Tudor Announcement 6/23 "Boutique Edition"

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Tudor Announcement 6/23 "Boutique Edition"

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:08 pm

I just heard that Tudor is supposedly opening up boutiques in the USA shortly. At least two (one in NYC and the other in SoCal) but possibly more.

Better picture of the clasp

In

Out

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:I just heard that Tudor is supposedly opening up boutiques in the USA shortly. At least two (one in NYC and the other in SoCal) but possibly more.

In

Out
The clasp is much more compact than the glidelock, which is a good thing. US boutiques makes sense if that's the direction they want to go. I have no problem going to NYC for a watch I really want. Be nice for me if they'd open one in Philly but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

dnslater
Name: Nick

Re: Tudor Announcement 6/23

Post by dnslater » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 am

jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:I just heard that Tudor is supposedly opening up boutiques in the USA shortly. At least two (one in NYC and the other in SoCal) but possibly more.

In

Out
The clasp is much more compact than the glidelock, which is a good thing. US boutiques makes sense if that's the direction they want to go. I have no problem going to NYC for a watch I really want. Be nice for me if they'd open one in Philly but I won't hold my breath.

This clasp looks like a huge win. The Rolex Glidelock is a fairly large clasp…. Pretty much covering the entire underside of your wrist, I really like the comfort of smaller clasps like on my 16600 or the OG BB58. This creation from Tudor looks like the best of both worlds.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:00 am

dnslater wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 am
jswing wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm

In

Out

This clasp looks like a huge win. The Rolex Glidelock is a fairly large clasp…. Pretty much covering the entire underside of your wrist, I really like the comfort of smaller clasps like on my 16600 or the OG BB58. This creation from Tudor looks like the best of both worlds.
It kind of makes me wonder why Rolex does the EZ link on its smaller clasps - they clearly have the technology to do a glidelock with a smaller clasp size.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:35 am

Stolen from TRF

I'm starting to actually like this watch. The claps, from the exterior, looks like it came right off a Rolex with the raised center section. It also looks much less cheap than the old one with the shield like design.

The finishing on the LE somehow looks better than the regular one. The brushing looks more uniform and the edges are crisper. I hope that Tudor undergoes a finishing improvement akin to what Omega began when they went from the PO2500 era watches to the nicer newer ones.

Also, I've heard that the NYC Tudor Boutique is supposed to open in November. If this LE doesn't turn green I might actually try to hunt one down. I'm digging it.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:41 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:00 am
It kind of makes me wonder why Rolex does the EZ link on its smaller clasps - they clearly have the technology to do a glidelock with a smaller clasp size.
I hope that they will go that way eventually. IIRC the bigger white gold Yachtmaster has a small style glidelock rather than the EZ link. The Jubilee on the GMT2 still uses the EZ link though -- I think.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:36 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:41 am
JBZ wrote:
I hope that they will go that way eventually. IIRC the bigger white gold Yachtmaster has a small style glidelock rather than the EZ link. The Jubilee on the GMT2 still uses the EZ link though -- I think.
It seems to take them awhile to filter things down to SS watches. It’ll probably be a year before Tudor adapts this to its SS black bays.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 am

JBZ wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:36 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:41 am
JBZ wrote:
It seems to take them awhile to filter things down to SS watches. It’ll probably be a year before Tudor adapts this to its SS black bays.
Probably. I think the EZ link is obviously cheaper, but they should really fit a mini glidelock to everything they offer, including the DJ, given how expensive Rolex are now.

Does anyone know if the new 36mm Explorer 1 uses the EZ link or glidelock? I haven't noticed.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:43 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 am

Does anyone know if the new 36mm Explorer 1 uses the EZ link or glidelock? I haven't noticed.
EZ link. This Tudor mini glide lock would be perfect but Rolex goes out of their way to keep the Tudor brand separate.

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:12 pm

I really don't know why all the major watch brands haven't put these on all their bracelets. You'd think they would want to keep their customers happy.
Stephen

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:14 pm

flyskate wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:12 pm
I really don't know why all the major watch brands haven't put these on all their bracelets. You'd think they would want to keep their customers happy.
I think Omega’s push to adjust clasp is better than the glidelock. It might be less robust but it’s easier to use and a slicker bit of engineering. It’s also offered in multiple sizes and adjustment ranges.