GO SEAQ Pano date

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

GO SEAQ Pano date

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm

So I’ve been thinking about my next purchase and going through my list of watches I want to try.
I was really close to buying the Blancpain titanium blue dial BPFF.

However, I’ve always been a fan of the Glashutte SEAQ diver since it was released, am particularly fond of this slate dial TT version.

I was curious if anybody here have experience with the SEAQ pano? Any thoughts you can share? Case, size, wearability, calibre…

Thank you.

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Re: GO SEAQ Pano date

Post by hobbit712 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:39 pm

That Blancpain is drop dead gorgeous. **drool**
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:57 pm

IMO the GO is leagues nicer than the FF. Just an all around better looking watch. Now that I’m an old man and my vision is even worse, that big date is heaven.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:05 pm

Love the GO and the brand in general. Was wearing my panomatic moonphase the other day. I’m just not a huge fan of the minute hand in this example. That said I’d wear that shit all day every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:49 pm

I’ve been waiting on a WG Sub for 3+ years from my AD, and have been patient because he’s still offering me a great discount, but the full RG SeaQ keeps tempting me as an alternative that’s available today. One thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the large arrow on the end of the minute hand. Seems disproportionately large and I wonder how I’d feel about it long term.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:43 pm

I love the brand as well and still own my Senator Observer. The SeaQ has been on my radar for a while, but I'd probably go with the variation below as I don't love the panorama date at the 4:30 location.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:48 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:49 pm
One thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the large arrow on the end of the minute hand. Seems disproportionately large and I wonder how I’d feel about it long term.
It's a pretty good facsimile of the original (on the left). I like it, but it might be an acquired taste.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm

That TT model is gorgeous. Do it.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:25 pm

logan2z wrote:I love the brand as well and still own my Senator Observer. The SeaQ has been on my radar for a while, but I'd probably go with the variation below as I don't love the panorama date at the 4:30 location.

Very nice too and good date indeed but then mvt is not even close and also it wears a bit smallish I think but it’d been a while since I tried one on. It’s very nice too though and comes in TT as well IIRC

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:34 am

I love GO- quality and workmanship is excellent. I’d just suggest buying at the right price as with any piece..

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:10 am

I've not handled any of the above watches, so take my opinion with a significant grain of salt.

I think the SeaQ version of this watch (date at 3) will wear better than the Pano version simply due to size and proportion.

The Pano version looks to have a relatively thin bezel (similar to my Seiko SLA017), but a 43.2mm case size. At least they increased the bracelet width to 21mm, but still I think Seiko got the proportions / ratio's correct when they kept their case to 40mm.

I think the blue dial SeaQ variant with the applied numerals is the best looking of the entire series. You can buy a lot of reading glasses with the $5K you save over the Pano version.

All that said (and taking price, pedigree, etc. out of the equation), I still think the Seiko SLA017 is a better looking watch with a very similar design.

drster
Name: mark

Post by drster » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:21 pm

I have had the SeaQ Panodate for many months now. One of my favorites. It's the second one I had. It's not small but it's not too large. Brice I think your wrist is slightly bigger than mine. My personal opinion: any GO I get must have the panoramadate. I think GO does the best Big Date.
One on fabric strap:
Now on bracelet:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:51 pm

drster wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:21 pm
I have had the SeaQ Panodate for many months now. One of my favorites. It's the second one I had. It's not small but it's not too large. Brice I think your wrist is slightly bigger than mine. My personal opinion: any GO I get must have the panoramadate. I think GO does the best Big Date.
One on fabric strap:
Now on bracelet:
Yes!! Big date FTW!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Ryeguy wrote:I've not handled any of the above watches, so take my opinion with a significant grain of salt.

I think the SeaQ version of this watch (date at 3) will wear better than the Pano version simply due to size and proportion.

The Pano version looks to have a relatively thin bezel (similar to my Seiko SLA017), but a 43.2mm case size. At least they increased the bracelet width to 21mm, but still I think Seiko got the proportions / ratio's correct when they kept their case to 40mm.

I think the blue dial SeaQ variant with the applied numerals is the best looking of the entire series. You can buy a lot of reading glasses with the $5K you save over the Pano version.

All that said (and taking price, pedigree, etc. out of the equation), I still think the Seiko SLA017 is a better looking watch with a very similar design.
Thanks Image Seiko is not in the running.Image
You’re right, The 40mm SEAQ is nice but I feel it’s a bit small and the mvt is very different. The Pano date is very cool and a differentiator vs my current collection too.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:03 pm

Interesting feedback everyone. I was expecting more BP support

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:02 pm
The Pano date is very cool and a differentiator vs my current collection too.
I love the GO Pano date, I have it on my Senator Observer. But the position of it on the SeaQ looks odd to my eye.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:24 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:03 pm
Interesting feedback everyone. I was expecting more BP support Image
I'm team BPFF, FWIW. That GO does zero for me.
:htfu:

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

GO SEAQ Pano date

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Interesting feedback everyone. I was expecting more BP support Image
I’m a FF fan and absolutely love the styling, but I had a horrid experience with the NJ Service Center, which is where BP’s have to go. I had to send it back 5 times before it was right and sold it immediately afterwards.

1) replaced the hands during service and put on a different hand set
2) came back with the dial crooked
3) crooked dial again
4) movement stopped a week after I got it back
5) re-serviced by their heads watchmaker and was finally right.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:37 pm
Jeep99dad wrote:Interesting feedback everyone. I was expecting more BP support Image
I’m a FF fan and absolutely love the styling, but I had a horrid experience with the NJ Service Center, which is where BP’s have to go. I had to send it back 5 times before it was right and sold it immediately afterwards.

3) crooked dial again
Wow - and people complain about the Seiko Mahwah service center!

That said, between the SeaQ Pano and the BPFF, I’m also on team BP. I just wasn’t aware it was still in the running as a candidate for purchase.

I’d be all over Andy’s version he has for sale here as that more historic / understated style appeals to me, but the blue Ti version you post above is just beautiful.

If the SeaQ Pano is the one calling to you, then definitely get that one, but if I showed my wife both watches and said “which of these watches is worth more than $10k?” , the BP gets the nod.

Simply stated, there are dozens of watches of similar style to the SeaQ. There is nothing that compares to that BP FF.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:05 am

I want to like the GO... the green one is lovely... however I have always struggled to love that dial with the alternating markers & numbers. Just don't find it pleasing to my eye. Undoubtedly super high quality watch - have looked at it at my AD and it appears beautifully finished. Looks alone I prefer the BP FF.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:33 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:37 pm

3) crooked dial again
Holy cow! :shock: That would certainly sour me on the brand as well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:25 pm

I just saw the chronograph, and for my taste, that's the clear winner in the lineup.

:htfu:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:34 pm

matt.wu wrote:I just saw the chronograph, and for my taste, that's the clear winner in the lineup.

It’s beautiful and that pano date is centered at 6Image

Still
Loving that Ti BPFF ImageImage

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:25 pm
I just saw the chronograph, and for my taste, that's the clear winner in the lineup.

I like it, but too far removed from the original for my taste.

It is nice to see GO with their own in-house integrated chronograph movement, however. Their previous modular movement was a bit of a bummer at the price point.

Since the comparison in this thread is with a Blancpain, for a little more than the SeaQ Chronograph, I'd probably go for the Bathyscaphe Ceramic Chrono. Date a 4:30 be damned...

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:16 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm
That TT model is gorgeous. Do it.
Same. A true OG diver pedigree versus a very nice open six diver with a pronounced date wheel. I hate to be the diminishing returns guy on this thread, but give the SPB143 a try (seriously, it's quite nice and i've been here long enough you know what've owned), shake it out of your system, keep or sell, and buy something else for double knowing what you saved.