Done with Fleabay

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Done with Fleabay

Post by demer03 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:32 am

Shutting my account down. They have gotten harder and harder to deal with and have increased their fees to an eye watering level.

The breaking point is my most recent sale. Not only did they take 15% PLUS listing fees, they have arbitrarily decided that my activity could possibly be a danger to their members…WTF?? 23 years and 100% positive feedback. They have suspended my account until I provide “proof of delivery” on an international shipment.

I used their system to generate the label and dropped it off at the PO. The customs number is auto generated and already shown in the “track your shipment” feature. USPS international will not track to destination. Basically, they are holding my money until the buyer proves receipt??

Since the separation with PayPal, this is unusable.

Fuck ‘em. Closing account after this.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Re: Done with Fleabay

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:08 am

Good on ya, that place is insufferable and I welcome it’s demise

Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Name: Alex

Post by Morethan1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 am

Did you notice PayPal now hides all emails? They have dumbed down their system over the years making it nearly unusable.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:44 am

They're buyer protection has suffered immensely. I was buying some OnePlus charging cables because OnePlus's website is almost always sold out. Received counterfeit items, showed proof and they wanted me to ship them back at my cost which is not what their rules state back to the buyer. I explained again that they were counterfeit showing pictures to explain and they flat out denied my claim. It was all only over $40 but I closed my account over it. PayPal buyer protection stated that I had to show proof that eBay made a decision and they wouldn't go against eBay's decision. I'll never do business with them again. I've had so many issues with eBay that wasted my time, but this is the first time I actually got screwed out of money. I stopped selling there a long time ago due to the amount of people that would bid and never respond, on average listing 3-4 times before the winning bid would actually pay.

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 am

Wow, it's 15% now? It was bad enough at 10%.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:18 am

Morethan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 am
Did you notice PayPal now hides all emails?
Do you mean eBay? If so, that's not new, they've been doing that for years.

I like eBay as a buyer, but wouldn't use it as a seller.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:19 am

Sounds like AI, Mike.

IIRC, Marc Frankel (Long Island Watch) stopped selling on Amazon because their AI was flagging his items (watches and watch accessories) as contraband.

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

I only use ePrey as a buyer at this point... they've turned it into a horrible minefield for sellers :bird:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:40 am

I suffered a similar incident Mike. I have 100% feedback and have been a member since 2006 and they treated me like shit. I'll remain a buyer but not a seller...
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:05 am

USPS international is also a joke. They basically drop the package with whatever mail system the receiving country use with no accountability. When you contact USPS they can't give you any info who the item was given to. I have lost a lot of money shipping overseas over the last 6 years.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:18 am

Agreed. Only as a buyer.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Wario406

Done with Fleabay

Post by Wario406 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:19 am

I agree and have shared my feedback with them numerous times. TOO EXPENSIVE AND TOO MANY HIDDEN FEES! And, I got screwed by their international shipping - sold a computer to a guy in the UK and the box arrived smashed to hell - try getting ahold of third shipping company. You won’t. I ended up refunding the money to the buyer - then they were gonna charge me to ship the same aged box/item back!

It does have a great buyer audience- but as a seller your really get beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:25 am

Man, so sorry about all of that Mike. I have actually only bought things on ebay,
but it sounds like it has become crazy if you are a seller evidently. Honestly had
no idea what you had to go through, and then to be a great member for 23 years
as well, and have this happenl?! :o :salute:

You have to wonder what they are thinking, or how they are thinking with all of
this. And I'm sure it's happening with tons of other people too.

I guess the best thong to do is maybe to look at it as a blessing in disguise sir.
Now you'll just go somewhere else. ..See it all works out. ;)

It defiitely sounds like a maddening thing to go through Mike, but look at the
bright side, now you don't have to deal with the stress anymore. ..Can't thank
you enough for taking the time to tell us about all of this !!!

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:41 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:05 am
USPS international is also a joke. They basically drop the package with whatever mail system the receiving country use with no accountability. When you contact USPS they can't give you any info who the item was given to. I have lost a lot of money shipping overseas over the last 6 years.
I lost a sbga029 to mike in kuala lumpur like this. One of the most corrupt mail system in the world.

I sent it registered and may have well put a target on the box.

Mike spent weeks trying to recover but it was stolen immediately upon hitting their airport. USPS said they couldn’t do anything to recover.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:03 am

sierra11b wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:41 am
toxicavenger wrote:
I lost a sbga029 to mike in kuala lumpur like this. One of the most corrupt mail system in the world.

Mike spent weeks trying to recover but it was stolen immediately upon hitting their airport. USPS said they couldn’t do anything to recover.
i remember that. i lost a Speedy that way. :puke:

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:12 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Yep. I’m going to only sell CONUS unless it’s a friend from now on.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:57 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:03 am
sierra11b wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:41 am
toxicavenger wrote:

i remember that. i lost a Speedy that way. :puke:
Ugh. It took me awhile to get beyond that loss.

My buddy sold an Apollo 15 speedy to Mike years later without hiccup.

The lesson learned was 1) don’t ship usps international, 2) if you insist do not use registered mail even though it claims to be the most secure method; it’s only a secure as the postal system in the country, and 3) establish so the buyer assumes risk — never did this with Mike but I know he would have been good for it if we had. But the agreement is only worth the buyer’s integrity

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:36 am

Wow…told 72 days until they will release my funds. Fuck eBay.

Hello Michael,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. We understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. We have outlined the requirements below:

Please allow us to explain what information we still need:

- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.
- Documentation that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. Documentation that will help us verify your items can include either manufacture invoices or receipts. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement. (NOTE: This documentation must show your suppliers' information, items purchased, quantity purchased, price per unit and your payment information.)

Sellers ship the item to a domestic Global Shipping Center, which handles the international customs process and sends the item to the buyer.

There are four types of costs involved when you buy an item listed under Global Shipping:
1. Item cost
2. Domestic leg shipping cost. If a domestic shipping cost was specified by the seller, then this cost is sent to the seller so that they can ship the item to our specified location. Then our shipping partner will forward the item to you after completing documentation.
3. International leg shipping cost: This is the cost which is sent to our shipping partner so they can ship the item to your specified location after they receive it from the seller.
4. Import duties: if any import cost is applicable, you pay it up front to ensure that when you receive the package, you don’t have to pay anything else.

Here's more information about the Global Shipping Program:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to compile this information. Please upload the above requested information to the following link below:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?dep ... Management

1. Click on the above link and sign in using your eBay user ID and password.
2. Click ‘Continue’
3. Select the documents needing to be uploaded by clicking ‘Browse’. Once they are selected, choose the Document Type from the drop down list.
4. Select send and wait for the confirmation to appear to ensure your documents have been submitted for review

-- Note --
- It may take up to 3 business days to review your information.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible and look forward to receiving your documentation.

Kind Regards,

Sue
eBay Trust and Safety

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:54 am

They want your drivers license and credit card / bank statement to verify you? Damn, this sounds more like a phishing scam than an actual EBAY email.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:58 am

It sucks eBay screwed you. I have never sold on eBay only in person and sales on forums if I ever sold and I rarely sale so I keep all no dam fees to eBay. I am only a buyer on eBay and it’s been a while last watch I bought was off the MWR PX. But I am slowing down on this hobby lately. Hope you get paid for the watch you sold on fleabay.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:05 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:54 am
They want your drivers license and credit card / bank statement to verify you? Damn, this sounds more like a phishing scam than an actual EBAY email.
Exactly! That’s what I thought it was but it’s in my dashboard messages. The overseas woman was zero help. 60-72 days.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:41 am

I’m afraid I went a little bit postal in response. Sarcasm high, language questionable. It sort of worked. Weird response but monies released and will be in my bank Monday.

Response (mind you, I’m 23 years and 546-100% positive) :
Hello Michael,

We appreciate the information that you have provided and have reviewed your case. In light of the additional details, it has been decided to adjust the restriction on your account.

Our goal is to make sure eBay is a safe and trusted marketplace. In our continued effort to help meet our goal, we've introduced account limits to all of our sellers. Many members already have limits placed on their account. Account limits allow us to learn about your selling activity and make sure you're adhering to our selling practices policy and performance standards. Limits vary by seller and can change over time. These limits are not in place as a consequence, rather as a preventative measure to help our seller's keep from becoming overwhelmed with large increases in account activity.

These limits will allow you to continue selling while also allowing us to monitor your incoming Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings, and any customer complaints.

During this time, we want to confirm you are creating a solid selling foundation by ensuring you are focused on creating great transactions for your customers. Doing so will greatly increase the chances of having a successful eBay business and help to avoid any future account issues that may arise. Please understand that the actions we have taken do not mean your account performance is not good, but we do this to help all eBay sellers further improve their selling history and account performance. The selling limit on your account is based on the number and dollar amount of open (active) items and successfully sold items per calendar month.

You can now sell up to 100 items monthly or up to $5000.00 monthly.
(Keep in mind that this includes multiple quantity listings which can greatly influence this number.)

If you do reach one of these amounts during a month you will be unable to list additional items or increase the price or quantity of your active items until some of your items end without a winning bidder or until the 1st of the next calendar month, (If you are still exceeding the selling limit at the first of the next calendar month your selling activity will continue to be blocked.)

If you do reach the limits on your account and want to increase your sales, please work within the limit for at least 30 days. Once that time frame has passed (13 Sep 2022), please reply to this message, and we will conduct a review to see if adjustments are appropriate. We ask that you do not use or create any other eBay accounts during this time. If we determine that circumvention has taken place, it is possible that all accounts could be suspended indefinitely.

We hope that you will use this selling limit to your advantage and focus on succeeding with your current sales. We value you as a seller and hope to work with you in order to establish a strong selling history and successful business relationship. It is in our best interest to help our sellers succeed so that we can have a positive trading environment and eliminate bad buying experiences on the site.

Kind Regards,

Aubrey
eBay Trust and Safety

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:44 am

demer03 wrote:Wow…told 72 days until they will release my funds. Fuck eBay.

Hello Michael,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. We understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. We have outlined the requirements below:

- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.
- Documentation that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. Documentation that will help us verify your items can include either manufacture invoices or receipts. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement. (NOTE: This documentation must show your suppliers' information, items purchased, quantity purchased, price per unit and your payment information.)

Sellers ship the item to a domestic Global Shipping Center, which handles the international customs process and sends the item to the buyer.

There are four types of costs involved when you buy an item listed under Global Shipping:
1. Item cost
2. Domestic leg shipping cost. If a domestic shipping cost was specified by the seller, then this cost is sent to the seller so that they can ship the item to our specified location. Then our shipping partner will forward the item to you after completing documentation.
3. International leg shipping cost: This is the cost which is sent to our shipping partner so they can ship the item to your specified location after they receive it from the seller.
4. Import duties: if any import cost is applicable, you pay it up front to ensure that when you receive the package, you don’t have to pay anything else.

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to compile this information. Please upload the above requested information to the following link below:

2. Click ‘Continue’
3. Select the documents needing to be uploaded by clicking ‘Browse’. Once they are selected, choose the Document Type from the drop down list.
4. Select send and wait for the confirmation to appear to ensure your documents have been submitted for review

-- Note --

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible and look forward to receiving your documentation.

Kind Regards,

Sue
eBay Trust and Safety
This is absolutely ridiculous!! Proof of purchase, your license and a copy of a credit card , utility or bank bill? Am I getting a passport or selling on eBay?
No way I would give eBay all that info.
Insane!

How much money are we talking here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:49 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:44 am
demer03 wrote:Wow…told 72 days until they will release my funds. Fuck eBay.

Hello Michael,

1. Item cost

2. Click ‘Continue’

-- Note --

Kind Regards,

Sue
eBay Trust and Safety
This is absolutely ridiculous!! Proof of purchase, your license and a copy of a credit card , utility or bank bill? Am I getting a passport or selling on eBay?
No way I would give eBay all that info.
Insane!

How much money are we talking here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
$1800

Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Name: Alex

Post by Morethan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 am

logan2z wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:18 am
Morethan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 am
Did you notice PayPal now hides all emails?
Do you mean eBay? If so, that's not new, they've been doing that for years.

I like eBay as a buyer, but wouldn't use it as a seller.
No I mean PayPal
Go to your contacts or messages, no emails to be found.