Scurfa Seamaster

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

Scurfa Seamaster

Post by CarloDWC » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 pm

OK so some months ago I bought a set of OEM Omega Seamaster hands with the idea or installing them on a Victorinox Divemaster. I never did that mostly because I decided that I liked the Divemaster as it was.

However I had this set of hands and I wanted to install them. I needed a watch with the quartz movement... There was only one that made sense to me, Scurfa Diver One.

I got one and here is what it looks like. Sorry for the poor pics, the domed crystal and no AR is a PITA when one is trying to take pics...

IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3792.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg
IMG_3794.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CarloDWC on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Scurfa Seamaster

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:47 pm

I’m usually a fan of whatever you create, but this one is a hard no. I don’t care for those hands on an Omega, but wouldn’t put up with them on anything less.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:59 am

Not a fan of these hands on a Seamaster, but I think they look good on the Scurfa. Rock on and wear what you like!

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 am

I think the combination really works.
The Hapa

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks God I did not make this one for Ed... I would be in big trouble now... :lol:

Interestingly I never cared much for these style hands either, in fact I never used them before for anything. Actually I ended up with these particular set mostly by chance. However I have to say that after wearing the watch for a few hours I actually warmed up to the look quite a bit. The lume is perfectly the same in intensity, color and longevity as the markers on the dial and all in all I like the result. :grin:

But that's me of course and I am sure each person's reaction could be different. :grin: But that's also why I like this hobby, diversity and lots of different options. :thumbsup:

This will be my New Year Eve watch... :lol:

IMG_3797.jpg
IMG_3800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 am

Holy cow Carlo, this has to be the very first Scurfa mod out there I bet ! :excited: :)
And it looks awesome honestly sir !!! :headbang: :salute: The hands go great with the
shape of the markers, and even markings, and numbers on the bezel. Seriously, this
is like a Scurfa Special Edition right here, and can imagine Paul must be so flattered
that you would pick one of his watches as a project. :thumbsup: Usually we will see you
working your magic on Seikos, but this is so neat ! Love the watch in stock form or
Carlo DWC form honestly.

You know what was so ingenious about picking these hands too sir? Is they are very
similar to the stock hands, but in skeletonized mode. Yet another winner Carlo !
Yowza, well done !!! ..Even the NATO choice is perfect. ENJOY !

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Thank you Tom. Scurfa Special Edition sounds good... :lol:

The Nate in the pics is the one I use to check out watches and test them to ensure they work right, by wearing them for a bit. So it is my "work horse" strap. It is a Phoenix original from Britain.

As another note, I actually have a bracelet that fits the Scurfa almost perfectly. It seems to be some Oyster bracelet with a glide lock buckle. Unfortunately it is too short for me, I guess 7 1/2 - 8" or so, a bit tight. I will need to get a link or two to wear it. I got it with another watch so I am not totally sure where it came from. But I like it and it would be a worthy addition to the Scurfa.

Here are a couple of pics of the bracelet installed on the watch. :grin:

IMG_3803.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg
IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3807.jpg

poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Post by poppydog » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:21 pm

I think it looks great, wish I had the skills to do this kind of thing.
Regards

Steve

watchdawg
Name: Vic

Post by watchdawg » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:20 pm

I think it looks good. You do great work

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm

Wait....you don’t build each of these for me? WTF!?

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:40 pm

I have never liked these hands. BUT they look great on this particular watch. Great work Carlo.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:27 am

Thank you all. :grin:

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm
Wait....you don’t build each of these for me? WTF!?
Hoppy, I am pretty sure your refined taste for squisit timepieces would certainly prevent you from wearing "poor man" watch mods... :lol:

Kidding aside, you have a great taste Ed, just different then mine. :shrug: :grin: :thumbsup:

I am still wearing this actually and love it even if it is a tad smaller then I would like. :grin:
IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 pm

This looks cool Carlo. Shoot me a PM when it is time to move it along.

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:15 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 pm
This looks cool Carlo. Shoot me a PM when it is time to move it along.
Thank you and sure thing my friend. :thumbsup:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 am

Looks great Carlo!

I am NOT a fan of Skelton hands on any watch, though. I don’t know how many seamasters I’ve owned over the years and although their are great watches, the hands do them in for me every time (mostly at 3 am when I wake up and have no idea what time the watch is displaying)... either way, love your work!
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

CarloDWC

Post by CarloDWC » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you very much.

The skeleton hands have indeed less lume but they are Omega which mean some of the highest quality lume. Scurfa lume is almost on par, same color and intensity and longevity. The markers are definitely larger so more paint which probably account for that. The hands are pretty new, I think from last year - 2019. So the lume is pristine and I think that because of that they are visible. But I too prefer larger hands usually, my favorite are sword or pilot style. :grin: