OCEAN7 RE-LAUNCH

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: OCEAN7 RE-LAUNCH

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Ryeguy wrote:Yeah, this is an odd turn of events.

A micro becomes much more interesting to me when the owner participates in the forum as an authentic watch enthusiast (i.e. Todd at Aegir, etc.). Alternatively, don't participate at all and just produce really interesting pieces and let them speak for you (i.e. Synchron).

This "I'll participate only if you guys talk about my stuff" strategy definitely sets you back in my book.
…..and we engaged, welcomed him, and talked about his stuff.

It appears he didn’t like that we caught his shill-like behavior, which is fine. If he is that sensitive then piss off.

Even without the recent “dropped by” post, he wasn’t interested in anything but publicity so he can stay gone.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:58 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Ryeguy wrote:Yeah, this is an odd turn of events.

A micro becomes much more interesting to me when the owner participates in the forum as an authentic watch enthusiast (i.e. Todd at Aegir, etc.). Alternatively, don't participate at all and just produce really interesting pieces and let them speak for you (i.e. Synchron).

This "I'll participate only if you guys talk about my stuff" strategy definitely sets you back in my book.
…..and we engaged, welcomed him, and talked about his stuff.

It appears he didn’t like that we caught his shill-like behavior, which is fine. If he is that sensitive then piss off.

Even without the recent “dropped by” post, he wasn’t interested in anything but publicity so he can stay gone.
Lol. I was waiting for the wheels to come off this thread.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Pat's been around a long time, I think he joined here over 6 years ago. He does not post frequently here, but he has some in the past. He is super excited about a brand he has resurrected. I don't see why there is an issue with him telling us about it.

I would totally agree with everyone if this was his first time on the forum. But like I said it isn't. :salute:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Pat's been around a long time, I think he joined here over 6 years ago. He does not post frequently here, but he has some in the past. He is super excited about a brand he has resurrected. I don't see why there is an issue with him telling us about it.

I would totally agree with everyone if this was his first time on the forum. But like I said it isn't. :salute:
While true, it’s the combination of his last post and the other dude who “happened upon” us to boast of his Ocean7 love. Too coincidental IMO. We’ve engaged plenty, but Pat implied otherwise. Not buying any of it. YMMV

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:50 pm

I feel we ran out of things to say on the topic

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:23 pm

I’m not a big conspiracy guy

I think he figured he got the word out and we were done asking him questions for now - I don’t see anything weird

He said thanks and he’d keep us updated :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

340pd
Name: Patrick O'Malley

Post by 340pd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Hey guys,

I posted the announcement of OCEAN7 on this forum in order to solicit constructive feedback. Good or bad, it makes no difference to me because I respect the members here.

I refer watch enthusiasts to DWC and many other forums quite frequently, so if a comment from another member, new or old appears "Shill-like" I have no control over that ....BTW please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very literate. I'm just a dumb Navy Vet and retired cop so I had to look up the term Shill.

I've been a member of DWC for a number of years and I know how these threads can take a U-turn really quick. If my etiquette or "Perceived intention" was insulting in any way I apologize.

Hey, I have a thick skin and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Stay safe and thanks for all the feedback.

Pat
Here lies the body of Mary McGee,
Died at the age of a hundred and three,
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:30 pm

deepcdvr wrote:I’m not a big conspiracy guy

I think he figured he got the word out and we were done asking him questions for now - I don’t see anything weird

This.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

340pd

Post by 340pd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:38 pm

r.palace wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:30 pm
deepcdvr wrote:I’m not a big conspiracy guy

This.
No worries.....I'll be around :cheers:
For fifteen years, she kept her virginity…...Not a bad record for this vicinity.
Capt. Quint.

Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Name: Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Great to see Ocean7 get a new lease of life. I did a lot of work for Mitch in the early days and met up a few times over at Basel.

Good luck with the company, i hope it goes well for you.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Image Image

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:09 pm

340pd wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Hey guys,

I posted the announcement of OCEAN7 on this forum in order to solicit constructive feedback. Good or bad, it makes no difference to me because I respect the members here.

I refer watch enthusiasts to DWC and many other forums quite frequently, so if a comment from another member, new or old appears "Shill-like" I have no control over that ....BTW please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very literate. I'm just a dumb Navy Vet and retired cop so I had to look up the term Shill.

I've been a member of DWC for a number of years and I know how these threads can take a U-turn really quick. If my etiquette or "Perceived intention" was insulting in any way I apologize.

Hey, I have a thick skin and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Stay safe and thanks for all the feedback.

Pat

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Graeme wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:38 pm
Great to see Ocean7 get a new lease of life. I did a lot of work for Mitch in the early days and met up a few times over at Basel.

Good luck with the company, i hope it goes well for you.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Thanks for the comment! We're gonna make a go of it :thumbsup: The website took a while, but it's finally up.

If you're in the neighborhood give us a look and shoot us an email We welcome any feedback.....good or bad.

Thanks again :cheers:
Capt. Quint.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Best of luck!
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

340pd

Post by 340pd » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:12 pm

aikiman44 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm
Best of luck!
Capt. Quint.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:17 am

tmw wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:43 pm
I think the downfall I remember was the lm7 ploprof homage with a 58 click bezel. And all the rationalizing that this was the way it was supposed to be. When some one took it apart, and showed the underside of the bezel it was frankly a cluster.

The original lm-1 le was fantastic, but if I remember correctly there never was parts or plans to make it a permanent design. A one off. The newer lm1 was ok…and the lume dial was my favorite. It just didn’t have the same feel as the lm-1le.
Lmao i remember that
¯\_(ツ)_/¯