General watch talk.
Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Re: New Benrus Type I

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:18 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 am
Ryeguy wrote:
One difference I did notice earlier is the lack of drilled lugs on the Benrus. I’m guessing this is true to the original, but I like them for my “hard duty” watches. I’m installing shoulderless bars in mine and putting it on a PDW NATO for about as rugged a setup as I can fashion.
I actually put shoulderless spring bars in all my nato-only watches, including the Benrus. They basically make it a fixed bar watch, but can be easily snipped out with a pair of wire cutters if/when needed. The bars that CountyComm sells are great quality, strong, and the tips work for almost everything, except Seiko & Rolex (which need a larger diameter tip).
Thanks for the tip on sourcing the bars!

PS - I’m not sure whether to scold you for being up too early or too late :lol:

Shaun777
Name: Shaun

Post by Shaun777 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:31 am

12 months or so after the launch of the reissue type 1, was wonder what owners and past owners think of the watch. Glad you held onto it? Or glad you moved it on? No regrets?
They are still available new from Benrus. I really like the looks and history, close to pulling the trigger on a purchase, but would like to get some thoughts from those that own or have owned the watch.
Thanks. Have a good weekend.

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:10 pm

Shaun777 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:31 am
12 months or so after the launch of the reissue type 1, was wonder what owners and past owners think of the watch. Glad you held onto it? Or glad you moved it on? No regrets?
They are still available new from Benrus. I really like the looks and history, close to pulling the trigger on a purchase, but would like to get some thoughts from those that own or have owned the watch.

Shaun, perhaps consider my LE. DWC preorder price is about 1/4 the Benrus with better specs, in my opinion.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:04 pm

Shaun777 wrote:12 months or so after the launch of the reissue type 1, was wonder what owners and past owners think of the watch. Glad you held onto it? Or glad you moved it on? No regrets?
It’s very well done and I wouldn’t mind owning another. It’s overpriced at retail (but what isn’t really), though if you are eligible for their discount it brings it down to something slightly more realistic. If you like this style of watch I don’t think you’d be disappointed. It’s a good effort by them, did a great job with the bezel and overall package.

- Todd

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Shaun777 wrote:12 months or so after the launch of the reissue type 1, was wonder what owners and past owners think of the watch. Glad you held onto it? Or glad you moved it on? No regrets?
It’s very well done and I wouldn’t mind owning another. It’s overpriced at retail (but what isn’t really), though if you are eligible for their discount it brings it down to something slightly more realistic. If you like this style of watch I don’t think you’d be disappointed. It’s a good effort by them, did a great job with the bezel and overall package.

Agreed. My Benrus is a fantastic watch. A faithful update to a classic.