Yellowstone

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Yellowstone

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Lol I think Yellowstone is the dumbest, most unrealistic/ridiculous show I’ve ever watched. I still watch it, tbh, but I watch it as a comedy now. Dudes grunt-talking, everyone throwing punches for zero reason, automatic weapon shooting every few minutes, people surviving low grade explosive attacks in brick buildings, horrible (fake) southern accents, etc… hilarious! Oh and has it been winter there yet?
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm

deepcdvr wrote:Lol I think Yellowstone is the dumbest, most unrealistic/ridiculous show I’ve ever watched. I still watch it, tbh, but I watch it as a comedy now. Dudes grunt-talking, everyone throwing punches for zero reason, automatic weapon shooting every few minutes, people surviving low grade explosive attacks in brick buildings, horrible (fake) southern accents, etc… hilarious! Oh and has it been winter there yet?

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 pm
Lol I think Yellowstone is the dumbest, most unrealistic/ridiculous show I’ve ever watched. I still watch it, tbh, but I watch it as a comedy now. Dudes grunt-talking, everyone throwing punches for zero reason, automatic weapon shooting every few minutes, people surviving low grade explosive attacks in brick buildings, horrible (fake) southern accents, etc… hilarious! Oh and has it been winter there yet?
Realism is not necessary for a show to be a fun watch. Most of us watch tv to escape reality….

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 am

dnslater wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Realism is not necessary for a show to be a fun watch. Most of us watch tv to escape reality….
I have become somewhat of a movie nut over the last twenty or thirty years. When the film is good to really good (they're few and far between), it has my full attention. The way I watch said films is way too much work for most. That leaves the rest, and for me it's a couple of hours of putting away the problems of the day and just kicking back. Yellowstone, like most TV, falls in that category.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:46 am

I say again…Beth FTW!

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 am

dnslater wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Fair point and I don't expect realism when watching anything on TV (including cable news!) but the amount of people that are gunned down (especially this season) or the fights that break out for zero reason most of the time - just ridiculous. Anyway, just my 2 cents! - glad you guys like it especially those of you that said they thought the acting was really good lol

:cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:00 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 am
dnslater wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Fair point and I don't expect realism when watching anything on TV (including cable news!) but the amount of people that are gunned down (especially this season) or the fights that break out for zero reason most of the time - just ridiculous. Anyway, just my 2 cents! - glad you guys like it especially those of you that said they thought the acting was really good lol

Paul...Fair points as well. :cheers:

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:09 am

deepcdvr wrote:
dnslater wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:

I like Beth’s titties/sarcasm/ruthlessness, the amazing horses/riders, and the scenery.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 am

BacoNoir wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
dnslater wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:

I like Beth’s titties/sarcasm/ruthlessness, the amazing horses/riders, and the scenery.
That about sums it up Image
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:59 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:09 am
deepcdvr wrote:
dnslater wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:

I do like her body - the rest I could do without lol

I saw her on some British detective show when she was really young; no idea she was British :whistle:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Yellowstone

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:26 pm

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Image
Didn’t I have lunch with you and her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:07 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Pretty much sums it up for me as well. I tried watching it a few years ago. I get the escapism but the absolute lack of any consequences for the gratuitous shootouts were over the top for me. :shrug:

Beth is hot however. She was in a Celtic style historical show i watched a while back. I cant recall the name right now.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 am

hobbit712 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:07 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Pretty much sums it up for me as well. I tried watching it a few years ago. I get the escapism but the absolute lack of any consequences for the gratuitous shootouts were over the top for me. :shrug:

Beth is hot however. She was in a Celtic style historical show i watched a while back. I cant recall the name right now.
Just out of curiosity, I looked her up. There's been commentary here and the internet in general, about the acting quality, or lack of, on the show. Regardless, Kelly's character is getting more talk/hype than Costner's. From what I gather, she seems to be very normal, maybe even demure.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:48 am

It's a nice change of pace from the wokeness and politically correct BS most TV shows are becoming.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 am

deepcdvr wrote:
That's why I watch it Paul :lol: Reality = Work and at this point in my career, I'd rather be at home or fishing :thumbsup:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:27 am

I love yellowstone..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pasquale

NSC

hoppyjr
HJ