Analogue depth guage watches

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Southpaw
Name: Richard

Analogue depth guage watches

Post by Southpaw » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 am

I'm keen to get one of these for no other reason than the idea is cool and if you were re-inventing the dive watch it is something that logically they ought to have. Specifically I am interested in those that use a round open ended capillary integrated into the crystal and you read off the compressed bubble against a depth guage on the chapter ring. I've no idea what this kind of guage is called or if they are already covered on another thread. At the moment Oris makes one as the Aquis and at the lower end of the scale Lorenz and Nautica offer them too, albeit I think the guage exceeds the practical real life depth of the watch...

So, anyone any experience of this kind if watch? Any special way you have to dry it out or keep the depth hole clear of debris?

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Re: Analogue depth guage watches

Post by amckiwi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:17 pm

46497BFD-93C0-45BB-8B74-87DBB6C15FBB.jpeg
There is more than one type of analogue depth gauge watch out there
Well the depth gauge is the watch itself has a battery but but is not quartz

There is a gland on the side of the watch which changes pressure on a borbon (sp) tube that moves the depth indicator hand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Southpaw
Name: Richard

Post by Southpaw » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:35 am

Thanks Amckiwi, I've seen a few watches like that, typically powered by the Miyota MI 3U63 movement, or the Seiko equivalent. What puts me off about them is that the ones in my price range always seem to be two pusher chrono's. This is a watch I will be using in the water so I want as few holes in the case as possible.

Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Post by Ruggs » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:23 am

I’ve used the citizen digital depth gauge, although mine was digital. Looked like this

I don’t believe I ever got anything jammed into the sensor.

The newer ones are analogue but pretty busy