Torrid
Name: Heath

Re: OCEAN7 RE-LAUNCH

Post by Torrid » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:23 pm

340pd wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:19 pm
Torrid wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm
I always wanted an LM6 GMT in yellow and never bought, glad to see the brand back.
We can do a yellow dial LM-6 GMT, but the numbers on the chapter ring would be orange. We tried the look and it didn't work. We may order different chapter rings in the future if the model sells well :thumbsup:
Is it a black chapter ring? Would it be possible to do white markings?

340pd
Name: Patrick O'Malley

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:33 pm

River Rat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:06 pm
Hope you do well. Also retired Navy 4 years active duty the rest in the reserve a total 22 years would of stayed longer but high year tenure got me in the end. Just put in your retirement paper work early before age 60 they are very slow starting your retirement pay. I know.

Thank you! I did 20 years 6 months active duty so I've been collecting my retirement pay since. It was nice when I was a cop. The military insurance was cheap and better than what the city provided. Now Im a retired cop and double dipping :lol: OCEAN7 is my new project!
Here lies the body of Mary McGee,
Died at the age of a hundred and three,
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Torrid wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:23 pm
340pd wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:19 pm
Torrid wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm
I always wanted an LM6 GMT in yellow and never bought, glad to see the brand back.
We can do a yellow dial LM-6 GMT, but the numbers on the chapter ring would be orange. We tried the look and it didn't work. We may order different chapter rings in the future if the model sells well :thumbsup:
Is it a black chapter ring? Would it be possible to do white markings?
Yes it would however we don't have any black chapter rings with white numerals at the moment. That will be in the future when we order more.....trying to line up a decent vendor at the moment.
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:43 pm

I think the downfall I remember was the lm7 ploprof homage with a 58 click bezel. And all the rationalizing that this was the way it was supposed to be. When some one took it apart, and showed the underside of the bezel it was frankly a cluster.

The original lm-1 le was fantastic, but if I remember correctly there never was parts or plans to make it a permanent design. A one off. The newer lm1 was ok…and the lume dial was my favorite. It just didn’t have the same feel as the lm-1le.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:52 pm

tmw wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:43 pm
I think the downfall I remember was the lm7 ploprof homage with a 58 click bezel. And all the rationalizing that this was the way it was supposed to be. When some one took it apart, and showed the underside of the bezel it was frankly a cluster.

The original lm-1 le was fantastic, but if I remember correctly there never was parts or plans to make it a permanent design. A one off. The newer lm1 was ok…and the lume dial was my favorite. It just didn’t have the same feel as the lm-1le.
. Yea I read through all of the LM-7 posts here. There was a lot of flack over that issue. All of our LM-7s now have a 60 click bezel. Not sure why it would have been a 58 click bezel which to be doesn't make any sense.
Capt. Quint.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm

I appreciate the nostalgia of bringing back O7, but I think there's stiff competition at the website prices. As you know, you'll also have the hurdle of the bad customer service reputation to overcome. I hope you've got some cool designs up your sleeve. I'm not a buyer of any of these at $500, let alone $1000+, but I always appreciate those who are will to take the risk associated with an endeavor like this. I'd like to see you work something out with Todd (of Aegir) to bring his design back as a collab as well. (O7 x Aegir, lol).

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:10 pm

340pd wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Hello DWC Members,

My name is Pat O'Malley and I would like to announce that OCEAN7 is under new ownership!

I teamed up with a watchmaker and we have recently launched a new website. You may see a lot familiar models with a slightly different look. Our goal is to bring the brand back and come up with some fresh new designs. We have to first find out which models are popular and we would also like to shrink some of the cases down to the 42,40mm size, but we have to turn a profit first.

Come visit us at ocean7watchco.com

Feedback is welcome
HEY GUYS I ALMOST FORGOT! WE'RE ON INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER AS WELL. MY PARTNER DIVES AND THERE IS A GREAT PIC OF THE CP1 IN ACTION SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA :thumbsup:
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:02 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm
I appreciate the nostalgia of bringing back O7, but I think there's stiff competition at the website prices. As you know, you'll also have the hurdle of the bad customer service reputation to overcome. I hope you've got some cool designs up your sleeve. I'm not a buyer of any of these at $500, let alone $1000+, but I always appreciate those who are will to take the risk associated with an endeavor like this. I'd like to see you work something out with Todd (of Aegir) to bring his design back as a collab as well. (O7 x Aegir, lol).
I appreciate your comment. Yes the customer service in the past left a lot be desired. We are dedicated to making sure that reputation is forgotten. I realize the prices may seem a bit high however, since the brand was launched years ago prices for materials and movements has gone up exponentially. We're trying to stay competitive with other brands that house Swiss mechanical movements. We do have some new ideas brewing, but we have to turn a profit first. Didn't know Aegir wasn't around anymore....
Capt. Quint.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:40 pm

340pd wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:11 pm
340pd wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:58 pm
So the LM3 V2 you have in stock- is this like old stock or were these made recently?

I guess it’s been just over 10 years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the LM-3s we have are the original design. All of them were recently assembled from existing cases and dials.
Can you say what movement it has? Website just says Swiss.

Not sure if my last answer went through. Still getting use to this forum. We have a mixed bag of ETA 2824 and Sellita SW200 in all of our watches. I would have to check with my watchmaker to see whats in the LM-3. If there is a specific movement of the two you want we can make it happen. Both movements are solid options. ETA has been hard to source as of late. We're probably going to go with Sellita across the board in the future.
Nice. I much prefer ETA but I’ve heard they are hard to come by as well.

Found an old pic

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:50 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:40 pm
340pd wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:11 pm
340pd wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:58 pm
So the LM3 V2 you have in stock- is this like old stock or were these made recently?

I guess it’s been just over 10 years…

Yes the LM-3s we have are the original design. All of them were recently assembled from existing cases and dials.
Can you say what movement it has? Website just says Swiss.

Not sure if my last answer went through. Still getting use to this forum. We have a mixed bag of ETA 2824 and Sellita SW200 in all of our watches. I would have to check with my watchmaker to see whats in the LM-3. If there is a specific movement of the two you want we can make it happen. Both movements are solid options. ETA has been hard to source as of late. We're probably going to go with Sellita across the board in the future.
Nice. I much prefer ETA but I’ve heard they are hard to come by as well.

Found an old pic

LM-3 looks good! Yes the ETA movements are hard to come by these days and the ones that are available command a premium. Overall the Sellita SW200 stacks up pretty well against the ETA 2824 and they are more readily available. The new Ronda R150 mechanical is another we are considering, but they are so new that the jury is still out. :think:
Capt. Quint.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:04 pm

I definitely liked O7 back in the day. I think I had an LM6, but I’m curious about what else. I don’t remember right now; I need to look through old photos.
:htfu:

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:04 pm
I definitely liked O7 back in the day. I think I had an LM6, but I’m curious about what else. I don’t remember right now; I need to look through old photos.
Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in seeing some old photos :thumbsup:
Capt. Quint.

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 am

As a hobby watchmaker myself, I am a fan of the ETA movements. They are reliable and the QA/QC means consistency and easy to work on, swap parts, and regulate.

Selitta cut their teeth being a sub-supplier of ebauches and finished pieces to ETA. After the patents expired on ETA designs, Sellita modded the designs enough to make them their own. The parts are not interchangeable between Sellita and ETA.

The issues I have with Sellita are quality related. My experience is that the keyless parts don’t hold up as well and seem to be of softer metallurgy than ETA. Also the date advance quickset wears out more often than ETA.

The top grade versions seem to be better quality as I’ve personally not had any issues with them yet.

I’ve swapped out Sellita movements for ETA in a number of watches including some of my own.

So I tend to hold Sellita in a lower confidence as a movement than ETA. Granted Swatch is making it harder to get them.

Other ETA clone movements coming into the market are Soprod, STP, and Ronda R-150.

Otherwise you’re looking at Seiko or Miyota.

My two cents, FWIW.

Cheers!

Btw, both my brothers are retired cops too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:40 am

340pd wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:33 pm
River Rat wrote:
Hope you do well. Also retired Navy 4 years active duty the rest in the reserve a total 22 years would of stayed longer but high year tenure got me in the end. Just put in your retirement paper work early before age 60 they are very slow starting your retirement pay. I know.

Thank you! I did 20 years 6 months active duty so I've been collecting my retirement pay since. It was nice when I was a cop. The military insurance was cheap and better than what the city provided. Now Im a retired cop and double dipping :lol: OCEAN7 is my new project!
The city I worked for the medical was not bad. Still use it retired since it’s cheap started using tricare west since last year since it’s 150 a year but just went up to 158 a year it covers any thing Blue Cross Blue Shield don’t cover. My family like 3-4 generation Navy from WW1 to me being the last no one in the family wants to join the military end of the line like a lot of families.

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:34 am

Hello Pat, Welcome to the forum. It is great to hear you are resurrecting the O7 brand. I've photographed many of the O7 watches over the years for the previous owner Mitch. I've owned a bunch of O7 watches as well. I still have my original LM-7 Ploprof. It was a leader in homages before any of the others.

I'm really looking forward to where to take the O7 brand.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:59 am

River Rat wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:40 am
340pd wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:33 pm
River Rat wrote:

The city I worked for the medical was not bad. Still use it retired since it’s cheap started using tricare west since last year since it’s 150 a year but just went up to 158 a year it covers any thing Blue Cross Blue Shield don’t cover. My family like 3-4 generation Navy from WW1 to me being the last no one in the family wants to join the military end of the line like a lot of families.
Yea I'm pretty happy with TRICARE. The only hassle is my wife and I live so close to a naval base that we have to go in to the North Island clinic for referrals then to Balboa. It's kind of a pain because the clinic is so small and they're really busy with all the active duty.

BTW I'm only generation Navy after my father. My brother was a marine for about 3.5 years. He was in Beirut during the embassy siege, 32nd MAU C Company. He got out after one tour then joined the Navy and retired shortly after ai did. He was aircrew too. He started in A-3s, VAQ-33 in Panama Ci ty then to D.C. in C-20s at Andrews A.F.B. then he retired in Hawaii at M.C.A.S. Kaneohe.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 am

rhorya wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 am
As a hobby watchmaker myself, I am a fan of the ETA movements. They are reliable and the QA/QC means consistency and easy to work on, swap parts, and regulate.

Selitta cut their teeth being a sub-supplier of ebauches and finished pieces to ETA. After the patents expired on ETA designs, Sellita modded the designs enough to make them their own. The parts are not interchangeable between Sellita and ETA.

The issues I have with Sellita are quality related. My experience is that the keyless parts don’t hold up as well and seem to be of softer metallurgy than ETA. Also the date advance quickset wears out more often than ETA.

The top grade versions seem to be better quality as I’ve personally not had any issues with them yet.

I’ve swapped out Sellita movements for ETA in a number of watches including some of my own.

So I tend to hold Sellita in a lower confidence as a movement than ETA. Granted Swatch is making it harder to get them.

Other ETA clone movements coming into the market are Soprod, STP, and Ronda R-150.

My two cents, FWIW.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply! Yea I did some research on Sellita and was aware of the brand history and their relationship with ETA. I would like to read your take on the Ronda R-150. It's so new there isn't a lot out there yet.
Capt. Quint.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:06 am

340pd wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 am
rhorya wrote:

My two cents, FWIW.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply! Yea I did some research on Sellita and was aware of the brand history and their relationship with ETA. I would like to read your take on the Ronda R-150. It's so new there isn't a lot out there yet.
Almost forgot! Where did your brothers work?
Capt. Quint.

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 am

I have twin brothers 6 years younger than me, one was transit/NYC police, the other worked as a sheriff for Asheville NC. Both are now retired and have contractor businesses.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:42 am

340pd wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:04 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am
Didn't know anything about this Mr. O'Malley :o

Wow, very exciting news ! ..Always thought Ocean 7 was such a cool company,
or brand. And it sounds like you have some really great ideas, and watches up
your sleeve. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm going to go, and visit the site right now. :) ..Can't thank you enough for
letting us know about this !
Thank you so much for the comment , it means a lot and you're welcome!. I too thought OCEAN7 was rather unique when I stumbled on it years ago, but the website needed some improvement and brand exposure was lacking. When my partner and I heard it was up for sale we jumped on it.

We are going to see how things go this first year then hit the drawing board and come up with something new. A mechanical chronograph is one we're looking hard at. My Watchmaker partner is kind of a purist when it comes to chronographs

Thanks for visiting the website! Feedback is always welcome.
My pleasure, and thank you once again for taking the time to let us know
about everything like this. :salute: It's really cool of you, not to mention very
nice of you to do. ..I think it shows that Ocean7 is in really great hands, and
that the future looks really bright. As well as incredibly exciting for you,
along with everyone who enjoys Ocean7, and watches in general honestly. ;) :)

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for us, and want to wish you terrific
luck in the coming months, and years !!

340pd

Post by 340pd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Thank you so much for the comment!
Capt. Quint.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:56 pm

340pd wrote:
rhorya wrote:

My two cents, FWIW.

Cheers!

I agree with the above poster regarding the SW200. i like the sw200-1 a little better but the sw300 is on another level. i really like the sw300. i have not experienced any issues with. the stp's is another ball game. they are problem child's and definitely not one i would ever recommend. soprod makes a really nice movement. unfortunately a while back they left our forum watch company (Aegir) high and dry when they sent him a bunch of movements with issues. they great wen freshly serviced, but this does not seem the case when they leave soprod. the r-150 is still super new on the market and has not been used enough to get a good feel. for me it tough to beat most of the seiko movements and eta. hager is suppose to be coming out with a movement soon i believe.

340pd

Post by 340pd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:49 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:56 pm
340pd wrote:
rhorya wrote:

My two cents, FWIW.

Cheers!

I agree with the above poster regarding the SW200. i like the sw200-1 a little better but the sw300 is on another level. i really like the sw300. i have not experienced any issues with. the stp's is another ball game. they are problem child's and definitely not one i would ever recommend. soprod makes a really nice movement. unfortunately a while back they left our forum watch company (Aegir) high and dry when they sent him a bunch of movements with issues. they great wen freshly serviced, but this does not seem the case when they leave soprod. the r-150 is still super new on the market and has not been used enough to get a good feel. for me it tough to beat most of the seiko movements and eta. hager is suppose to be coming out with a movement soon i believe.
Thanks for the post. We do have a number of watches with ETA movements and we would like to continue with them, but the cost and availability is somewhat of a barrier. Good info on the Sellita movements though and thanks for that. I guess I have to research a bit more before deciding which way to go. I agree on the Ronda R-150. It's so new and unproven at this point.
Capt. Quint.

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:43 pm

I had a blue dial LM-6 and a black dial LM-6 and loved them both! Those were some of the first watches I had besides a Stowa Pro Diver and Seiko Monster.

Good luck with the company, I am eager to see what you come up with.
Regards,

Mark

340pd

Post by 340pd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:38 pm

MDF wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:43 pm
I had a blue dial LM-6 and a black dial LM-6 and loved them both! Those were some of the first watches I had besides a Stowa Pro Diver and Seiko Monster.

Good luck with the company, I am eager to see what you come up with.
The LM-6 is a gear watch! We have them in a GMT as well. Thank for the comment!
Capt. Quint.