Before photos: Old f300 Omega Seamaster about to head off for a spa / repair

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BramleyGreg

Before photos: Old f300 Omega Seamaster about to head off for a spa / repair

Post by BramleyGreg » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:16 am

Hi all.

So yeah.. I have shamefully had this thing of beauty sat doing absolutley nothing for a good few years now.
I have been in touch with my guy over here in the UK as he has moved house and has started doing his work on the old Omega / Bulova / insert brand f300 watches again.

I have posted these (poor hahaha) photos up and will post up when it returns back. It won't have a full restoration like if it went to Omega, but this guy is the only person around that I am aware of who works solely on these.

Pictures may contain fluff. :lol:

Watch this space. :thumbsup:

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Re: Before photos: Old f300 Omega Seamaster about to head off for a spa / repair

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:35 am

cool watch and great idea to document the before pictures.....I'm really looking forward to seeing this one back

Wario406
Name: Mike

Re: Before photos: Old f300 Omega Seamaster about to head off for a spa / repair

Post by Wario406 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:00 am

I agree with RMM - cool watch. What work is being done? Pinned this thread and watching. Waiting for hoppy to jump on the “fluffed”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:30 am

Cheers guys...much appreciated.

Wario406 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:00 am
I agree with RMM - cool watch. What work is being done? Pinned this thread and watching. Waiting for hoppy to jump on the “fluffed”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yeah.... here are the details my guy sent in his email:

"I charge £49 for a full service which includes: dis-assembly, clean, inspect all parts, re-assembly, lubrication and regulation....plus a new battery. Any parts required would be extra and so is the return postage. I also do ultrasonic case / bracelet cleaning (£8), crystal polishing (£8) and new crystal replacement (starting at £18 depending on crystal)....plus any other bespoke work you may require. If parts are required, I'd check with you first and if you decide not to go ahead, then just pay for the return postage."

I would hope for a new bezel and it needs a crown also.

I wil be at his mercy for these. I think that he picks up old broken watches for parts with these electric pieces... so he really is a great guy to use for this kind of thing. Like I said.. I don't know of anyone else really in the f300 electronic hummer market.

His prices are also very good... prior to what I require.
That is when it can become tricky. :shrug: :lol:

Greg.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:20 pm

Look forward to seeing how it turns out. I had this F300 a few years ago and loved it. Sold it as I was worried about long term maintenance. Always heard certain parts like the date change mechanism were brittle and difficult to replace.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:03 pm

I can't wait to see what he does with them. Here in the US I was turning away work on these because they were such a mofo to deal with. Good luck with them. They are super cool pieces that deserve some love.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:15 am

Boy oh boy, I'm certainly going to stay tuned Greg ! ;) Imagine if this beauty turns out
like the one Nick is showing in which he used to have? :o That would be incredible to
tell you the truth. And his price seems unbelievably reasonable for everything as well.

I think you can't lose, because the watch actually looks great the way it is, so if he can
fix it up even a little bit, it will be a big win. ..I love just the way the cases are shaped,
as well as how it tapers into the bracelet. And the dial is something to see too as the
effect makes it look ultra deep. 8-)

This is going to be neat Greg, thanks for the news, and good luck ahead of time !!!

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:20 pm

Cheers guys.

It is also getting a new bezel... and perhaps a new full case... but that is dependent on how he feels he may be able to spruce up this current case on it.

Knowing Paul as I do.. he won't try and take the money.. he is honest and would rather renonvate the case, and keep any cases that he has in stock that are NOS... as things like that are hard to come by so he could use it on a further project. He does need to take the bezel from a case however.

I am looking forward to this.

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:24 pm

dnslater wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:20 pm
Look forward to seeing how it turns out. I had this F300 a few years ago and loved it. Sold it as I was worried about long term maintenance. Always heard certain parts like the date change mechanism were brittle and difficult to replace.

Yeah that is a lovely piece mate.

Well my man over here in the UK is the only person really who I know deals with these.

Being in the UK myself... the geography is easy, and no taxes / imports are involved in any servicing.

You can't send anything anywhere these days without people wanting to tax your money... they assume everything is a sale and not simply a repair.

So I am lucky that this guy is over here. :thumbsup:

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 am

Can’t wait to see the “after” results!

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:29 am

I am really excited about this one now...

By the time we have added up the cost of all the components required.. it will only cost £150 or say $180 more for a brand new case.

Plus it will be having a service etc... so my guy reckons it will be coming back "as new."

He has had the flu for a while but as soon as I get it I will photo.

I am well thrilled.

Greg.