Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Post Reply
User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:11 pm

A few pics & a highlights vid from Goodwood 11.08.20

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

It was a really good day - very hot & I was having to short shift & lift near the noise meters to avoid getting chucked off for being too loud, but still great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf3Zpac6ssM&t=475s

The car is fantastic.
Andy

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 17949
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Most excellent - looks like tons of fun

User avatar
amckiwi
Posts: 2552
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm
Name: Stu

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by amckiwi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 am

Very cool
Car does not sound loud from inside

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 am

amckiwi wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 am
Very cool
Car does not sound loud from inside
Thanks.

GoPro mic is not great. It's not stupidly loud inside, but louder than the video suggests.
Andy

User avatar
jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Posts: 11636
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Name: Björn

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by jeckyll » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am

Looks like a blast!

What are you hitting on the db meter?
Nobody expected the woke-pokalypse

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9259
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Your track days make me want to invest in some car racing games for the xbox
The Hapa

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:09 am

jeckyll wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am
Looks like a blast!

What are you hitting on the db meter?
102db drive by with the extended cans fitted.
Andy

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by jtbenson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:21 am

congrats andy, glad to hear its first shakedown went smoothly.
sounds great, and chassis setup appears very well sorted from the vid.
Image

User avatar
Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Kennesaw, GA

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by Zidane » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:35 am

Hell yeah - awesome car.

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:33 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 pm
Your track days make me want to invest in some car racing games for the xbox
I'd hope they would make you want you own track car :grin:
Andy

User avatar
jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Posts: 11636
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Name: Björn

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by jeckyll » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:40 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:09 am
jeckyll wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am
Looks like a blast!

What are you hitting on the db meter?
102db drive by with the extended cans fitted.
Yeah, that's a touch noisy :gayumbrella:
Nobody expected the woke-pokalypse

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 am

jtbenson wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:21 am
congrats andy, glad to hear its first shakedown went smoothly.
sounds great, and chassis setup appears very well sorted from the vid.
Goodwood was actually the 2nd track day.

Some highlights of the first, at Donington Park are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRQtqprRaQ&t=3s

There is more to come from the set up. At present it's on the Geo it came to me with and all I've done is adjust the dampers for rebound & compression to base track settings as advised by a firm called Suspension Secrets. Next week I'm at Silverstone & Suspension Secrets will work with me (a a few other customers) through the day to refine both the geometry & damper settings on the cars.
Don't get me wrong, the car is good now, but I'd like it to turn in faster and corner a little flatter.
Andy

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9259
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by HapaHapa » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:33 am
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 pm
Your track days make me want to invest in some car racing games for the xbox
I'd hope they would make you want you own track car :grin:
They do, but I try not to dwell on the impossible. I’m pissed enough that I sold my Tesla stock earlier this year (for a healthy gain) only to watch its value skyrocket. Wish I could undue that sale, but again can’t wish for the impossible.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by jtbenson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 am
jtbenson wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:21 am
congrats andy, glad to hear its first shakedown went smoothly.
sounds great, and chassis setup appears very well sorted from the vid.
Goodwood was actually the 2nd track day.

Some highlights of the first, at Donington Park are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRQtqprRaQ&t=3s

There is more to come from the set up. At present it's on the Geo it came to me with and all I've done is adjust the dampers for rebound & compression to base track settings as advised by a firm called Suspension Secrets. Next week I'm at Silverstone & Suspension Secrets will work with me (a a few other customers) through the day to refine both the geometry & damper settings on the cars.
Don't get me wrong, the car is good now, but I'd like it to turn in faster and corner a little flatter.
apologies, somehow i missed the donington park post between the exige arrival post and goodwood. something else to enjoy, thanks for the link.
always good to get insight setup from folks who have vetted comp/re at tracks on many, many cars. that knowledge is invaluable, and gets you to a pretty sweet spot much more quickly. more 'well set up' laps is always preferable to wasting laps chasing a predictable and confident feeling setup.
look forward to your silverstone weekend review/pics/vids. enjoying experiencing vicarious, voyeuristic track weekends through your posts. thanks for sharing and have a blast!
Image

User avatar
93 Turbo
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Name: Jules
Location: Oz

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by 93 Turbo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Too much fun, also weather looks great. I had fun moving soil around on a mini excavator over past 3 days, almost the same thing...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Goodwood Track Day in the Exige Sport 410

Post by andy tims » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:10 am

93 Turbo wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:23 pm
almost the same thing...
:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Andy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests