HK import duties

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
stonehead887
Name: Jeremy

HK import duties

Post by stonehead887 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:19 am

Hi guys,

Looking for some help or advice here. Its concerning purchase of a Phoibos watch to the UK so I get there will be different costs for any US replies.

My wife has recently ordered one for and paid the extra £25 for DHL tracked shipping. Today she has received a notification from FedEx saying they are holding a parcel and demanding over £250 import fees.

Firstly, I cannot see DHL, with end to end delivery capabilities passing this on to a competitor and secondly, the feeds are disproportionately high against the value of the goods ( unless China has near 40% import fees for goods arriving in EU.)

Parcel is tracking to Heathow where its being held, they are asking import duty and import tax. As far as I know it should be duty on goods and after checking we think it should be around £80 which I can live with, not 250. The watch with VAT is only £420.

We are going to check with Phoibos, my main gripe is if I paid for DHL, as per their website, why are shipping with FedEx? I am inclined to not pay the duty and send it back for a refund.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated

Cheers, Jeremy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk