Pelagos half link??

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12160
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Pelagos half link??

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:33 pm

I’m one of those dudes - and there are plenty of us, from what I gather - that do not understand the Pelagos bracelet sizing.

Of course, I understand the spring loaded ratchet clasp, but with one link added and at the smallest setting it’s too big and without the link at it’s widest, it’s too tight... VERY frustrating that they sized the “ratchet” EXACTLY one link in width :scratch:

This has been an issue for years and is well documented on the forums, but Pelagos has not yet produced a half-link to solve the problem.

I don’t want to sell the watch, but this is my fourth one and although I love it, it’s heading to the sales forums unless someone here knows of a solution? :pray: :pray: :pray:

Someone help a brother out: any aftermarket Ti half links that would fit that you guys know of?
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 35770
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Same problem for me. Sucks. No fix.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17104
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:39 pm

I wonder if you could fit a half link from a different bracelet? The color wouldn't match perfectly, but you might be able to brush a half link from a Rolex Oyster or a similar knockoff and stick that on.
Last edited by JP Chestnut on Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamecock111
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am
Name: Doug

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by gamecock111 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Me too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7394
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:48 pm

This is largely the reason I have yet to try a Pelagos after all these years. Too many similar stories.
- Todd

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12160
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:06 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:39 pm
I wonder if you could fit a half link from a different bracelet? The color wouldn't match perfectly, but you might be able to brush a half link from a Rolex Oyster or a similar knockoff and stick that on.
I have a very large bag of spare links, buckles, pins and generally useless stuff - I went through that bag and every half link (or 3/4 link for that matter) was a pin/barrel instead of screw pin... It’s a great idea and I’ll have to go that route, I suspect - just wondering if any of the bros here have already found the perfect match..

:cheers:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29490
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Pelagos half link??

Post by matt.wu » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm

I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
:htfu:

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12160
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9230
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:38 am

Try.... using a nato strap? Nice Red Rock or Art canvas? I’ve moved away from bracelets on most of my watches.
The Hapa

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29490
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:23 am

deepcdvr wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
You know where to find me!
:htfu:

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by unsub073 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:55 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:38 am
Try.... using a nato strap? Nice Red Rock or Art canvas? I’ve moved away from bracelets on most of my watches.
Red rock works perfect w/my 2 liner.

Image

User avatar
AZpops
Posts: 3891
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 pm
Name: Lance
Location: Whereever the Job Takes Us

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by AZpops » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:52 am

matt.wu wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:23 am
deepcdvr wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
You know where to find me!

Might as well call IT Sold, an heading to the Bay Area! ... :lol:
Lance



Image

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12160
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Lance is a smart guy ;)
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

gamecock111
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am
Name: Doug

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by gamecock111 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Image


I used shower/sleep with this watch weeks on end, and then I put the dam bracelet on. Can’t find my tools on the moving boxes and this beauty just sits in the drawer. Damit, where are those f-Ing tools!

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7394
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by Chocodove » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:03 pm

gamecock111 wrote:Image


I used shower/sleep with this watch weeks on end, and then I put the dam bracelet on. Can’t find my tools on the moving boxes and this beauty just sits in the drawer. Damit, where are those f-Ing tools!
That looks…tight.
- Todd

User avatar
amckiwi
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm
Name: Stu

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by amckiwi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Could this be 3D printed with someone with the right skills?
Getting it to match the rest of the bracelet would be the challenge

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17104
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm

amckiwi wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm
Could this be 3D printed with someone with the right skills?
Getting it to match the rest of the bracelet would be the challenge
Might be easier to just cut the middle part of the link out, wield the two parts together, and then refinished.

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6308
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by dnslater » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm
amckiwi wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm
Could this be 3D printed with someone with the right skills?
Getting it to match the rest of the bracelet would be the challenge
Might be easier to just cut the middle part of the link out, wield the two parts together, and then refinished.
This is all nonsense. Just invest in the proper equipment and size up your wrist a bit to fit the bracelet. Like a shake weight.

Image

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by TSD » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:00 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 am
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
Lego or plastic button FTW! :salute:


User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 35770
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:13 am

TSD wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 am
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
Lego or plastic button FTW! :salute:

Brilliant! It’s probably already on the way to SFO.

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by Steve O. » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:18 am

TSD wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:00 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 am
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
I can help by buying your watch??? Hopefully it’s a 2-liner? :grin:
Lol it IS a two liner and I AM going to sell (or trade) it next week. I tried everything last night - a small piece of cardboard works perfectly, but FAK that - too nice of a watch for mods
Lego or plastic button FTW! :salute:

Image
"I don't know what my expectations are until they're not met." - Chuck Lorre

User avatar
Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Posts: 4509
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 pm
Name: Jamie
Location: Sydney

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by Jamie » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:44 am

I’ve been really thinking about one lately looks like ill need to try one on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 26748
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Pelagos half link??

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:13 am

I love the pelagos and I’ve thought about selling my 2254 for one. But only a 2 liner.

Hard decision because thanks to a DWCr I have the adjustable clasp on the speedy style bracelet and I can always find the right fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12160
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Pelagos half link??

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:58 pm

If it wasn’t for this tiny little thing (that drives me crazy) it would be the perfect watch!
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], sierra11b, smellody and 66 guests