Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

ZRC GF38

Post by demer03 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:22 am

Dammit ZRC. Take my money now.

A true expression of the spirit of the Grands Fonds, the references of the Réédition 38mm line recapture the look of the diving watches created in the 1960s. All are designed to match the aesthetics of the original models as closely as possible and in every detail. Worn in a sporty chic or pure diver’s style, these boldly designed timepieces will grace both men’s and women’s wrists with casual elegance.

Indeed, just as sturdy as the watches made for the French Navy, their one-piece case in 316L steel features a brand new diameter measuring 39mm. Their construction profits from the research carried out on the programmed deformation of material to withstand the enormous pressures encountered under the seas and oceans. Indeed, as with all ZRC watches, these incorporate the latest technical innovations ensuring proven water resistance to a depth of 300 meters after a battery of tests at a depth of 1,000 meters.

Along with the iconic crown at 6 o’clock, the dials and bezels are in keeping with the ZRC style including the famous “lollipop” second hand. Depending on the variation, the watch comes with a choice of Magnum-type hour and minute hands, a date, and a precise graduated scale. The dial components are finished with a high-intensity Super-LumiNova X1 coating to ensure optimal legibility.

As with all ZRC watches “designed by divers for divers”, the Grands Fonds Réédition 38mm references are powered by a highly reliable self-winding caliber, the Sellita SW-200 in its advanced version.

Closer to the originals. Need one.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Re: ZRC GF38

Post by jswing » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:49 am

I really liked the previous generation, but the bracelet wouldn't fit a wrist smaller than 7", so this may make it viable for those of us with smaller wrists. It's only 1mm smaller than the previous gen, but if they're marketing it as sporty chic for women, presumably they made the bracelet fit better. Cool watch, but it seems they're stealing a page from Tudor with the "lifestyle" marketing.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:59 am

The mm difference I like, but the bracelet change is what really has me interested. The lighter gauge and link flexibility has me on board. I’ll give it a whirl.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:32 am

thanks for this mike.
only echoing what you two already said.
i'm still wearing the first reissue, love it. but i have the same problem as jefe, in that I can't make the bracelet small enough, so wear on nato exclusively. which is a shame b/c the bracelet is such a critical component of the original design.
and, much like my aegirs, i personally would prefer 22mm lug width given the case size.
if bracelet goes to 6, i'm in! :excited:

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:42 am

jtbenson wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:32 am
thanks for this mike.
only echoing what you two already said.
i'm still wearing the first reissue, love it. but i have the same problem as jefe, in that I can't make the bracelet small enough, so wear on nato exclusively. which is a shame b/c the bracelet is such a critical component of the original design.
and, much like my aegirs, i personally would prefer 22mm lug width given the case size.
if bracelet goes to 6, i'm in! :excited:
I will
Be buying before years end and will do a review.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:31 am

What a watch, AND bracelet Mike ! :excited: 8-)

It’s not every watch out there that is able to stand out in the crowd. But the
Grands Fonds does it easily, not to mention in it’s regular form. However, this
new 38mm version actually seems to take everything the original did, and
improves it. ;) From the more traditional size, to extraordinary design all
the way around these are going to be a hit sir.

And it will be crazy cool seeing one on your wrist that is for sure ! :o

Cannot thank you enough for the news about this !!!