Tudor Announcement 6/23 "Boutique Edition"

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:25 am

Shall we start the disappointment thread for this one as well? :mrgreen:
- Todd

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Tudor Announcement 6/23 "Boutique Edition"

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am

This one might be good. I'll make a bold (probably wrong) prediction: BB58 cased GMT.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:52 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am
This one might be good. I'll make a bold (probably wrong) prediction: BB58 cased GMT.
That would get my money ASAP.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm

I’m hoping this will be the Marine Nationale collab, though it’s not like it would be attainable for a long time anyway.
- Todd

JP Chestnut

Re: Tudor Announcement 6/23

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm
I’m hoping this will be the Marine Nationale collab, though it’s not like it would be attainable for a long time anyway.
What is that supposed to be, besides a blue BB58... which already exists? I guess they could redo the blue Pelagos in a less jarring hue.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:23 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Chocodove wrote:
What is that supposed to be, besides a blue BB58... which already exists? I guess they could redo the blue Pelagos in a less jarring hue.
Their IG rep dropped several hints suggesting Marine Nationale, plus they recently signed a new collaboration agreement with them, so I do believe it may be a MN re-issue, but reading into clues before has been wrong. They're showing a tease shot of stamping a new case from a block of metal so maybe there will be a new case? But I agree with you - how different could it be from the BB58 blue, which of course I just bought. It would be nice to see a snowflake dial to better match the snowflake hands. My biggest question is, if it's a boutique only edition, and there are no boutiques in the US, will those of us in the US even have access to it?

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Before we even talk about the watch… what is a tudor boutique edition ? Didn’t even know they had boutiques ?
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:23 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Their IG rep dropped several hints suggesting Marine Nationale, plus they recently signed a new collaboration agreement with them, so I do believe it may be a MN re-issue, but reading into clues before has been wrong. They're showing a tease shot of stamping a new case from a block of metal so maybe there will be a new case? But I agree with you - how different could it be from the BB58 blue, which of course I just bought. It would be nice to see a snowflake dial to better match the snowflake hands. My biggest question is, if it's a boutique only edition, and there are no boutiques in the US, will those of us in the US even have access to it?
Maybe it will be available via Rolex boutiques? I can't imagine some NYC heavy hitter getting turned down if they ask for one at the flagship Rolex store.

A new case would be nice, as would the dial. The BB58 is a huge improvement over the original, and I'd be happy to have one, but I still don't like the case/crown/tube ring nearly as much as I like the five digit Rolex divers. A 16610 case and a snowflake dial would to great.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Maybe it will be available via Rolex boutiques? I can't imagine some NYC heavy hitter getting turned down if they ask for one at the flagship Rolex store.

A new case would be nice, as would the dial. The BB58 is a huge improvement over the original, and I'd be happy to have one, but I still don't like the case/crown/tube ring nearly as much as I like the five digit Rolex divers. A 16610 case and a snowflake dial would to great.
I think the reason I like my BB58s so much is that probably my favorite watch of all time is the 14060, and the BB58 is the closest thing to it without spending crazy money. If Tudor were to release something closer to the MN Submariner, I'd chase it like a dog chasing a bone, but I can't get myself too worked up over it. Last time I did they came out with a silver and a gold BB58.. Not that there's anything wrong with those.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:50 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

I think the reason I like my BB58s so much is that probably my favorite watch of all time is the 14060, and the BB58 is the closest thing to it without spending crazy money. If Tudor were to release something closer to the MN Submariner, I'd chase it like a dog chasing a bone, but I can't get myself too worked up over it. Last time I did they came out with a silver and a gold BB58.. Not that there's anything wrong with those.
A perfect (complete/unpolished/mint) one of these

Would get me seriously thinking about moving my random serial 14060M. I really messed up not getting a 79090 and a big block when they were $3,500. I knew the prices would go crazy, but I was just too broke at the time to buy them both.

If the LE is a modern one of these, I'll seriously seriously consider hunting one down. Even if they're a ROW model.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:53 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
I am hoping for a slimmed down SS Pelagos. I know I am in the minority, but I actually like the blue they used for the regular one.

Perhaps the teaser showing the SS case being made is a clue? Who knows.
Last edited by Chocodove on Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Todd

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:53 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
I am hoping for a slimmed down SS Pelagos. I know I am in the minority, but I actually like the blue they used for the regular one.
I like it too. It's a great summer color, but it's not nearly as versatile as the BB blue.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:56 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:50 pm
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Would get me seriously thinking about moving my random serial 14060M. I really messed up not getting a 79090 and a big block when they were $3,500. I knew the prices would go crazy, but I was just too broke at the time to buy them both.

If the LE is a modern one of these, I'll seriously seriously consider hunting one down. Even if they're a ROW model.
I let mine go for $2600. :banghead: I didn't like the cyclops. I still don't like a cyclops, but I would like to have that one back. I'd love to have your 14060M.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:58 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:53 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Perhaps the teaser showing the SS case being made is a clue? Who knows.
I'd be interested in a 39mm, thinner Pelagos, but I'd get black. I'm sure the teaser is a clue, but they trick us every time. :lol:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:50 pm
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
jswing wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

I let mine go for $2600. :banghead: I didn't like the cyclops. I still don't like a cyclops, but I would like to have that one back. I'd love to have your 14060M.
I turned down a nice upolished one (on here) because it didn't have box and papers and there was some rust around the acrylic crystal (a common problem). Live and learn.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Tudor Announcement 6/23 "Boutique Edition"

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm

What does “boutique edition” mean? To actually put out something good, then make it limited so it’s impossible to find and triple the value on secondary market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:56 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm
What does “boutique edition” mean? To actually put out something good, then make it limited so it’s impossible to find and triple the value on secondary market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume it’s going to be like the green large size BB that was/is available from Harrods in the UK. It was initially hard to get, but the ultimate catch was that you had to be there, in person, to pick it up.

They trade around $5k IIRC in the US.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 pm

Tudor P01 ceramic with your choice of lime green or neon orange strap. You know you want it.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 pm

JBZ wrote:Tudor P01 ceramic with your choice of lime green or neon orange strap. You know you want it.
Extra Lug Length (ELL) SE.
- Todd

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Gilt dial, rose logo, Mercedes hand is my guess
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Gilt dial, rose logo, Mercedes hand is my guess
I'd be shocked if Rolex let Tudor use the Mercedes hands, but I'd be all over one if the did. I've always thought the BB would be perfect with either Mercedes hands on the current dial or snowflake hands on a snowflake dial.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm
BacoNoir wrote:Gilt dial, rose logo, Mercedes hand is my guess
I'd be shocked if Rolex let Tudor use the Mercedes hands, but I'd be all over one if the did. I've always thought the BB would be perfect with either Mercedes hands on the current dial or snowflake hands on a snowflake dial.

Current Subs are now so different than the five digits that tudor could practically homage those watches without encroaching on Rolex’s territory.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Maybe a thinner BB41 (or 40?) new case MN? I’d be in.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:08 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Maybe a thinner BB41 (or 40?) new case MN? I’d be in.
With drilled lugs please.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:48 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:08 pm
hoppyjr wrote:Maybe a thinner BB41 (or 40?) new case MN? I’d be in.
With drilled lugs please.

Their lug positioning is so weird that seeing it on the outside of the case would be terrible.