BBK357 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 am
How is everyone liking these?

Anyone want to sell one?

I love the black case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely enjoying it.

Man I love that.
Let me know if/when when you want to sell it!

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Re: Synchron 70’s Military Homage

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 am

BBK357 wrote:

Anyone want to sell one?

I love the black case.

Mine has been a daily wearer pretty much since receipt. I have the stainless case and have been wearing it on an orange ISO.

The size is fine, even on my relatively skinny wrists. Accuracy is fine (not one of those +/- seconds per day guys, but I haven't had to reset it over a month of wear). Bezel action is good, proper alignment, zero slop. Crown engagement is good with plenty of threads.

From my perspective, this is the way a micro ought to work - good movement, good quality construction, sub $1K price tag.

If you are looking for a black model, just be aware the last few that were released are running a Sellita movement, not the ETA. Rick / Syncron made the announcement that he could not get any more ETA movements so he had to switch.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:28 am

Ryeguy wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Anyone want to sell one?

I love the black case.

Mine has been a daily wearer pretty much since receipt. I have the stainless case and have been wearing it on an orange ISO.

The size is fine, even on my relatively skinny wrists. Accuracy is fine (not one of those +/- seconds per day guys, but I haven't had to reset it over a month of wear). Bezel action is good, proper alignment, zero slop. Crown engagement is good with plenty of threads.

From my perspective, this is the way a micro ought to work - good movement, good quality construction, sub $1K price tag.

If you are looking for a black model, just be aware the last few that were released are running a Sellita movement, not the ETA. Rick / Syncron made the announcement that he could not get any more ETA movements so he had to switch.
Ah man. Good to know about the non eta. I’ll be keeping my eyes out for a black eta.

I’ve always wanted a vintage-y black cased military type watch. I love the old chronosport UDT and the black Heuer that had the Lemania 5100 in it but those are stupidly expensive now. But yes I think this thing would be awesome on black nato or one piece Velcro.

I was watching delta force the other night and it reignited my interest:

DEATH FROM ABOVE

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:40 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 am
BBK357 wrote:

Anyone want to sell one?

I love the black case.

Do you have the date when the switch to Sellita occurred?
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:11 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:40 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 am
BBK357 wrote:

Anyone want to sell one?

I love the black case.

Do you have the date when the switch to Sellita occurred?
The switch to Sellita was only for the last 50 PVD / black Military models. According to Synchron's posting on WUS, the serial numbers were not sequential, so you'd have to go by previous owner order date or ask Synchron based upon the serial number of the watch you are looking at purchasing.

Here is a copy of what Synchron posted on WUS:

Fortunately, there is nothing to hide here, but unfortunately there is no possibility to change this situation, The uncertainty whether Synchron will receive the 2824-2 has been present now since April, negotiations and correspondences with the supplier were taking place during this period, and the final note came yesterday that the supply of ETA 2824 was cut without notice and the last 50 Synchron Military pieces are receiving an SW200. As assembly of the last PVD pieces is currently taking place and serial numbers are being currently compiled, it wont be until the watches are completely assembled to know which 50 serial numbers of the 500 pieces total edition will receive an SW200. So we recommend that anyone who doesn't want the SW200 movement for whatever reason, which (in our Opinion after 20 years of improvement) has now become the better variation of the ETA2824-2, please email Synchron to cancel the order for full refund. Unfortunately, Synchron has tried every route to get access to those movements without success, and was informed, that there will never be an ETA 2824-2 in a non-Swatch group watch again, thus the use of the SW200.. And as this has now become a problem not only for Synchron but to the entire industry, there will be no way to obtain ETA 2824 anymore.

We at Synchron apologize for this disappointment, and are offering a full refund to anyone who doesn't want an SW200 powered Synchron Military..

Further we like to inform that;

any correspondence about this topic should be directed to Synchron by email, phone or livechat. The CS team will not be able to handle any inquiries about the movement on this thread
all delivered pieces until today are powered by the ETA 2824-2, all stainless steel pieces are also powered by the ETA 2824-2.
the entire edition of 500 pieces of the Synchron Military is completely sold out.
email was sent out with the above information to the last batch of the Military PVD pre-orders that are affected by the above note

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:08 am

I have a substandard Selitta-powered PVD. Absolutely love it. I’ve never paid so little for a watch I’ve enjoyed this much.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:35 am

dukerules wrote:I have a substandard Selitta-powered PVD. Absolutely love it. I’ve never paid so little for a watch I’ve enjoyed this much.
If I had the choice I’d go ETA, but I would not turn one down that was sellita.

Did they let you know yours was sellita? I thought you got yours pretty early on.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 am

I ordered it about a week after it was announced and it took almost four months to show up. They let me know a couple of weeks before I got it that it would have an SW200. While everyone wants an ETA, I’m not sure the SW200 isn’t an objectively better movement, or at least just as good. But I’m not really a movement snob.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:10 pm

dukerules wrote:I ordered it about a week after it was announced and it took almost four months to show up. They let me know a couple of weeks before I got it that it would have an SW200. While everyone wants an ETA, I’m not sure the SW200 isn’t an objectively better movement, or at least just as good. But I’m not really a movement snob.
Cool. As long as it runs well it doesn’t matter. I always think of eta service being easier.

One thing is odd to me though- I’ve been trying to go to synchron USA website all day today and it’s not loading.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Enjoying mine as well...

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:10 pm
dukerules wrote:I ordered it about a week after it was announced and it took almost four months to show up. They let me know a couple of weeks before I got it that it would have an SW200. While everyone wants an ETA, I’m not sure the SW200 isn’t an objectively better movement, or at least just as good. But I’m not really a movement snob.
Cool. As long as it runs well it doesn’t matter. I always think of eta service being easier.

One thing is odd to me though- I’ve been trying to go to synchron USA website all day today and it’s not loading.

Yeah, the movement doesn't really bother me either.

ETA service *might* be easier now, but if Swatch goes the path of Rolex and cuts the supply of spare parts to only Swatch service centers, the days of easy 2824-2 service might be over.

I'm guessing even if they do pull that same stunt the impact won't be felt for years due to the existing stock in the hands of independent watch repair shops, but I could certainly see it happening in the future.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:43 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 pm
BBK357 wrote:

ETA service *might* be easier now, but if Swatch goes the path of Rolex and cuts the supply of spare parts to only Swatch service centers, the days of easy 2824-2 service might be over.

I'm guessing even if they do pull that same stunt the impact won't be felt for years due to the existing stock in the hands of independent watch repair shops, but I could certainly see it happening in the future.
ETA 2824-2 has been around 40 years. there is a plethora of part available, even aftermarket. that is not true of the sw200. parts are just now starting to come available. and they are not interchangeable with the 2824. we haven't service many sw200's lately but at one time we had 5 of them on the bench for keyless works issues. and no parts were available. they all got 2824's installed. some of those customers are here on this forum. the STP movements are way more problematic.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:41 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

ETA 2824-2 has been around 40 years. there is a plethora of part available, even aftermarket. that is not true of the sw200. parts are just now starting to come available. and they are not interchangeable with the 2824. we haven't service many sw200's lately but at one time we had 5 of them on the bench for keyless works issues. and no parts were available. they all got 2824's installed. some of those customers are here on this forum. the STP movements are way more problematic.
Yep, I’m one of those. It was easier and cheaper to swap movements (SW to ETA) than continue to try to troubleshoot.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:43 pm
Ryeguy wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Yes, no argument regarding the commonality of the 2824-2 and current parts availability.

My thought is simply that given Swatch is in the process of limiting movement supply to only Swatch brands, the next logical step IMO is to limit service parts to only Swatch service centers.

If I’m Swatch, I’d be trying to think of how I could continue pulling revenue from my existing customers after the initial watch sale. Forcing you to use my service centers is one way to do this.

FWIW, the most problematic movement I ever owned was a Soprod A-10. That movement, despite being “Swiss made” had more issues than anything I’ve owned from ETA, Seiko, Sellita, or even cheap Chinese copy movements. It was significantly over oiled from the factory and ultimately had to be stripped, cleaned, reassembled and properly oiled before working well.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 am

E6727622-E78D-4A4C-9CCC-D7C1D0381F16.jpeg
I had a stainless, but switched it for a PVD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:13 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 am

If I’m Swatch, I’d be trying to think of how I could continue pulling revenue from my existing customers after the initial watch sale. Forcing you to use my service centers is one way to do this.

FWIW, the most problematic movement I ever owned was a Soprod A-10. That movement, despite being “Swiss made” had more issues than anything I’ve owned from ETA, Seiko, Sellita, or even cheap Chinese copy movements. It was significantly over oiled from the factory and ultimately had to be stripped, cleaned, reassembled and properly oiled before working well.
they have been talking about limiting the use of the 2824 for about 10-15 years now. but I can still get them from the suppliers. i think swatch is trying to make people cough up more money to get them. :shrug: i am not sure.

i also had issues with the soprod. which was frustrating because it is a beautiful movement.

the SW-200's are cheaper for a reason. some good reading on them https://calibercorner.com/sellita-calib ... s-sw200-1/ . they still try to market it as a even replacement as a 2824 but that is not the case. the Sw200-1 is the movement that is more improved production wise. the sw300's are really good straight out of the box.

i don't recommend any watch with a STP. maybe soon they will fix their issues and bring that back up to playing field.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Well that was some good info.

Regardless- whatever movement, if anyone thinks of selling let me know when you do.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire

Post by aikiman44 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:04 pm

That is a cool site. Thanks.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 pm

aikiman44 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:04 pm
That is a cool site. Thanks.
enjoy the killer watch Jay! :salute:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:48 am

Looks like I’m a few months too late. I did a watchrecon search and a ton of these were sold over the summer months. Most from $1200-$1400 but a guy on WUS sold a black one with a black BOR bracelet for $1075!
Patience I guess….

DEATH FROM ABOVE

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:52 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 pm
aikiman44 wrote: