SAD NEWS ON THE DWC (John Wilson)

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Dixan

Re: SAD NEWS ON THE DWC (John Wilson)

Post by Dixan » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:38 pm

I’m saddened to hear of this. There was a time, when I considered him a friend, if only in the forums. We lost touch, over time, but I remember he was always straight-forward, and open minded. And he was truly passionate about watches. RIP, John. 🥃

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:24 am

This news is a big shock. I never met John but have known him for many many years on here. We emailed or chatted by message quite often, about all sorts of things, bus driving, truck driving, photography, things that were going on here in the UK or the USA.
All too often it's the good guys that leave us too soon.
R I P John.
Andy :uj:

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:32 am

RIP JW. Sad news.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:34 pm

John - damn that sucks!
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:37 am

the world has lost a true gentleman. thoughts and condolences to his family

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:19 am

Sorry to hear this. He is in a better place if there's a heaven.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am

Sad news. RIP, John.
Lance

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:20 am

RIP John.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:36 pm

So much here to catch up on, coming across John's passing is sad news indeed; RIP John.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:36 pm

RIP, John.

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:34 am

RIP John sorry to hear this news and condolences to his fam and those in the watch fam that were on his list

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am

John's Obit:

https://www.berrymcgreevey.com/obituary/8297216

I paid my respects on Saturday.

As stated in the Obit, John was an RTA bus driver in CLE for many years. He worked afternoons and nights on some tough runs and often told me about some of the characters that got on the bus.
Hobbies were a big part of life for JW.... aside from watches his hobbies included home audio equipment, photography and firearms. Several of the shop owners and employees stopped by Saturday and everyone shared stories about Big John.

As I mentioned, John and I met several times over the years for lunch and then we'd head out watch shopping. Every shop was happy to see John and show him the new items - new or vintage. Always trying to get John to make a sale or trade. Around our 3rd outing John started telling me to jump in the car before we went in. He'd discuss his "gameplan" if he was interested in a certain piece. A few times he'd bring an Omega on leather and tell me to strap it on -- he'd say -let's go in locked and loaded --- him wearing a Rollie and me with one of his Omegas strapped on.

As mentioned by others, John loved his Mustang. When we first met he had the Pontiac, then the Mustangs.... He was the guy with the monthly WASH pass that went every day. Every month or so he'd stop by my office just to say Hi. He'd walk right in and say "You guys got any bearings?"... which is funny as I have maybe $750K at any time on the shelves. Everyone would laugh, the other guy in my office that drives a Mustang would chat with John, then he'd be off.

John didn't have much family -- I don't think he ever married and did not have kids. His nephews set up the services, and his roomate/partner Lynn was the one that called the people John kept in touch with. The room was filled with friends and co-workers - everyone with a John story to tell about good times.

RIP to a good friend. We had a lot of good times and I'll miss hanging out and talking to John Wilson.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:54 am

Thanks for sharing that.
:htfu:

smellody
Name: Christopher

Post by smellody » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:49 am

That is horrible. John was a great guy.

bpax
Name: Bill

Post by bpax » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:13 am

Just seeing this. RIP John. He was one of the good guys.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:03 am

Thanks so much for sharing this , he was such a great guy. I wish I could have attended.
justsellbrgs wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am
John's Obit:

As stated in the Obit, John was an RTA bus driver in CLE for many years. He worked afternoons and nights on some tough runs and often told me about some of the characters that got on the bus.
Hobbies were a big part of life for JW.... aside from watches his hobbies included home audio equipment, photography and firearms. Several of the shop owners and employees stopped by Saturday and everyone shared stories about Big John.

As I mentioned, John and I met several times over the years for lunch and then we'd head out watch shopping. Every shop was happy to see John and show him the new items - new or vintage. Always trying to get John to make a sale or trade. Around our 3rd outing John started telling me to jump in the car before we went in. He'd discuss his "gameplan" if he was interested in a certain piece. A few times he'd bring an Omega on leather and tell me to strap it on -- he'd say -let's go in locked and loaded --- him wearing a Rollie and me with one of his Omegas strapped on.

As mentioned by others, John loved his Mustang. When we first met he had the Pontiac, then the Mustangs.... He was the guy with the monthly WASH pass that went every day. Every month or so he'd stop by my office just to say Hi. He'd walk right in and say "You guys got any bearings?"... which is funny as I have maybe $750K at any time on the shelves. Everyone would laugh, the other guy in my office that drives a Mustang would chat with John, then he'd be off.

John didn't have much family -- I don't think he ever married and did not have kids. His nephews set up the services, and his roomate/partner Lynn was the one that called the people John kept in touch with. The room was filled with friends and co-workers - everyone with a John story to tell about good times.

RIP to a good friend. We had a lot of good times and I'll miss hanging out and talking to John Wilson.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:26 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:John's Obit:

Thanks so much for sharing. RIP to one of the good guys.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:03 pm

Christ, I just saw this. RIP John.
:cry:

Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Name: Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:29 am

Very sad to read this, rest in peace John

Image Image

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:53 am

Very sad to hear and peace, love and respect to John and his family. RIP x

MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:31 pm

Thanks for sharing. An OG DWCer. Always loved his posts.

Slipkid
Name: AJ

Post by Slipkid » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:01 pm

Just seeing this now…RIP John. Rolexes and Mustangs, a man after my own heart.

Condolences to the family. He will be missed.
Cheers,
AJ
----
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Cabaiguan
Name: Raf

Post by Cabaiguan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:45 pm

Cancer sux. RIP Mr. Wilson.
"A ship of war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell