OCEAN7 RE-LAUNCH

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Re: OCEAN7 RE-LAUNCH

Post by jimyritz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:30 am

Best of luck-- I think I had an LM-3 back in the day..

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:19 am

Not my watch, but as I recall it was around 2002-2004. From the web:

https://watchcharts.com/listing/340054/ ... ed-edition

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am

Didn't know anything about this Mr. O'Malley :o

Wow, very exciting news ! ..Always thought Ocean 7 was such a cool company,
or brand. And it sounds like you have some really great ideas, and watches up
your sleeve. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm going to go, and visit the site right now. :) ..Can't thank you enough for
letting us know about this !

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:05 am

I was one of those burnt badly by the old owner. In fact, it was my very first step into the WIS world and not a good one. So I’m not sorry to see the old regime go.

I am looking forward to see what you have planned in the future. You seem like a good dude, and hope to see you around DWC!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

340pd
Name: Patrick O'Malley

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:39 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:32 pm
340pd wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:12 pm
Yeah, I was in on the original Ocean-7 LE and was disappointed at where all that went. Good luck.
OCEAN7 LE? Not sure what you mean.....I know there was some bad customer service issues in the past. I read through some of the old posts here and on WUS.
As the new owner you should probably research the brand history. The very first watch was a limited edition that was somewhat special (for what it was).
Apologies for that. I did as much research as I could, I must have missed that. I would like to know more....The previous owner wasn't very forthcoming with everything. It was a pretty large task taking over the company. Legal fees, traveling and shipping and a fair amount of political rd tape.
Here lies the body of Mary McGee,
Died at the age of a hundred and three,
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:46 pm

bedlam wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:50 pm
340pd wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:17 pm
340pd wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:16 pm
bedlam wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:08 pm
I loved my Ocean7. One of my best experiences with a micro watch.

Good to hear! I have an LM-2AD and an LM-5 I bought 10 years ago before purchasing the company. I still wear both to this day. The LM-2AD has been a solid watch! I wore it constantly at the firearms range when I was a range instructor with my P.D. That thing has been put through the paces and still running strong. I'm retired now but still use it. The LM-5 gets a lot of water use as I live near the ocean. No issues and I've had it serviced just once.
Btw your images didn't post....would love to see what you posted
Rats. They show for me. Links below:

http://www.wellnet.com.au/pics/Ocean7%2 ... er%200.jpg

http://www.wellnet.com.au/pics/Ocean7%2 ... er%204.jpg
Wow great piece! We're planning a dive chronograph in the future and want to make it mechanical. The movements have gotten rather expensive and a little tough to source. Probably go with a Sellita SW510. ETA movements are scarce and expensive at the moment
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:48 pm

jimyritz wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:30 am
Best of luck-- I think I had an LM-3 back in the day..
Thank you so much! BTW the LM-3 is one of my personal favorites. It wears really well and has somewhat of a vintage classic vibe.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:55 pm

manitoujoe wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:05 am
I was one of those burnt badly by the old owner. In fact, it was my very first step into the WIS world and not a good one. So I’m not sorry to see the old regime go.

I am looking forward to see what you have planned in the future. You seem like a good dude, and hope to see you around DWC!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did do a fair amount of forum reading here and on WUS. Customer service seemed to be the biggest problem with OCEAN7 back in the day. Rest assured there won't be any of that with us moving forward.

As stated, we want to come up with some new designs and shrink down some of the original designs. We first have to see what sells well then go from there.

Thanks for the comment and I'll be around DWC. I posted here because I respect the opinions from the forum members. :thumbsup:
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:04 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am
Didn't know anything about this Mr. O'Malley :o

Wow, very exciting news ! ..Always thought Ocean 7 was such a cool company,
or brand. And it sounds like you have some really great ideas, and watches up
your sleeve. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm going to go, and visit the site right now. :) ..Can't thank you enough for
letting us know about this !
Thank you so much for the comment , it means a lot and you're welcome!. I too thought OCEAN7 was rather unique when I stumbled on it years ago, but the website needed some improvement and brand exposure was lacking. When my partner and I heard it was up for sale we jumped on it.

We are going to see how things go this first year then hit the drawing board and come up with something new. A mechanical chronograph is one we're looking hard at. My Watchmaker partner is kind of a purist when it comes to chronographs

Thanks for visiting the website! Feedback is always welcome.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:11 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:19 am

We have more LM-1 versions on the website. Bead blasted cases and PVD with various dial options. It's a chunky piece, but bomb proof! I've been wearing one around to promote the brand. I'm retired Navy and a retired cop and I have gotten some really good feedback from military and firefighters. I also live in a military town here in San Diego.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 pm

BTW there are going to be more bezel options for the LM-1 as well
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Thanks for the comment. Enjoy!
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:47 pm

rhorya wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:04 am
I have the Meteor titanium LM-4, and the LM-8.

I like the Meteor very much, the titanium wears light on the wrist and the sandwich dial is nicely done with good enough lume.

The LM-8 is a monster watch. The male end links makes the watch have a much larger presence on the wrist. Female end links would have eased the fixed size presence of the watch on the wrist, but not much for the overall weight. It is a heavy watch.

Other than those observations each has a top grade eta movement and run very well.

I almost pulled the trigger on the gmt, but didn’t care for the hands. The lume was cut off from the tips of the hands ending up with club looking sticks in the dark which isn’t a good look.

Good luck Pat O’Malley. The website now shows it’s a veteran owned business, I don’t recall if that was the previous owner or are you as the new guy? But as a veteran myself I like to support veteran microbrands.
I love the LM-4 Titanium! I would like to shrink it down to 42mm, but we have to see. Yes I agree the LM-8 is a beast. We are completely out of the that piece though. If there is some more interest we may bring it back. I agree on the end link issue, female end links would make it wear a bit better.

Which GMT did you have an issue with? Was it the G1 or the LM-5 GMT?

As far a the website, YES I am a veteran of 20 years U.S. Navy and a retired cop to boot. The previous owner had no military affiliation. Nice to hear from a Veteran!

Thanks so much for your comments
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:48 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:30 am
Whilst I've never owned one, I am happy the brand under new management and looking forward to what happens next.
Good Luck

Thanks so much!
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:37 am
LM-6 (I think) was my very first micro about a decade ago. It was a nice watch. Would buy again.
We hav more LM-6 models with different dial variations and a GMT!
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 pm

aikiman44 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 am
The first GTG I attended the as in Manhattan back in the day. Best of luck!
Thanks!
Capt. Quint.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:54 pm

340pd wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:19 am

We have more LM-1 versions on the website. Bead blasted cases and PVD with various dial options. It's a chunky piece, but bomb proof! I've been wearing one around to promote the brand. I'm retired Navy and a retired cop and I have gotten some really good feedback from military and firefighters. I also live in a military town here in San Diego.
Yes, I also owned the lume dial version with multiple bezels. It didn’t compare to the original, which was thinner and had a classy feel. As I recall, it was intended to follow the Dreadnought in using a similar design.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm

I always wanted an LM6 GMT in yellow and never bought, glad to see the brand back.

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:44 pm

340pd wrote:
rhorya wrote:

I like the Meteor very much, the titanium wears light on the wrist and the sandwich dial is nicely done with good enough lume.

The LM-8 is a monster watch. The male end links makes the watch have a much larger presence on the wrist. Female end links would have eased the fixed size presence of the watch on the wrist, but not much for the overall weight. It is a heavy watch.

Other than those observations each has a top grade eta movement and run very well.

I almost pulled the trigger on the gmt, but didn’t care for the hands. The lume was cut off from the tips of the hands ending up with club looking sticks in the dark which isn’t a good look.

Good luck Pat O’Malley. The website now shows it’s a veteran owned business, I don’t recall if that was the previous owner or are you as the new guy? But as a veteran myself I like to support veteran microbrands.
I love the LM-4 Titanium! I would like to shrink it down to 42mm, but we have to see. Yes I agree the LM-8 is a beast. We are completely out of the that piece though. If there is some more interest we may bring it back. I agree on the end link issue, female end links would make it wear a bit better.

As far a the website, YES I am a veteran of 20 years U.S. Navy and a retired cop to boot. The previous owner had no military affiliation. Nice to hear from a Veteran!

Also 22 years active and reserve Navy vet, plus a bunch of years in the Merchant Marines beforehand.

Yes the gmt was the lm-5.

As you can see the lume on the hands gets chopped and so the look is like cutoff billy clubs. Not a look I’m a fan of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Hope you do well. Also retired Navy 4 years active duty the rest in the reserve a total 22 years would of stayed longer but high year tenure got me in the end. Just put in your retirement paper work early before age 60 they are very slow starting your retirement pay. I know.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Torrid wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm
I always wanted an LM6 GMT in yellow and never bought, glad to see the brand back.
It's good to know there are still fans out there. We're hoping to make the brand better than before. I really like the LM-6 GMT. The blue dial is my favorite. The carbon dial is cool too.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:10 pm

rhorya wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:44 pm
340pd wrote:
rhorya wrote:

Also 22 years active and reserve Navy vet, plus a bunch of years in the Merchant Marines beforehand.

Yes the gmt was the lm-5.

As you can see the lume on the hands gets chopped and so the look is like cutoff billy clubs. Not a look I’m a fan of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea I know what you mean. The previous owner was going for the BP Fifty Fathoms look with that piece. I thing extending the lume all the way out would ne more functional and give the watch more individual character
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:16 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:11 pm
340pd wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:58 pm
So the LM3 V2 you have in stock- is this like old stock or were these made recently?

I guess it’s been just over 10 years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the LM-3s we have are the original design. All of them were recently assembled from existing cases and dials.
Can you say what movement it has? Website just says Swiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if my last answer went through. Still getting use to this forum. We have a mixed bag of ETA 2824 and Sellita SW200 in all of our watches. I would have to check with my watchmaker to see whats in the LM-3. If there is a specific movement of the two you want we can make it happen. Both movements are solid options. ETA has been hard to source as of late. We're probably going to go with Sellita across the board in the future.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Torrid wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm
We can do a yellow dial LM-6 GMT, but the numbers on the chapter ring would be orange. We tried the look and it didn't work. We may order different chapter rings in the future if the model sells well :thumbsup:
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 pm

bedlam wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:50 pm
340pd wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:17 pm
340pd wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:16 pm
bedlam wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:08 pm
I loved my Ocean7. One of my best experiences with a micro watch.

Good to hear! I have an LM-2AD and an LM-5 I bought 10 years ago before purchasing the company. I still wear both to this day. The LM-2AD has been a solid watch! I wore it constantly at the firearms range when I was a range instructor with my P.D. That thing has been put through the paces and still running strong. I'm retired now but still use it. The LM-5 gets a lot of water use as I live near the ocean. No issues and I've had it serviced just once.
Btw your images didn't post....would love to see what you posted
Rats. They show for me. Links below:

http://www.wellnet.com.au/pics/Ocean7%2 ... er%200.jpg

http://www.wellnet.com.au/pics/Ocean7%2 ... er%204.jpg
Love the chronograph! We're planning on a mechanical chronograph in the future. We thought of using the LM-6 case design for that. Just have to see what the masses prefer when we're ready to pull the trigger on the project.
Capt. Quint.