.

You can even get them now with bluetooth, so you can stream music to them as well.
This is totally me.. I had massive CVs but finally did go inwall for fronts...inceiling for rears....center is almost like a soundbar under tv...and a sub....

I have been impressed with what my paragon elites can do vs my old CV towers...

But yeah if I had to go to just soundbar...I agree I wouldn't do it without a sub

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 am

ncstate1201 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:12 am
59yukon01 wrote:^^^I went big a long time ago in our great room with complete 5.1 surround sound. Makes the walls shake. Image

For a sound bar I'd mount beneath and preferable at eye/hear level. Definitely get one with a wireless subwoofer. You'll regret it if not, and trust me it makes all the difference in watching TV and movies.

I set up a 55" Roku TV in a spare bedroom, then bought just a sound bar. Immediately regretted it, and exchanged it for the model that included the subwoofer.

You can even get them now with bluetooth, so you can stream music to them as well.
This is totally me.. I had massive CVs but finally did go inwall for fronts...inceiling for rears....center is almost like a soundbar under tv...and a sub....

I have been impressed with what my paragon elites can do vs my old CV towers...

But yeah if I had to go to just soundbar...I agree I wouldn't do it without a sub

Geoff...Did you mean to say Paradigm speakers?

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:36 am

Doh and yep paradigm elite... thank you

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 am

ncstate1201 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:36 am
Doh and yep paradigm elite... thank you

Very nice. I've actually heard some of their in walls, can't remember the series. Back in the day, (really not that long ago), a standard recommendation was to buy their Studio 20 bookshelves, either 5 or 2 with a sub. Just really a great company/product offering. Without looking it up, I think the company has come full circle with the original founder. If I were doing in walls, Paradigm would be on my short list. Solid product. Super great choice. :thumbsup: