You Ever...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

You Ever...

Post by ezcheese » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:09 pm

You ever have guys working in your house and hear them and just think about dumb and dumber?
That's playing out right now.
We had 2 new toto toilets with the fancy bidet installed this morning. Easy job for the plumbers.
But we also needed outlets run for the toilets to plug into.
The first one was easy as there was already an outlet on the other side of the wall from where that toilet is.

This second one... oh boy. They've been working on it for over 2 hours now and it sounds like they finally got the wire fished through to where it needs to be. But listening to these guys has been something else.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: You Ever...

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 pm

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Are these the fancy toilets that also open the lid when you approach it and light up the inside to give you a target in the middle of the night?

My brother in law has these in both houses (NY and FLA) which include a heated seat, a butt washer and dryer. Since my family tried them that's all I have heard about that we "have" to have in our house.
Regards
Barry

DocHollidayDDS
Name: James

Post by DocHollidayDDS » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:58 pm

giosdad wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm
Are these the fancy toilets that also open the lid when you approach it and light up the inside to give you a target in the middle of the night?

My brother in law has these in both houses (NY and FLA) which include a heated seat, a butt washer and dryer. Since my family tried them that's all I have heard about that we "have" to have in our house.
The recent "Japanese Toilets" episode of South Park was hilarious. Your brother-in-law sounds exactly like Randy after he buys one.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:10 pm

DocHollidayDDS wrote:
giosdad wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm

The recent "Japanese Toilets" episode of South Park was hilarious. Your brother-in-law sounds exactly like Randy after he buys one.
One of the best newer episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:42 pm

:roll: Yeah that South Park episode was definitely one of the best in the past several years.

We got one of the standard toto toilets with the washlet seat. So it’s a 2 piece. This one doesn’t open the lid automatically on approach, but it does have a heated seat, heated water you can blast your holes with and heated air drying. It also “mists” the bowl when you sit down and it starts “deodorizing“ as well. The fancier versions are going into the mountain house (whenever we start the build).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:15 pm

I guess the next thing coming is the toilet will be WiFi capable and can monitor your piss and poop samples in case something is "out of balance", with notifications sent to your Doctor of choice.

I've pissed in the dark and hit water with my eyes closed for decades so I'll just keep my old school porcelain Mansfield.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Do any of these fancy toilets have a “reach around” setting?
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:13 pm

Drop by the house, I’ll hose you down with the nozzle set to “jet”, then I’ll give you some paper towels to dry off. Only $1.00. For an extra $1.00 Ben will give you a towel dry, just like the guys at the car wash.

If you’re “muddy” we can offer the deluxe package for $5.00. Includes pressure washer and Ben’s towel dry.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:14 am

Just took my maiden voyage. Life changing! :gayumbrella:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 am

Once you go bidet you never go back. :whistle:

During covid and the toilet paper was in short supply the bidet attachments were a god send, I installed them on master bath toilet and the wife loved it. My daughters scoffed until I installed one on their toilet. Now they love them. I even had to install one on my oldest daughters when she moved into her new apartment. :salute:

I dont have the heated version and it can be a little cold at times. :htfu:
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 am

I never would have taken you for the fancy toilet type, but you did just buy a Breguet. :lol:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:32 am

I guess we really progress from the ancient Romans using a stick and a sponge to wipe our behinds :lol: :lol: :lol:

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:57 am

I love that movie Derek. :grin:

And honestly it sounds like you have to be an engineer to put
these kinds of toilets in. :o :) It’s kind of crazy right? But also
funny for sure to see I imagine. Because these companies will
create these technological terrors :lol: ..but then figuring out
how to install them becomes a real adventure. And imagine if
you were doing it yourself? :o That would be something that
would take forever, or be worth of making a YT video. :)

Want to thank you for making us smile sir !!!

Oh, and have ever seen the commercial for this thingamabob? :grin:
I thought it was a car commercial the first time seeing it. :lol:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 am

LMAO those roman toilets were pretty badass for the time. That Kohler is pretty sick!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:36 pm

This video good for a laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlGCc99ZXjs

AranaWhite
Name: Cameron

Post by AranaWhite » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 am

jswing wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 am
I never would have taken you for the fancy toilet type, but you did just buy a Breguet. :lol:
I see it in a sales thread when that water bill's due... "Breguet for crack" D's probably sitting there timing something now; I would be.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:27 am

AranaWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 am
jswing wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 am
I see it in a sales thread when that water bill's due... "Breguet for crack" D's probably sitting there timing something now; I would be.
Lol “priced for a quick sale, gotta fund this months increased power and water bills after having those toilets installed.”
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:44 am

jswing wrote:I never would have taken you for the fancy toilet type, but you did just buy a Breguet. :lol:
LOL! So true :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 pm

Got one question are you shit out of luck when the power goes out no punt intended. One thing about old fashion toilets they still work when the power goes out unless you have a well like I do and then I am shit out of luck.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:57 pm

Haha, the good news is the toilet part is standard old school. If we lost power I would just go back to how it was a week ago. The other good news is we have a whole house standby generator, so if we lose power from the street we can still pamper our bums in luxury.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:59 am

ezcheese wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:57 pm
Haha, the good news is the toilet part is standard old school. If we lost power I would just go back to how it was a week ago. The other good news is we have a whole house standby generator, so if we lose power from the street we can still pamper our bums in luxury.
Was wondering how the standby generator working for you in a power outage and the cost. Been thinking of getting one and have it hooked up to my propane tank to power it. I know you can have it power the important stuff or get one powerful enough to power the whole house. I guess it how much you want to spend.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:35 pm

River Rat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:59 am
ezcheese wrote:
Was wondering how the standby generator working for you in a power outage and the cost. Been thinking of getting one and have it hooked up to my propane tank to power it. I know you can have it power the important stuff or get one powerful enough to power the whole house. I guess it how much you want to spend.
Oh yeah! there are lots of options out there. We got a Generac Guardian 22Kw hooked up to our natural gas line from the city.
It's enough to keep everything in the house going. So we could have the HVAC going, have several lights on around the house and be washing and drying clothes. We have an electric clothes dryer. And of course that also factors in keeping the refridgerator going and we have a small freezer downstairs as well. Our house is like ~2,500 square feet.

You can get models that hook up to propane and there are other alternatives. We're gonna get one installed when we build our house in the mountains and that one will have to use propane. I actually don't remember how much it cost us all told, but I think it was around $15K
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AranaWhite
Name: Cameron

Post by AranaWhite » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:49 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:35 pm
River Rat wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
Oh yeah! there are lots of options out there. We got a Generac Guardian 22Kw hooked up to our natural gas line from the city.
It's enough to keep everything in the house going. So we could have the HVAC going, have several lights on around the house and be washing and drying clothes. We have an electric clothes dryer. And of course that also factors in keeping the refridgerator going and we have a small freezer downstairs as well. Our house is like ~2,500 square feet.

You can get models that hook up to propane and there are other alternatives. We're gonna get one installed when we build our house in the mountains and that one will have to use propane. I actually don't remember how much it cost us all told, but I think it was around $15K
15k to keep that place running like normal sounds like a wise move. Is there a simple way to calculate the cost of propane used in that manner, if you spent a month on it?

My wife just bought a solar setup because of our son's medical needs. I never considered a natural gas setup. I wouldn't contend with a diesel. The solar's nice because it's just an enormous battery, no emissions or sound. It won't run our little home though, just necessities.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:21 pm

AranaWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:49 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:35 pm
River Rat wrote:
ezcheese wrote:

15k to keep that place running like normal sounds like a wise move. Is there a simple way to calculate the cost of propane used in that manner, if you spent a month on it?

My wife just bought a solar setup because of our son's medical needs. I never considered a natural gas setup. I wouldn't contend with a diesel. The solar's nice because it's just an enormous battery, no emissions or sound. It won't run our little home though, just necessities.
That’s a great question! The year we had ours installed we had a summer storm that knocked out the power in my neighborhood for a week. Not sure what that gas bill ended up being but it was worth it to not have to change our routine at all during that time. Medical necessities are also a big driver for many folks. I know Emily’s parents’ neighbor had one installed because she was on dialysis and she couldn’t afford to lose power while that was going on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯