So, its official now - Tudor x Marine Nationale

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Re: So, its official now - Tudor x Marine Nationale

Post by jswing » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Chocodove wrote:With the expectation/hope this would be 40mm, I was actually considering cashing in on my Sub41 (before the new tax crap, of course), being happy with this as a quirky and interesting daily, and being mostly done. Alas, was not meant to be for this release.
So hard to get a Sub right now, probably best that this release didn't prompt you to cash out. I was so looking forward to this release myself, but that 52mm LTL is probably going to kill it for me.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:49 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Chocodove wrote:With the expectation/hope this would be 40mm, I was actually considering cashing in on my Sub41 (before the new tax crap, of course), being happy with this as a quirky and interesting daily, and being mostly done. Alas, was not meant to be for this release.
I’ll never sell my Sub41. This would make an excellent companion to it.
Yes, we all know this is the actual truth :).
- Todd

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:51 pm

jswing wrote:
So hard to get a Sub right now, probably best that this release didn't prompt you to cash out. I was so looking forward to this release myself, but that 52mm LTL is probably going to kill it for me.

Curious as to how the L2L plays out with the fixed lugs. Won’t know until I can try one one, and who knows how long that will take. Seems the response to this one is mixed, so maybe, just maybe, they’ll be slightly more available.
- Todd

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:

Curious as to how the L2L plays out with the fixed lugs. Won’t know until I can try one one, and who knows how long that will take. Seems the response to this one is mixed, so maybe, just maybe, they’ll be slightly more available.
I'm curious myself. Hopefully we get a chance to try them before too long. The watch looks pretty big on the 6.75 wrist in the video I posted, but we can't really know without trying it. I remember I wasn't even going to pursue the new 41mm Sub because I thought it'd be too big, and now it's my new standard.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:28 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:02 pm
Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:

I'm curious myself. Hopefully we get a chance to try them before too long. The watch looks pretty big on the 6.75 wrist in the video I posted, but we can't really know without trying it. I remember I wasn't even going to pursue the new 41mm Sub because I thought it'd be too big, and now it's my new standard.

I am up to 3 or 4 Pelagos purchases. I flip them all a few weeks or months later because they are too clunky. I doubt this would be any different. I'd take the risk in the high 2's or low 3's, but we know these will probably fetch closer to 5k after the grey market douchbags drive the market up.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:27 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:It's a very pretty watch. That rubber strap is terrible though. It looks like shit on the watch in the images on Tudor's website.
I don’t know. Looks pretty good to me here
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:28 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:

I am up to 3 or 4 Pelagos purchases. I flip them all a few weeks or months later because they are too clunky. I doubt this would be any different. I'd take the risk in the high 2's or low 3's, but we know these will probably fetch closer to 5k after the grey market douchbags drive the market up.
Well buy it new and sell if you don’t like it

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:30 pm

Looks real good

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:28 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:

Well buy it new and sell if you don’t like it
I don't have those kinds of connections :shrug:

r.palace

So, its official now - Tudor x Marine Nationale

Post by r.palace » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 pm

That’s the blue they should’ve gone w/ the first time. Looks way better in those pictures.

My OG 2 liner is still my favorite watch but a 40mm w this shade of blue would’ve been a cool 1-2 combo.
Last edited by r.palace on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:07 pm

After reading through some comments I know I’m probably in the minority... this is a big no from me. Fixed lugs is an absolute killer, add no date, and then what I’m sure will be a ridiculous price tag I’ll take my 2 liner all day long.

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:01 am

Looks like 3900.00 for it, with out the grey mkt markup.
Stephen

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:18 am

I'm also not sure if Stacey's pics are capturing the blue accurately. In comments, he states that the blue is slightly darker than the standard Pelagos blue. If the watch looks like it does in those pics, I may need to take a look, but I think I'd probably rather have a BB58 blue.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 am

Erratic101 wrote:After reading through some comments I know I’m probably in the minority... this is a big no from me. Fixed lugs is an absolute killer, add no date, and then what I’m sure will be a ridiculous price tag Image I’ll take my 2 liner all day long.
There is nothing ridiculous about the price tag at 3900$ Image

LuDi
Name: Lu

Post by LuDi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:14 am

Ordered mine, ETA april 2022 at the earliest, wait and see :)

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:52 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 am
Erratic101 wrote:After reading through some comments I know I’m probably in the minority... this is a big no from me. Fixed lugs is an absolute killer, add no date, and then what I’m sure will be a ridiculous price tag Image I’ll take my 2 liner all day long.
To be fair, he might have meant gray price.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 am
As much as it pains me to agree with you, I do. I just checked and MSRP of the Pelagos when released was around $4400. I guess the only thing that's changed is dealers no longer offer discounts and grey market buyers keep driving prices above retail. Luxury watches are flipping expensive lol.

jswing

Post by jswing » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:59 am

A couple guys on TRF have gotten them, and they're both saying the LTL isn't a big deal and the watch wears smaller than the old Pelagos. I spoke with my AD, and they have one incoming. The SAs are all duking it out over who gets the first one, so I don't know that I will get it, but I'm waiting for a call to at least come in and try it on. That'll be good, because whether they "let" me buy it or not, I'll at least know if I want it rather than obsess over it for months and ultimately not even want it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am

Definitely looks like a darker blue side by side with the OG blue based on the live TRF pics.
- Todd

jswing

Post by jswing » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:31 am

Chocodove wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am
Definitely looks like a darker blue side by side with the OG blue based on the live TRF pics.
Yup, I think it looks great.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:22 pm
It's a very pretty watch. That rubber strap is terrible though. It looks like shit on the watch in the images on Tudor's website.
The blue rubber on the original Pelagos looks like shit as well.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:48 am

While I do like this and enjoy a NATO, not sure if this would have any staying power as I'd grow tired of NATOs if the watch didn't have a bracelet option. Seems like good competition for Sinn U50

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am

52mm lug to lug nope not for me

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:49 pm

A pic from a guy on Facebook.